Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prestonsburg Blackcats 2014
MERRY CHRISTMAS PRESTONSBURG FROM 64SUR. :truestory:
Congrats to Following Blackcats for making Wymt All Mountain
Jarredd Jarrell 1st team Utility Player Chase Ousley 1st team Defense Kyle Wallace and Dalton Frasure Honorable Mention
Also Jarredd Jarrell and DaltonFrasure Honerable Mention Courier Journal All State Team:rockon::Cheerlead:Thumbs:
Brancher1978 Wrote:Congrats to Following Blackcats for making Wymt All Mountain
Jarredd Jarrell 1st team Utility Player Chase Ousley 1st team Defense Kyle Wallace and Dalton Frasure Honorable Mention
Also Jarredd Jarrell and DaltonFrasure Honerable Mention Courier Journal All State Team:rockon::Cheerlead:Thumbs:

Congrats boys!!!

Looking forward to next year.
This will be the year for the cats. No more "we are young"excuses. Senior class will be close to 20. Most of which started as freshmen and sophomores. One of the top qb's in the state and a work horse in the backfield. With all other regional opponents losing alot to graduation, I look for Prestonsburg or Middlesboro to represent the east in 2A.
Prestonsburg will do great things in 2014, It will be a fun season.
I think that Blackcats will have success if the ball is distributed more. Past year basically 2-3 people got the call. In order to get to the next level cats must share the wealth. Next year you will have Reed back as receiver and probably addition of Marcum as a back and Stapleton as are receiver.and still have Chaitlin Jarrell and Evan Jarrelll, Little, and Ousley. All showed that they can catch when given the opportunity and I think to keep defenses honest we have to rely more on these players more. Jarredd and Dalton are great players but you can go to the well one too many times. It also puts them in at risk when they get tired of injuries. If boys outside of Jarredd and Dalton become consistent and the defense continues to improve this team has the potential to make a run.
Prestonsburg has a real good shot at BG next year in my opinion but it pays that for them to get to state they must get by several good teams such as Middlesboro, Somerset, NCC, and a few others.
PHS Coach Wrote:This will be the year for the cats. No more "we are young"excuses. Senior class will be close to 20. Most of which started as freshmen and sophomores. One of the top qb's in the state and a work horse in the backfield. With all other regional opponents losing alot to graduation, I look for Prestonsburg or Middlesboro to represent the east in 2A.

Agreed. We should have no excuse in 2014 barring any major injuries.
Brancher1978 Wrote:I think that Blackcats will have success if the ball is distributed more. Past year basically 2-3 people got the call. In order to get to the next level cats must share the wealth. Next year you will have Reed back as receiver and probably addition of Marcum as a back and Stapleton as are receiver.and still have Chaitlin Jarrell and Evan Jarrelll, Little, and Ousley. All showed that they can catch when given the opportunity and I think to keep defenses honest we have to rely more on these players more. Jarredd and Dalton are great players but you can go to the well one too many times. It also puts them in at risk when they get tired of injuries. If boys outside of Jarredd and Dalton become consistent and the defense continues to improve this team has the potential to make a run.

Agreed. By spreading the wealth it will only make the team as a whole better. The defenses can not key on 2-3 players.

I look for a strong run to Bowling Green in 2014 from this group of Blackcats.
#1 Blackcat Fan Wrote:Does anyone know about our incoming freshman class?

The incoming Freshmen class from both Allen and Adams have some pretty good talent.

Allen - Had about 15 8th Graders and I expect at least 8-9 of the key players go to Pburg. I see the Osborne kid and Woods kid should contribute to at least special teams ( take some slack off of two way starters)

Adams - From what I have seen in the beginning of their season there were very few I thought could play and doubted them from the start...thought they would only win 1-2 games but they surprised some people and Won the county with minimal talent.

I think Adams had 14 8th graders and pretty sure most of them will Attend PHS due to the fact the Head Coach is the JV & Freshmen Coach at the Hight School.

The Nunnery Kid and #1 (Cant remember his name) should contribute early.
Thanks Pit.
Youre Welcome....also keep an eye out for the feeder schools in the next few years. Adams will be getting 14 6th graders that are pure talent one of which is Seth Hyden's son...

Should be an exciting next few years for PHS...
I love to aggravate "some" of the fans from Prestonsburg, but truthfully I fully expect them to be in BG this year. They improved so much after that Betsy Layne game, it was incredible.

This football season should be a lot of fun for you guys!!
It's going to be interesting to see how these players and coaches can come out and perform with high expectations. Last season, no one expected this team to get past the first round and thought that it was finally Betsy Layne's year to take down Prestonsburg in football. Obviously we were proven wrong.

I still don't think this is one of the better teams Prestonsburg has had in the last decade either talent wise, because there isn't really one player that just blows you away with how good they are. But this is a good TEAM, that fights for each other and never gives up. That was a problem a few Prestonsburg teams had the few years before this past season.

I hope this team can get to Bowling Green next fall, but I'm not going to hold this team that high just yet.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:It's going to be interesting to see how these players and coaches can come out and perform with high expectations. Last season, no one expected this team to get past the first round and thought that it was finally Betsy Layne's year to take down Prestonsburg in football. Obviously we were proven wrong.

I still don't think this is one of the better teams Prestonsburg has had in the last decade either talent wise, because there isn't really one player that just blows you away with how good they are. But this is a good TEAM, that fights for each other and never gives up. That was a problem a few Prestonsburg teams had the few years before this past season.

I hope this team can get to Bowling Green next fall, but I'm not going to hold this team that high just yet.

BlackcatAlum, the bolded statement is why I think they have a heck of a chance. I loved the fight this years team had. Something that had been lacking for a couple years.
I hope Leslie County win 2A.But if they don't I will pick Prestonsburg Blackcats ....64SUR :Cheerlead
Looking forward to the Prestonsburg/Middlesboro banter next year. They both return a bunch from good teams. It would make a very good regional final. Somerset appears to have lost to much to be a factor but I never count them out.
Thoughts an predictions on the upcoming season.
I'm going out on a limb picking Prestonsburg blackcats to go to bowling green over my sleeper team leslie county. Confusederiously:
64SUR Wrote:I'm going out on a limb picking Prestonsburg blackcats to go to bowling green over my sleeper team leslie county. Confusederiously:

Prestonsburg will be a very good team in 2014. They will win Dist.8 but must beat 2 teams from Dist. 7 to get to NCC from up North, that will be a hard 3 game stretch.
Cellking Wrote:Prestonsburg will be a very good team in 2014. They will win Dist.8 but must beat 2 teams from Dist. 7 to get to NCC from up North, that will be a hard 3 game stretch.

I just have a feeling Cellking that Blackcat Fever is back in prestonsburg....Now Leslie county beat them. Confusederiously::insane:
I agree that this has motivated P'burg.
64SUR Wrote:I just have a feeling Cellking that Blackcat Fever is back in prestonsburg....Now Leslie county beat them. Confusederiously::insane:

Leslie County will be much improved. Got about 30 out for Spring Practice while 5 or 6 play Baseball. Add incoming Freshmen and they will dress 45 to 50.Most of the Upperclassmen can play. I think they can be good.:Thumbs::Thumbs:
The blackcats are going to have a big year.
#1 Blackcat Fan where are you. Confusederiously:
In my opinion, the blackcats have a good chance at making it to Bowling Green. They have the experience and the talent to make a run at a state title. My only concern is, when Prestonsburg is expected to have a big year they don't, and when they are expected to be down, they over achieve. So hopefully they have a strong year as expected. Good luck Blackcats!!!!
bump
[Image: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/ima...st_new.gif] Yesterday, 08:30 PM
64SUR [Image: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/ima...online.gif] <SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_1757666", true); </SCRIPT>
Hall of Fame
[Image: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/ima...member.gif]
[Image: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/ima.../rank6.png]

Liked 1,471 Times in 1,034 Posts
[Image: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/ima...on_pos.gif]

[Image: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/ima.../icon1.gif]
#1 Blackcat Fan where are you. Confusederiously:

I am right here 64. Thanks for holding down the fort.
Could a Mod combine the 2 threads for Prestonsburg 2014 please?
Prestonsburg fielded a very young team last year. These boys had a lot of learning and growing to do over the course of the season. I think the coaching staff done a great job with this group last season.

Prestonsburg only lost 1 starter from last years team. The growth these boys showed last year during the season was impressive. Again great job by the coaching staff. We also had a few key starters injured throughout the year that affected the team. Seth Marcum was out the entire season until the playoffs. Jackson Reed was just starting to come into his own before a week 4 injury put him out for the year. Chatlin Jarrell missed a game or two. A few others i can't recall off top of my head missed a game or two here and there.

If this years team can stay healthy and continue the improvement they showed throughout last season I fully expect them to make a run to Bowling Green.