Poll: Who wins the Class 2A Championship game
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
DeSales
60.71%
Newport Central Catholic
39.29%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newport Central Cathilic vs DeSales (2A State Championship Game) 12/7th
Prestonsburg's 2009 team that went to the state semi's undefeated only dressed around 27.
This is pretty cool

http://www.churchilldowns.com/news/archi...hs-footbal
oneijoe Wrote:No... those 40 dressed for NewCath is a good healthy number for a 2A squad. NewCath is where it belongs.

DeSales, otoh, is much nearer the 3A enrollment margin. The Colt staff must do a an EXCELLENT job getting kids to go out for football. Having 90+ dressed out isn't typically seen at schools smaller than 5A !!

It's a good thing they can only play 11 at a time, eh NKY ?? :biggrin:
Yeah, I should have mentioned that's with freshman. About 12 freshman moved up after their season ended. I'm talking based on enrollment. NCC was in the bottom few last time and enrollment has dropped. They will be in 1A in the next realignment.
NKYfootballfan91 Wrote:Yeah, I should have mentioned that's with freshman. About 12 freshman moved up after their season ended. I'm talking based on enrollment. NCC was in the bottom few last time and enrollment has dropped. They will be in 1A in the next realignment.

I never thought you'd left out freshman in the first place. 40 is a good number for a 2A sized school with freshman included. The 27 P-burg dressed in 2009 also included freshman. The Blackcats typically have freshman players dress out on Fridays through the year for varsity on the sideline (vs appearing after freshman football ends).

But yes, the coming realignment could be interesting in a lot of places.

:popcorn:
should be a good game
Alright this one is about to get started in less than a hour. I'm gonna say DeSales early, often and as much as they want.

DeSales 41
NCC 7