Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Madison Southern 41 Harlan Co 28
I think you HC fans realize what i was saying now.

I NEVER hype a player up. This is a first for me. The kid is on another level.

Hes to good for teams around here.
Patriot Wrote:He touched the ball 98% of the plays!

I was listening to the MS radio station because i couldnt get HCs stream to work, and according to them, he only touched it 20 times or so.

Everytime i heard a play, it was there other runningback, and he would usually get stuffed. Then they would give it to Harris and he would take off for 35, 45, 60, just racking up yards.
I will reserve my statement until after i see the stats, but I think it could have been worse.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:The way it sounded on the radio, the coach didnt want to overuse him.
Had he got 10-15 more touched, he could of had well over 500.

He was GONE.

And BTW, yes i still believe PC is the region favorite and MS will beat Harlan County to play them in the region championship...

The rest of the team only had nine carries. He had 79 yards at halftime but just took over in the fourth quarter.
MSHS HCHS
First downs 12 16

Rushes-yards 30-349 49-282

Passing 67 137

Comp-Att-Int 4-7-0 8-11-0

Punts-Avg 4-38 5-29

Fumbles-Lost 2-1 1-1

Penalties-Yards 4-40 6-40

INDIVIDUAL STATISTICS

RUSHING—Madison Southern, Harris 21-341, Dionne 5-13, Miller 1-0, Slone 3-(-5). Harlan County, Chitwood 9-138, Whitehead 15-88, Massey 11-29, Bailey 12-16, Wilson 2-11.

PASSING—Madison Southern, Slone 4-7-0-67. Harlan County, Bailey 8-11-0-137.

RECEIVING—Madison Southern, Dean 4-67. Harlan County, Wilson 5-100, Chitwood 2-27, Massey 1-10.
HDE Wrote:The rest of the team only had nine carries. He had 79 yards at halftime but just took over in the fourth quarter.

Im sorry. Did you say something about PC and MS being in the region championship together? I cant hear you.
HDE Wrote:MSHS HCHS
First downs 12 16

Rushes-yards 30-349 49-282

Passing 67 137

Comp-Att-Int 4-7-0 8-11-0

Punts-Avg 4-38 5-29

Fumbles-Lost 2-1 1-1

Penalties-Yards 4-40 6-40

INDIVIDUAL STATISTICS

RUSHING—Madison Southern, Harris 21-341, Dionne 5-13, Miller 1-0, Slone 3-(-5). Harlan County, Chitwood 9-138, Whitehead 15-88, Massey 11-29, Bailey 12-16, Wilson 2-11.

PASSING—Madison Southern, Slone 4-7-0-67. Harlan County, Bailey 8-11-0-137.

RECEIVING—Madison Southern, Dean 4-67. Harlan County, Wilson 5-100, Chitwood 2-27, Massey 1-10.

So harris only had 21 carries?!?!?!?!?!

I guess you just keep on proving me right Confusednicker:
Imagine if he would have got all the carries.
I also think the Dionne kid had more carries than that. He had 3 back to back on one series that MS went three and out on.
All I know is Pulaski and Mad South took care of business and Harlan Co. did not. Simple as that. PC and MS moves on...Harlan Co. stays home. Happy hibernation Black Bears. You have a great program but your run is over.
By the way I'm 110% behind whatever Coach Larkey's game plan was! Hard to stop that kid! Plus he's won a lot of games running the ball! You live with it and die with it!
I think I said something this past week about not overlooking a VERY good Madison Southern team & was made fun of. You can not overlook any team in the playoffs. Harris is the best RB I've seen in 20 years. How many seniors does Harlan County lose? What do they have returning?
Theres always next year.

Pulaski and MS will be the favorites again.
Just give it up HDE! Just revile in the fact that his team has been terrible and HC owns them that he has to jump on a bandwagon to even have anything to get on here and talk about!
Forever Maroon Wrote:I think I said something this past week about not overlooking a VERY good Madison Southern team & was made fun of. You can not overlook any team in the playoffs. Harris is the best RB I've seen in 20 years. How many seniors does Harlan County lose? What do they have returning?

Some will disagree with me, because they have to, but i expect to see HC take a big drop off over the next few years.
Patriot Wrote:Just give it up HDE! Just revile in the fact that his team has been terrible and HC owns them that he has to jump on a bandwagon to even have anything to get on here and talk about!

Were bringing in Harlan Counties kryptonite....The Dudley
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Some will disagree with me, because they have to, but i expect to see HC take a big drop off over the next few years.

I could be wrong but, I think you're right! Most of Harlan County's production on both sides of the ball was from seniors. Unfortunately, HC's run is over and it is now Pulaski's turn for the next few years with Madison Southern going for it next year too.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Some will disagree with me, because they have to, but i expect to see HC take a big drop off over the next few years.

You're on a roll now, so you could be right this time. You said the same thing two years ago though.
I think they'll still be pretty good. I think they still have five or six starters back both ways. They have a good senior class next year and a really good group of freshmen. The other two classes are a little down, unless some players who left come back.
HDE Wrote:You're on a roll now, so you could be right this time. You said the same thing two years ago though.
I think they'll still be pretty good. I think they still have five or six starters back both ways. They have a good senior class next year and a really good group of freshmen. The other two classes are a little down, unless some players who left come back.

No offense to the rest of the district but, I will be shocked when and if the day ever comes that Harlan County does not finish first!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
^
Next year!

Mark it down!
Next year what?
Harlan County won all three with a running clock. The JV team did win the league championship the last two years, so it's not like the reserves are bad players.
The Harris kid is as good as I have seen. Ever. He is amazing. Proud of my black bears. Harris had around 70 yards in the first half. Two big runs. Otherwise Madison punted several times. He turned it on late in the 4th. He ended up with near 350 yards. The Bears were atop the Class 5A in defense against the rush. Yes, he is really that good. The Bears were plagued with injuries over the past two weeks and that showed tonight. Not an excuse. Yes, the Bears do have players that play on both sides of the ball. That's what you've got and that's what you have to play with. Two starting linemen and a defensive end were not playing tonight. Not an excuse, but those are tough losses for any teams offense and defense. Especially if you are facing the best running back in the state. I think Madison Southern blew up the bears line at the weaknesses and that hurt the Bears offense, especially twice in the red zone. Bailey scrambled more than he could pass and was sacked several times, while the run was stuffed on those drives a few times as well. The Black Bears had more total offensive yards tonight, but Harris finished it with the final TD run on third and long, late. It is, as always is, tough on the seniors. Coach Larkey and Staff run a topnotch program and will get these Bears working hard again in the offseason for another playoff run next year. Good luck to Madison Southern, I hope you put the smackdown on Pulaski. Nothing like putting the smackdown on Pulaski and Whitley. Love those Seniors! GO BLACK BEARS!!!!!
HDE Wrote:Next year what?
Harlan County won all three with a running clock. The JV team did win the league championship the last two years, so it's not like the reserves are bad players.

Next year, HC will not win the district championship.

Ill let you save this post, and do whatever you so please.
I wont say who will win it yet, but HC will not win district outright.

Your forgetting there are a lot of players out there not playing for other teams right now.....

Ill eat crow if im wrong.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^
Next year!

Mark it down!

What kind of secret weapon is Whitley County bringing in for next season?!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Next year, HC will not win the district championship.

Ill let you save this post, and do whatever you so please.
I wont say who will win it yet, but HC will not win district outright.

Your forgetting there are a lot of players out there not playing for other teams right now.....

Ill eat crow if im wrong.

So, you're giving me Harlan County and you're taking the field? That's normally a good bet for your side.
I don't get the "players out there not playing for other teams." Don't get shy now. It's not you.
HDE Wrote:So, you're giving me Harlan County and you're taking the field? That's normally a good bet for your side.
I don't get the "players out there not playing for other teams." Don't get shy now. It's not you.

The field is Whitley, Perry, and Letcher.

Seems you still have the advantage.

We will revisit this thread next year. Ill have to remember where to find it and place it in my mind as harlan countys season ender.
LeeCoUKFan Wrote:What kind of secret weapon is Whitley County bringing in for next season?!

Whitley is one big question mark right now.
If everything goes well, I thik youll see Whitley numbers climb from 40 to 70
While everyone is tooting there horn, I'll toot mine to Smile. I said I took MS for one reason, Damien Harris bc the kid can take over a game, and I've never seen a kid do that in HS the way he can. Kids only a JR! Scary!
He certainly took the game over in the 4th quarter. Madison Southern can beat Pulaski and I see it coming. MS has great fan support too. This was a great game. The Black Bears almost got the onside kick and a chance to win it at the end. Almost don't count. MS has a great team and great fans. Like I said before, Harris is the best I have seen. And yes, he can take over a game. Sad for those Black Bear seniors, they almost pulled it off. Good luck Madison Southern and Go Black Bears!!!
Gut who will win the district next year?
BB CLAW Wrote:He certainly took the game over in the 4th quarter. Madison Southern can beat Pulaski and I see it coming. MS has great fan support too. This was a great game. The Black Bears almost got the onside kick and a chance to win it at the end. Almost don't count. MS has a great team and great fans. Like I said before, Harris is the best I have seen. And yes, he can take over a game. Sad for those Black Bear seniors, they almost pulled it off. Good luck Madison Southern and Go Black Bears!!!

No doubt MS is a good team but without Harris..I question if they are at this point. Regardless they are and the Pulaski Game will be a good one.
reports come from benham that a secret ingredient was served in the pregame meal at the school house inn.harris is a d 1 player for a reason,,,you can stop him a couple times but he will get his in the end.the only game i feel he didnt was the pulaski game and know he has what few get,,a chance to play that same team again.give a good player a second chance and you pay. i will take mshs over pulaski this time.
E's Army Wrote:Gut who will win the district next year?
letcher central