Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is the best 3A team ?
ballboy Wrote:I still say Bourbon maybe Belfry, I just dont see Central winning it this year, Its hard to win 3 straight years, I dont care how good you are it very difficult.
Central is going for 4 in a row.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
HSFOOTBALL Wrote:I think Bourbon and PT will show how big that gap isnt.

I hope so I like a high level of competition that was not an insult just a observation. I believe if there's an outside dark horse to win it these two team have the best chance
Jarons Wrote:Central is going for 4 in a row.

Correct Sir

State Championships
Central (5) Class 3A 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012

and have dominated since 2007
Thrillex Wrote:I'm not very familiar with Wayne Co., but what makes them so coveted? Their schedule looks no better than that of Bourbon's. Bell Co. is down, Southwestern, South Laurel, Rockcastle, McCreary Central, Casey all have terrible records
The one common opponent they have in Garrard Co., scored the same amount of points other than I'm assuming Bourbons QB didn't play that game.
So why does Wayne Co. get all the love?

They have 22 of the most Athletic seniors you have ever seen only 5 Kids play both ways. They don't have to but they are so athletic you cant take them off the field, they are a next man up team have tons of talent. They can pass and Run and there defense is lights out.

Also, southwestern is a good team with a tough sch. Bell co is not down ask Corbin and Harlan Co fans (tough sch). If they played like they did against Bell Co they are a special team and unbeatable. The rest of the teams you are correct.

This team game plans well and can match up with any team, Wayne Co will be hard to beat and so you can't compare common opponents because this team can beat you passing and running and present so many match up problems. no weakness not even on the offensive line especially not the D line
Everyone has to travel to Ptown to try to stop the Tornado this year.
Objective Wrote:They have 22 of the most Athletic seniors you have ever seen only 5 Kids play both ways. They don't have to but they are so athletic you cant take them off the field, they are a next man up team have tons of talent. They can pass and Run and there defense is lights out.

Also, southwestern is a good team with a tough sch. Bell co is not down ask Corbin and Harlan Co fans (tough sch). If they played like they did against Bell Co they are a special team and unbeatable. The rest of the teams you are correct.

This team game plans well and can match up with any team, Wayne Co will be hard to beat and so you can't compare common opponents because this team can beat you passing and running and present so many match up problems. no weakness not even on the offensive line especially not the D line

Do they play anyone both ways on the line?
Looks like Bourbon and Wayne matchup pretty well, both have athletes on athletes and both can run or pass, would make for a great.State championship!
Iam4thecats Wrote:Do they play anyone both ways on the line?

maybe one but he's strong and athletic not a Hog prob 6'2 240 and has the endurance to do so
Objective Wrote:They have 22 of the most Athletic seniors you have ever seen only 5 Kids play both ways. They don't have to but they are so athletic you cant take them off the field, they are a next man up team have tons of talent. They can pass and Run and there defense is lights out.

I hear you on Wayne, the West in 3a in murders row, it will be tough for Wayne to knock off Central in Louisville this year, whoever comes out of the west to play in the finals will have probably had to win 3 tough games in a row
Louisville Central and Belfry are the best teams in 3A. They have been in the title game 2 years straight and all the pressure is on them. Until someone beats them they are the best. I dont want to hear about Wayne, Bourbon or anyone else until Central and or Belfry loses a game.
Here's the place, whomever ventures west in 3A, enjoy the trip.

http://binged.it/1d44YRz
johnnyd Wrote:Louisville Central and Belfry are the best teams in 3A. They have been in the title game 2 years straight and all the pressure is on them. Until someone beats them they are the best. I dont want to hear about Wayne, Bourbon or anyone else until Central and or Belfry loses a game.

why get on a open forum then? These other teams are a factor on paper and on the field. 3A is much more competitive this year than in the past that's why this discussion is going on !!!!!

I wouldn't be shocked this year if neither team makes BG
you might not want to hear about them but you will hear about them.
Look for PT to reclaim 3A title rights (Blue blast from the past).
Central until somebody proves different. Wayne and Belfry are pushing hard for that opportunity.
Central number one Belfry number two Wayne number three
Central

@DuPont Manual (6A) Lost 17-7
@Lafayette (6A) Win 30-27
@eastern (6A) Win 14-7
vs Doss (4A) Lost 33-19
@Western (4A) Win 20-14
vs St. Xavier (6A) Lost 27-13
@Elizabethtown (3A) Win 33-7
vs Henry County (3A) Win 21-0
@LaRue County (3A) Win 34-0
vs Pleasure Ridge Park (6A) Win 37-23
vs Casey County (3A) Win 62-14

Belfry

vs Somerset (2A) Win 37-12
@Harlan County (5A) Win 21-12
@Southwestern (5A) Win 38-27
vs Pikevile (1A) Win 56-20
@Sheldon Clark (3A) Win 49-6
vs Gallia Academy, OH Win 41-19
@christian Academy of Knoxville Win 27-21
vs Lawrence County (3A) Win 35-12
@Pike County Central (3A) Win 56-34
vs Johnson Central (4A) Lost 56-28
vs Jackson County (3A) Win 42-6

By the looks of Belfry and Central Schedules I would have to go to Central because of strength of schedule
By that logic Belfry is better. Johnson central is the best team on both schedules.
Cardfan1 Wrote:By that logic Belfry is better. Johnson central is the best team on both schedules.
Highly disagree... Have you seen St x this year? They look like a college team. They have 3 college running backs, tons of speed, depth, and the biggest and one of the most athletic lines I have seen in high school. They are better than JC
One thing is for sure: it doesn't matter who you played in August come playoff time. It's how you play today.
3A unlike the rest of the classes has 6-7 contending teams. If you played this tourney out 6 times you may have 6 winners that is some great parody.
Cardfan1 Wrote:One thing is for sure: it doesn't matter who you played in August come playoff time. It's how you play today.
3A unlike the rest of the classes has 6-7 contending teams. If you played this tourney out 6 times you may have 6 winners that is some great parody.

Cannot argue this at all.
Top Tier: Central and Belfry
Just outside the top tier: Wayne Co, Corbin, South Warren

Third Tier capable of an upset: Bell, Tilghman, Bourbon, Mason
HAROLD Wrote:Top Tier: Central and Belfry
Just outside the top tier: Wayne Co, Corbin, South Warren

Third Tier capable of an upset: Bell, Tilghman, Bourbon, Mason
How you have Corbin above bell? Didn't bell beat them? Bell lost to middlesboro too.. S. Warren has great D, very little O & lost to a an verge team

I think it's central, then a mixture of the next 4 or 5 teams
Bourbon is the best team in 3A this year. I can't see another team maching up one on one with bourbon this year. I thinking Bourbon And South Warren will be that State game, I just dont see any team be able to slow down the speed that Boco has this year. And with Pope coming back sometime soon they will be running wide tf open. and shouldnt be stopped!
Bourbon is the best team in 3A this year. I can't see another team maching up one on one with bourbon this year. I thinking Bourbon And South Warren will be that State game, I just dont see any team be able to slow down the speed that Boco has this year. And with Pope coming back sometime soon they will be running wide tf open. and shouldnt be stopped!

Bourbon and South Warren wont meet in state championship game, they are both in the west
pigskin1987 Wrote:Bourbon and South Warren wont meet in state championship game, they are both in the west

I don't think I agree that Bourbon is the best team in 3A, though they are a contender. And Bourbon is in the East.. They could meet South Warren if that is the way the West plays out.
Why wait until now to post something like this? I could see it at the beginning of the season when everyone is talking about preseason rankings. The playoffs are here--this is all getting settled on the field. Who's the best 3A team? We'll know in about 26 days, until then just enjoy and watch it all play out.
Walt Longmire Wrote:Why wait until now to post something like this? I could see it at the beginning of the season when everyone is talking about preseason rankings. The playoffs are here--this is all getting settled on the field. Who's the best 3A team? We'll know in about 26 days, until then just enjoy and watch it all play out.

That give us 26 days to arm chair quaterback a smaller pool of teams
Nope - Bourbon is in the east bracket, they could play South Warren. Not saying they will, but they could