Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prestonsburg 69 South Floyd 56
This is just an observation from what I saw last night. South Floyd needs to focus on getting ready for Betsy Layne in a few weeks and try and get up extra shots in practice, It is easy to get on here and talk trash and build a team up but realistically if you intend on doing that I would assume you should be ready to put forth your " A " game and settle for nothing else in order to back it up. I still think South has an excellent chance to do well in the District even though it is at Betsy Layne and that is who they play. The Raiders play pretty good there and the crowd that night will be as many Raider fans as Bobcat faithful. I really couldn't figure out how a few could state the Raiders were number one in the Region this year even though I feel that there are several teams that can win it. This is about as wide open as I have seen the 15th in a while and ever who gets hot at the right time should do well. Good luck to Prestonsburg the remainder of the regular season as well as South Floyd.
"gish" Wrote:
"Basketballer" Wrote:
"gish" Wrote:Prestonsburg is the best team in the district and they proved it tonight. Prestonsburg is just to athletic and too strong at every position. If they keep this kind of play up they are going to be VERY tough to beat.

They are not the best team in the district....Them and SF are about even

A 13 point win and they are even? Don't really understand your logic there.They only beat Prestonsburg by 3 at SF. Prestonsburg has also beaten Betsy Layne twice rather handily, and South Floyd has been beaten twice by them. Prestonsburg went 5-1 in the district and South Floyd went 4-2. You can't argue with that. They are CONFERENCE CHAMPS! Champs is usually reserved for the BEST.

The game at home was also without Little...Im not saying they are better than Pburg
I know, and then with him they get beat by alot. I know you aren't saying that South Floyd is better, but you aren't saying Prestonsburg is the best. LOL Which IMO, I don't know how you could say they aren't.
You are just picking one me...lol
Way to go Blackcats..........Keep up the hard work.
I'll have some stats later.
"Basketballer" Wrote:You are just picking one me...lol

OHh no not I. :lol:
LOL...Prestonsburg and SF will meet in the district finals and I would love to see us have a all 58th regional final...
Good win for the Blackcats. Congrats on #1 seed. I think both teams played really hard and sometimes you get these games that you have to grind through and pburg did it and are Conference Champs. I am a 58th district fan and like to see all our teams do well but SF fans admit when your team was beat, especially basketballer. Pburg is going into the 58th tournament as the #1 seed so they are the best until knocked off. Talking and wishing isn't they way to a title, WINNING is and on this night Pburg is on top.
Nice post showtyme.
"Showtyme" Wrote:Good win for the Blackcats. Congrats on #1 seed. I think both teams played really hard and sometimes you get these games that you have to grind through and pburg did it and are Conference Champs. I am a 58th district fan and like to see all our teams do well but SF fans admit when your team was beat, especially basketballer. Pburg is going into the 58th tournament as the #1 seed so they are the best until knocked off. Talking and wishing isn't they way to a title, WINNING is and on this night Pburg is on top.
I am a big Pburg fan ask, Blackcat and gish!! But I still think that SF is just as good as they are....When Pburg is on they are on.....They were beat and I never denied that....BUT like I told gish both of them are good teams....
South Floyd has been overrated this whole year... they are a scrappy team at best. When they hit a spurt they can compete with anyone, but they don't have those games every night, I don't even see them making it to region this year, seeing they play Betsy Layne, who was beat them pretty solidly twice this year and if I'm not mistaked the 58th District tournament is to be held at Betsy Layne this year... will be a TOUGH game for South Floyd to survive IMO.