Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central... Paintsville & The Apple Bowl
ShadeTree Wrote:Paintsville may keep this one close for a few series then Johnson Central turns it loose.

They're not playing the Apple Bowl anymore.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:That would be true..... If this game was being played.

khsgamenight Wrote:They're not playing the Apple Bowl anymore.

Great minds think alike.
My bad. Now that you mention it...I'm getting old. Was a huge play.

I remember Chris at LB, though. I remember he was all over the field that game. Don't forget Alex Ward. He was another solid defender on that team.

I have always wondered how good Gary Fitzpatrick could have been at QB on a team like we have now, with that line and offensive scheme. He had all the tools.
My avatar picture was taken at the last apple bowl in 08 .It was the JC nose gaurd waiting on the Paintsville O to come back to the line.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:That would be true..... If this game was being played.

LOL woooops Confusederiously:
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Great minds think alike.

Give it a rest man. This game should've been cancelled a long time ago, probably even before I had the chance to play in it. JC doesn't benefit from this and neither does Paintsville. I would, however, enjoy an Apple Classic, similar to the Big Sandy Bowl, on Thursday evening to bring in the festival.
I agree. some sort of game needs to be played on Thursday of Apple Day. The Apple Day Classic. One year at Central then the next at Paintsville.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Jamie Slone, Chris Simpson, Chris Bowlin, Scooter LeMaster Chris Pierce, Chad Webb, Chris Stapleton....... And many more I'm forgetting.

Don't forget Paul Price he was the fastest guy on that team. If Price had played for Matney he would have been a RB and rushed
for a bunch of yards.
Diogenes Wrote:My bad. Now that you mention it...I'm getting old. Was a huge play.

I remember Chris at LB, though. I remember he was all over the field that game. Don't forget Alex Ward. He was another solid defender on that team.

I have always wondered how good Gary Fitzpatrick could have been at QB on a team like we have now, with that line and offensive scheme. He had all the tools.

I agree 100% Fitzpatrick IMO the best QB in JC history before Matney. This group of kids lost there #1 linemen prospect in a accident, his name was Jason Smith and was 6ft 4inchs 285lbs as a 8th grader at Meade. I have always wondered how good he could have been and his impact on this team would have been huge! RIP Jason Smith
DALE Wrote:Give it a rest man. This game should've been cancelled a long time ago, probably even before I had the chance to play in it. JC doesn't benefit from this and neither does Paintsville. I would, however, enjoy an Apple Classic, similar to the Big Sandy Bowl, on Thursday evening to bring in the festival.

Now Dale, I think your discrediting some of the teams that Paintsville had from the late 90's to mid 00's. Some of those teams could still lineup against JC, IMHO. The big nasty lineman and multi-sport athletes all over the field just aren't at Paintsville anymore. From my perspective, Paintsville hasn't had lineman like they had in the early 00's since then. C'mon man.
Diogenes Wrote:My bad. Now that you mention it...I'm getting old. Was a huge play.

Pulp Fiction stumps Diogenes on JC football history, I think I need to go to bed now. LOL. Just kidding guys, but Pulp was right it was Chad Webb on the fumble return to start the route.
The Blue Blur Wrote:Pulp Fiction stumps Diogenes on JC football history, I think I need to go to bed now. LOL. Just kidding guys, but Pulp was right it was Chad Webb on the fumble return to start the route.

Swear to God I was there. Give me one mistake a decade, c'mon! Smile
The Blue Blur Wrote:Pulp Fiction stumps Diogenes on JC football history, I think I need to go to bed now. LOL. Just kidding guys, but Pulp was right it was Chad Webb on the fumble return to start the route.

Diogenes Wrote:Swear to God I was there. Give me one mistake a decade, c'mon! Smile

Actually my buddy Chris Simpson told me about it. But I'll take the credit, lol.
Diogenes Wrote:Swear to God I was there. Give me one mistake a decade, c'mon! Smile

That's your one until 2023 Diogenes, LOL. I'm just kidding. I know you were there as was I and if I'm not mistaken, that is or was the longest fumble return in school history.

Pulp Fiction Wrote:Actually my buddy Chris Simpson told me about it. But I'll take the credit, lol.

That wasn't to downplay your knowledge of the history of the program, but Diogenes is and was pretty historically inclined when it comes to JC football. I would say, given the question of yearly starting lineups during the Musick era he'd be at least be 75% correct.
The Blue Blur Wrote:That's your one until 2023 Diogenes, LOL. I'm just kidding. I know you were there as was I and if I'm not mistaken, that is or was the longest fumble return in school history.

That wasn't to downplay your knowledge of the history of the program, but Diogenes is and was pretty historically inclined when it comes to JC football. I would say, given the question of yearly starting lineups during the Musick era he'd be at least be 75% correct.

There comes a point when you have seen so much history you actually BECOME history, I think. It ain't cause I got a good memory, it's just cause I've watched way too much Central football for one human.

This thread got me thinking...if you put together an all-time JC team by position...who would be on it? I could only go from 1990 to now, based on what I've seen. And I would have to seriously think, especially about who I'd take as my full back and tailbacks from all that time. Maybe that's a question for another thread altogether.

But hey, it's great to beat the Tigers again on Apple Day, even if it's on Friday night and those Tigers happen to be from Ironton. I'll take it.