Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Turf Is Being Put Down!
quit wineing because ur team hasn't got turf
the turf is looking really good as of right now but it wont be done in time for Valley's home game this friady, so valley will be playing on Pikeville's field
RB#2 Wrote:the turf is looking really good as of right now but it wont be done in time for Valley's home game this friady, so valley will be playing on Pikeville's field

That sucks,what time will the game be
I don't WHINE!! (that is the way it is spelled).... to be totally honest, I could give two hoots less!!!!!!
phs1986 Wrote:I don't WHINE!! (that is the way it is spelled).... to be totally honest, I could give two hoots less!!!!!!

ok..good
Wasnt it last year when the Valley people was crying over turf? They dont even have it done yet or even practiced or played on it and already think they are superior for getting it....
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
they way i look at it is no matter what the field looks like, you play ball. but congrats to the wildcats and good luck adjusting to thier new field
I'm still wondering why the board spent all of this money on Shelby Valley football... Are you sure that they need turf?
Boomer86 Wrote:I'm still wondering why the board spent all of this money on Shelby Valley football... Are you sure that they need turf?
I believe it is a poor assumption that the Pike Co BOE spent ANY $$$ on the turf.
The official statements I have seen are that it was paid for with private and corporate donations...there has been NO verification of school money going to the field there.
I don't get jealous.... I went to Pikeville High School. I simply believe that there are many other places where this kind of money can be spent in order to make an impact.... I am sure that others agree.... turf is nice when the district is swimming in money.... I am just not positive that that is the case here! Good luck to the Wildcats.... hope your season is what everyone is expecting and enjoy the new turf.....
Alright Let's Go Ahead And Put An End To All Of The Haters In Pike County. The Board Of Education Did Not Spend A Dollar On This Turf. The Shelby Valley Community Raised The Money And Had Private Donations From Places Like Teco And Community Trust Help Pay For It. Quit Whinning About How Money Can Be Spent, The People Around Here Decided What To Do With The Money, The Boe Had No Say On Anything, I Mean Come On, Why Are You All Complaining, Atleast Valley Is Trying To Do Something With The Football Program.
You Can Bet Plenty Tax Payer Money Went Into Both Valley And Belfry Fields.
Boomer86 Wrote:I'm still wondering why the board spent all of this money on Shelby Valley football... Are you sure that they need turf?
why wouldn't they need turf???are they not good enough to get it???i personally don't care how good or bad a team is i think they all should get it
Personally, they are in high school.... turf is a great PERK, it is by no means a necessity.... Men have played football on grass for many many years.... a few high school boys playing the game on it is not big deal!
schools decided to get turf thats great, but not when everyone without is crying. stop being babies and go out and get the donations and get the turf (if you want it) yeah we have played football on grass since the inception of the sport, but big friggin deal about the turf.
two color blue Wrote:You Can Bet Plenty Tax Payer Money Went Into Both Valley And Belfry Fields.
You can bet all you want but there is no documentation of this and posting false information is forbidden on this site...Rule 12.
A reminder for everyone on this thread.
Rule 12...Do not post false information!
I drove by and looked at the new field yesterday. I dont know about the blue end zones. I dont think that really looks to good on a football field but to each his own I think. I thought there was going to be a big blue SV in the middle of the field? But from what it looks like, the field is completed, they just need to do the side lines where the players stand and stuff.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
i think this thread should have been closed by now
just my opinion though
pillsburythrowboy Wrote:Was over at Valley today drove by before I wnet to the p-burg n pville game. And I have to say is wow!!!!!!! The field looks great the endzones are blue and every one said its gonan be a big SV at the middle of the field I have heard it was gonan be the Kstate Wildcat they have on there helmets this year. Which by theway is my avatar!. But the field is looking great the new uniforms they got last year look aweosme, a new scored board and sound system would be completely awesome something we really need. The turf is not like Belfrys and Pville being with the rubber. It looks like carpet. Saunders is a great coach. Wish I could had him for a coach. Hurts my feelings 2 years after i graduate we get turf and kick ass uniforms lol.

the turf is better than p-burgs and pikevilles but it has rubber just like them they just havent put it down yet they have to rowl out all the turf first havent u ever watched a field beinf done...?
I've never neen anyone "rowl" turf. I agree. with PHS, this thread has gone on too long.
winner Wrote:the turf is better than p-burgs and pikevilles but it has rubber just like them they just havent put it down yet they have to rowl out all the turf first havent u ever watched a field beinf done...?
Oh boy, a pissing match over who has better plastic grass.
I have to say this thread is possibly the most boring I have ever read.