Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Highest Jumpers in the State?
KentuckyFan35 Wrote:Evan Hall KCC

You and him both can make a easy thousand. Just video it. But when I pay you I want the rights to it because I will make a fortune.
catsallthetime Wrote:You and him both can make a easy thousand. Just video it. But when I pay you I want the rights to it because I will make a fortune.

I don't understand
[Image: http://www.verticaljumping.com/images/ac_barch.jpg] These boys got hopsss!!! :worthy:
TPX Wrote:[/B]
Meaning done by professionals with the proper equipment and making sure the correct techniques are used when doing a vertical jump. Similar to the hand timed 40's done by the high school coach or the guys brother. They say they run a 4.4 or 4.3 40 but are shocked when they get clocked at a 4.6 at a combine. Considering DJ Stephenson has the highest vertical ever recorded by the NBA at the combines at 46 I really doubt all these 40 inch verticals from high school kids in KY.

Well those NBA combine stats haven't been really official, and easy to look up for very long. If you go to NBA.com you can see it only dates back to the 2000's. Still, a 59" vertical is really hard to believe. Having 59" of clearance even with your knees pulled up is pretty phenomenal. I have heard Jordan's was 48", but no one has that officially. But yes, as to the original point, 40" verticals are pretty rare, but you're gonna see several people in an entire state with 40"+ verticals. No reason to not believe a guy has one when discussing the highest jumpers in the state.
Jaysean Paige had a 42 inch vertical. Played at perry
Belfry has a kid 5'11 that can dunk with two hands not sure what his vertical is but must be pretty good at only 5'11
meat loaf Wrote:Correct way to measure a verticle is have player extend his arms to higest level on a tape on a wall (record ) then jump off two feet with no step-see how far he reaches on the tape and subtract his original reach. A 40 inch verticle would be outstanding.

Actually you are allowed one step!! Watch the combines, you are allowed to take 1 step for your vertical. Yes, Jamar Ergas has over a 40inch vertical. No, 40 inch vertical not real popular in Ky but across the country and the world their is PLENTY of 40 plus verticals out there. The Dude from Globetrotters had a 56.
hitter Wrote:Jaysean Paige had a 42 inch vertical. Played at perry

Yes he did. He was 6ft at best and their is a pic of him catching an lob against Scott county and his armpit is over the blackboard sponge. I'm sure Zaga can post it for us. Armpit at sponge means head at or over rim and something else in ya mouth, lol.
*backboard, not black board, lol
Two guys from the 13th that have some nice hops are Wes Wolfe and Blake smith. They both have a vertical around 35!
I hate to tap this old thread, but there's a boy down in Estill county with a 40 inch+ vertical. He's a sophomore and he doesn't even play on the basketball team. Waste of athleticism is what he is.
Not many 4.3s and not many 40 inch verticals
Graduated
We were camping and a garter snake crawled out from under the tent and my wife had a vertical of 77 inches when she saw it. But she doesn't play high school basketball.
She probably ran a 4.1 getting out of that tent