Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anderson County 65 - Shelby Valley 23
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Corbin is good, but IMO wasnt the best team in the region. They went on a little run and got some breaks, actually some major breaks. IMHO, they were the 4th to 5th best team in the region.

Had Whitley not lost four starters this year, i promise you SV wouldnt have stayed within 20 points of them.

Did you even know that Shelby Valley's best returning player was lost before the season started to an ACL tear? That was a pretty big blow, but the other girls were able to step it up and play well enough to finish as one of the last 8 teams standing. Sometimes you just have to play the hand you're dealt. SV did, Whitley didn't.

As for SV not staying within 20 points of a healthy Whitley, I'm positive that with a healthy Leeza Mullins, SV would be right there with them, and probably would win.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:A healthy Whitley could have competed with Anderson.

Sorry, don't see it. Anderson had the kind of talent you just don't see in the mountains. Even at Whitley County.

A healthy Whitley probably would'nt have gotten beat by 40 points, but then neither would a fully healthy Valley. But both teams still would have lost, Anderson was just too tall and too athletic.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
All i do is win Wrote:I understand where u say I they were fully healty they could have played with Anderson. But what im trying to explain to you is that if they was as good as you say they are. Then they would have won their region regardless of injuries. I honestly don't think you'd be saying that if you had seen Anderson play. They are unreal. They would've beaten Whitley as bad as SV gut. SV didn't play a good game at all and couldn't hit a shot this game. But I'm not making excuses. Even if SV had hit their shots like usual they prob still would've lost by 20. You said whitly didnt have a true center all season. Anderson had about 3 true centers for the mountain area that started and dominated. They were just to big and strong. This is the difference between mountain teams and big city teams. SV or Whitley at their very best couldn't have best Anderson. & btw I forgot to add the fact that bullet east beat Lafayette. SV beat bullet east. Whitley beat Lafyette. You cant judge teams by just 1 game guy. C'mon now, give some credit where credit is due.

You are correct. Anderson's size was incredible. They had at least 4 players that were way taller than anybody SV could run out there. And they weren't slow bigs either, but very athletic. That's why I said I don't think any mountain team would have competed with them.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Anderson has a bunch of guards and one post.
If you call 6' ,6'1, 5'11 ,5'9 and 5'8 a bunch of guards you must have a huge team because Valley 's big girl was only 5'8.
lillianhidgepork Wrote:Anderson has a bunch of guards and one post.

I don't know what schools you've been watching play, but there's not many 5'9-6'1 girls around here. We call those centers.
More Cowbell Wrote:A game like this shows just how much of a gap there is this year, between the top mountain schools and the top teams downstate. I can say with complete confidence that not one team in the 13th-16th regions would be able to stay within 30 points of Anderson Co.

At least Shelby Valley can take solace in the fact that they were the last mountain team standing. Congrats Lady Cats!

The Kittens from Ashland could, they're talented enough to do it!!
All i do is win Wrote:I understand where u say I they were fully healty they could have played with Anderson. But what im trying to explain to you is that if they was as good as you say they are. Then they would have won their region regardless of injuries. I honestly don't think you'd be saying that if you had seen Anderson play. They are unreal. They would've beaten Whitley as bad as SV gut. SV didn't play a good game at all and couldn't hit a shot this game. But I'm not making excuses. Even if SV had hit their shots like usual they prob still would've lost by 20. You said whitly didnt have a true center all season. Anderson had about 3 true centers for the mountain area that started and dominated. They were just to big and strong. This is the difference between mountain teams and big city teams. SV or Whitley at their very best couldn't have best Anderson. & btw I forgot to add the fact that bullet east beat Lafayette. SV beat bullet east. Whitley beat Lafyette. You cant judge teams by just 1 game guy. C'mon now, give some credit where credit is due.

OK, the Anderson girls were good this year...very very good, but lets not start confusing us country folk here in Lawrenceburg/Anderson Co with the "big city", cause believe me we ain't. We might be fairly close to Lexington, Frankfort and to a lesser extent Louisville, but we are as small town as it comes...no big city here.