Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ballard vs Johnson Central(1st round sweet sixteen)
D IT UP Wrote:Biggest point spread in state tourny history

Don Carlo Wrote:Just imagine what the spread would've been with Sheldon Clark there.

Confusederved: :Clap:
Well the game must be played and it will thursday so lets all cheer on the Eagles. As for Don and Pulp lets remember Sheldon Clark and JC were even this year 2 wins and 2 loses and neither game was a blowout so to me both teams are about even. D it Up says he would play both of you one on two and even give you all first ball. Cantrell said D it Up by 28 which would be the biggest point spread
bballfan2 Wrote:Well the game must be played and it will thursday so lets all cheer on the Eagles. As for Don and Pulp lets remember Sheldon Clark and JC were even this year 2 wins and 2 loses and neither game was a blowout so to me both teams are about even. D it Up says he would play both of you one on two and even give you all first ball. Cantrell said D it Up by 28 which would be the biggest point spread

:biglmao: :lmao:
In the famous words of Diamond Dave "The West Virginia Ninja"..... No Says I!
In all seriousness I wonder what the biggest spread ever has been?

Btw my prediction is

Ballard 60 Johnson Central 50
Pulp Fiction Wrote::biglmao: :lmao:
In the famous words of Diamond Dave "The West Virginia Ninja"..... No Says I!

Dont go a ninjain anyone that dont need ninjain pulp.
I about bet the farm that it won't be a 28 point game
2000... JC got beat by Antwan Barber's Elizabethtown (Won the State Title). It was a pretty good game until JC tried to run with E-Town, then it got ugly.

2006... JC got beat by Jeffersontown (Won the State Title). Same story, JC played J-Town close until JC tried to run with J-Town.

2012... JC had John Hardin on the ropes in the 3rd qtr. Then John Hardin went on a big run and pulled away.

JC has slow this game down. Grind it out, make it as low scoring as possible and take high quality shots. I remember in 2002, Shelby Valley played Oldham County, the score was like 14-14 at halftime. The lower the score for both teams, the better chance JC has to win.
Ballard by 17...enjoy the ride JC and fans, there are many who would be thrilled to be in your shoes right now! Congrats on your region championship and good luck against Goliath...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
Good luck to the boys of JC. Be proud of where you are and represent.
I am a JC fan and would not get caught up in this Ballrd hype. I know they are an awesome team and could win it all. I would never go into any game not thinkning I could not win, period. The JC staff should have a game plan on how to handle Ballard and it is up to our kids to implement the plan and plain old play hard and tough.

Players listen to your coach, look Ballard in the eyes, tighten your belt and play your hardest. Leave the floor at Rupp knowing you gave everything. The rest will take care of itself.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:2000... JC got beat by Antwan Barber's Elizabethtown (Won the State Title). It was a pretty good game until JC tried to run with E-Town, then it got ugly.

2006... JC got beat by Jeffersontown (Won the State Title). Same story, JC played J-Town close until JC tried to run with J-Town.

2012... JC had John Hardin on the ropes in the 3rd qtr. Then John Hardin went on a big run and pulled away.

JC has slow this game down. Grind it out, make it as low scoring as possible and take high quality shots. I remember in 2002, Shelby Valley played Oldham County, the score was like 14-14 at halftime. The lower the score for both teams, the better chance JC has to win.

Let's go one step further than that Pulp. Here's how the baseball draws have went.:

2004: Central gets beat by eventual State Champion Christian Co. in the 2nd round

2007: Central gets beat by eventaul State Champion Dunbar in the 1st round.

Then there's football:

2006: Central gets beat by eventual State Champion Cov. Cath

2007-2012...lol......Central gets beat by eventual State Champion FT Highlands.

Talk about the luck of the draw.
Bob Seger Wrote:Let's go one step further than that Pulp. Here's how the baseball draws have went.:

2004: Central gets beat by eventual State Champion Christian Co. in the 2nd round

2007: Central gets beat by eventaul State Champion Dunbar in the 1st round.

Then there's football:

2006: Central gets beat by eventual State Champion Cov. Cath

2007-2012...lol......Central gets beat by eventual State Champion FT Highlands.

Talk about the luck of the draw.

Seger quit working on a night move!!! Haha
Warthog Wrote:Seger quit working on a night move!!! Haha

lol
MonsterMan Wrote:I am a JC fan and would not get caught up in this Ballrd hype. I know they are an awesome team and could win it all. I would never go into any game not thinkning I could not win, period. The JC staff should have a game plan on how to handle Ballard and it is up to our kids to implement the plan and plain old play hard and tough.

Players listen to your coach, look Ballard in the eyes, tighten your belt and play your hardest. Leave the floor at Rupp knowing you gave everything. The rest will take care of itself.

Central has nothing to lose in this game, all they have to do is play like it. All of the pressure is on Ballard.
Congrats to JC on winning the region, and good luck against Ballard!
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:In all seriousness I wonder what the biggest spread ever has been?

Btw my prediction is

Ballard 60 Johnson Central 50
Do you really think it will be close?
Good luck Eagles. Everyone knows that we are the underdog (some want to take a shot at us because of this) but sometimes this can be a good thing. No pressure, most expect us to lose. Play hard and play smart and good things will happen. Win or lose, I am proud to be an Eagle. Regional championships in 2013, 2012, 2006 and 2000. Only Shelby Valley was better during this time. 20+ win seasons in 4 of the last 5 years. Regional tournament appearance in 5 of the last 6 years. Coach McKenzie tends to get critized, however, these 20 win seasons and regional appearances are his resume. In addition, he is the 2nd winningest coach in Eagle history as well as the fastest to 100 wins. Congrats to the players and coaches.
Ballard- 75
JC- 48
Warthog Wrote:I about bet the farm that it won't be a 28 point game

The farm was saved by one point !
THOMCAT Wrote:Good luck Eagles. Everyone knows that we are the underdog (some want to take a shot at us because of this) but sometimes this can be a good thing. No pressure, most expect us to lose. Play hard and play smart and good things will happen. Win or lose, I am proud to be an Eagle. Regional championships in 2013, 2012, 2006 and 2000. Only Shelby Valley was better during this time. 20+ win seasons in 4 of the last 5 years. Regional tournament appearance in 5 of the last 6 years. Coach McKenzie tends to get critized, however, these 20 win seasons and regional appearances are his resume. In addition, he is the 2nd winningest coach in Eagle history as well as the fastest to 100 wins. Congrats to the players and coaches.

THOMCAT, when I played for the legendary Wendall Wallen, even he was smart enough to realize that not every season was not going to be defined with a regional championship. Nobody wanted to win any worse than what he did, but he told us at the beginning of every season what that he expected from us. In order for us to have what he considered a successful season, we were expected to either win a regional championship, or win 20 games while playing a tough and demanding schedule. Anything less than either of those criteria was considered a failure. Needless to say you dont make it to the KHSAA Hall of Fame by not having a bunch of successful seasons.
If you use Dave Cantrall's power ratings the point spread on this game would be JCHS +20 Keep in mind that the most up to date Power ratings I could find online are from JAN. Also the point spread in not a prediction of the final score, it is meant to divide the betting action, if the bookie gets equal action on a game he makes money no matter who wins . IMO I like JCHS +20 in this game. When I saw JC play HC over a Sheldon Clark , they played great half court D and Hall dominated the glass getting every rebound. If JC plays the same type of game they have a decent shot at winning.
Johnson Central did very well considering it was such a David vs Goliath match-up. In the first half I actually thought the eagles could pull it off, but Ballard made some great adjustments to shut Hall down ( who was on fire).

However, I would like to point out some things I saw that maybe the tv did not ( since I was sitting right up front). SPORTSMANSHIP! This was a good clean game of basketball. There was no ugliness, and you could see mutual respect on the floor. Much different than the district tournament and regional tournament games I watched. I think both teams need props for that!