Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tennessee 88 - (25) Kentucky 58
honestjchsfan Wrote:I have defended coach Cal on other theads but today his team was a NO-SHOW and it is his own fault! I still don't understand what he sees in GOODWIN? I have never seen a UK team get called for so many Offensive fouls! CAL put AP on the block and get him the Ball! Keep Kyle Wiltjer in the game even if you have to play ZONE! STOP LOOKING for the Alley-oop play! ALL this pick and roll crap is not working for this team, try some FLEX of something different! I thought Mays was going to be this years Miller???? IMO Mays should come off the bench to provide the calming leardership this team needs! The dribble drive has to have a point guard that can score the ball and this years team lacks a pont guard like that! A smart coach would have knew in December that for this team to have a chance it would have to become a great Zone team! RH, JP, KW, and even Mays have a hard time matching up with defensivly! Harrow is thin and soft, Mays is to short and slow, Wilter is too Slow, JP is a walk-on and Goodwin is to busy throwing up wild shoots to play decent D!

Some players just aren't coachable. You can lead a sheep to the water, but you can't make him drink. It's not Cal's fault if his players don't have the inner will. The players that do just aren't that good.
Real Badman Wrote:Some players just aren't coachable. You can lead a sheep to the water, but you can't make him drink. It's not Cal's fault if his players don't have the inner will. The players that do just aren't that good.
Good post, homie. Dont get me wrong, I dont think Cal is a great coach, but you are exactly right. Some players just cant be motivated or coached. Its not Cal's job to do the passing, shooting, dribbling, etc..Cal's problem is that most everybody on the team could care less about being motivated or playing with emotion. I dont think Ive ever seen a team with so much on the line go into games like they could give a crap. They play lazy, clueless, intimidated, lackadaisical and they do so with no sense of urgency. Cal might deserve some of the blame, but the players have to take their share of responsibility, and on this team their share is a much larger piece of the pie than Cal's.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Polson
Hood
Mays
Wiltjer
Cauley-stein

Starting five for the next game
[quote=PaintsvilleTigerfan]Polson
Hood
Mays
Wiltjer
Cauley-stein

Starting five for the next game[/QUO

That's a ridiculous starting five........and I agree with you 100%. We're in trouble!
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:Polson
Hood
Mays
Wiltjer
Cauley-stein

Confusednicker:

The whiteness is hurting my eyes.

If thats what we have left to compete with, dont call me doom and gloom, call me dead.
IMO, the first person that should be benched is Wiltjer.
As long as Goodwin sits I'm ok with it lol.
^
I dont know what it is about Goodwin, but in all honesty, its almost as if he cant play at all.
At least a few of them play hard Poythress and Goodwin play like they don't care
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:Polson
Hood
Mays
Wiltjer
Cauley-stein

take hood out of there, what i seen, he was awlful..
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Confusednicker:

If thats what we have left to compete with, dont call me doom and gloom, call me dead.

Most people throw AP in with Goodwin because that's what some writer wrote of what Cal said. IMO AP just needs confidence, I don't think he plays selfish and I don't think that he is not trying. Last time I check he was shooting over 60% from the floor. Cal wants him to be MKG but he lacks the ball handling skill that MKG had. Seems to me AP just can't get things going his way. I think he is on Cal's bad side for some reason.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Confusednicker:

if wiltjer stayed on the bench, they lose sevreal games they done won, and if he dont play, they lose the rest because no one else can score..
It's all X's and O's and right now there are no X's, just OHHHHSSSS!
cuppett777 Wrote:if wiltjer stayed on the bench, they lose sevreal games they done won, and if he dont play, they lose the rest because no one else can score..

Wiltjer is the only offense we have.He can't guard me,but he is all we got.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:LOL, I went from everyone wanting to tear me a new one to agreeing with me in a matter of hours. Confusednicker:

Its amazing what one game can do to really help your case.
A 30 point loss to a 13-10 team (that was up 40) will usually do that, lol..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
^
Its funny how things change Confusednicker:
honestjchsfan Wrote:Most people throw AP in with Goodwin because that's what some writer wrote of what Cal said. IMO AP just needs confidence, I don't think he plays selfish and I don't think that he is not trying. Last time I check he was shooting over 60% from the floor. Cal wants him to be MKG but he lacks the ball handling skill that MKG had. Seems to me AP just can't get things going his way. I think he is on Cal's bad side for some reason.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pla...cOFztrFI#!

Maybe the 1:01:20 mark of this video will change your mind about his attitude. His attitude stinks & has all year. He has no emotion, he rolls eyes & doesn't give Cal the respect a player should a coach. Maybe that's why he's in Cal's dog house. Not to mention he's got the physique to dominate most 3's whose smaller than him. He has a body to be a rebounder, he wants nothing of it. Yeah he doesn't have the ball handling skills of MKG but he also doesn't have the want to, drive, or spirit either. But he's got the physique to be a more physical player than MKG but he's not. He doesn't want to dunk it when he's got the opportunity to slam one home & change momentum. He'd rather blow a layup finger roll. Yeah he's shooting 60%, but he's like the rest of our players, none want the ball except Archie Goodwin & he's just careless.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^
I dont know what it is about Goodwin, but in all honesty, its almost as if he cant play at all.

He was probably a superstar at his high school, against watered down competition. So now that he's not a super star, he tries to make game changing plays most of which result in epic fails.
The Blue Blur Wrote:He was probably a superstar at his high school, against watered down competition. So now that he's not a super star, he tries to make game changing plays most of which result in epic fails.

I remember when I was in like 6th grade i used to play like goodwin.. I would try to drive the ball go up, draw a foul and throw up a prayer.. It was pickup ball so if you didn't bleed there was no foul.. and it would frustrate me. That was when I learned to play a little smarter. Drive and pass or shoot the jumper, or learn to jump higher than everyone else. That made a huge difference.

I just said all this because everytime goodwin gets the ball it reminds me of 6th grade P.E. and it hurts my soul to see it.
I'm in love with Tawnya.. hehe..

Tom is not my friend....

if you have any questions send me a p.m.
Real Badman Wrote:Some players just aren't coachable. You can lead a sheep to the water, but you can't make him drink. It's not Cal's fault if his players don't have the inner will. The players that do just aren't that good.

I respectfully disagree. Coach has a fantastic recruiting team and a reputation to match. It's the job of this staff to find kids with the inner will and who are coachable.

I coached basketball for nearly 30 years, and I've run into several kids who were uncooperative and totally uncoachable. Some of those had issues and I really tried to help. This was grade school and middle school level; NOT collegiate level. But even then, those that had no issue other than being stubborn and refusing to listed kept my bench nice and warm.