Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
15th region wide open?
"alfus21" Wrote:Yeah that's all they have is Bentley and Tackett...lol...SV is loaded with talent all across the board...Remember that jealousy is an ugly monster man...No need in feeding it in your hatred towards shelby valley...I see myself quoting you on saying Shelby Valley wont win region though...

No jealousy here pal. I just watched SV play in the all 'A' tournament and they are a lot more vulnerable than a lot of people think, like you. If SC would've stopped P. Tackett they would have ran them out of the gym. They absolutely dogged Bentley and held him to 8 points. Holding him to 8 points is doing something. No one else besides those two stepped up all night when their team needed them most. Maybe if someone else would've stepped up and played then maybe the outcome might have been different. If you stop those 2 you'll beat SV. Enough said.

Right now they are the best team in the 15th. However, any team in the 15th can beat them.
"bevinsville_bomber" Wrote:
"alfus21" Wrote:Yeah that's all they have is Bentley and Tackett...lol...SV is loaded with talent all across the board...Remember that jealousy is an ugly monster man...No need in feeding it in your hatred towards shelby valley...I see myself quoting you on saying Shelby Valley wont win region though...

No jealousy here pal. I just watched SV play in the all 'A' tournament and they are a lot more vulnerable than a lot of people think, like you. If SC would've stopped P. Tackett they would have ran them out of the gym. They absolutely dogged Bentley and held him to 8 points. Holding him to 8 points is doing something. No one else besides those two stepped up all night when their team needed them most. Maybe if someone else would've stepped up and played then maybe the outcome might have been different. If you stop those 2 you'll beat SV. Enough said.

Right now they are the best team in the 15th. However, any team in the 15th can beat them.

Agreed
I have never supported SV, but I'm tired of seeing the All-A brought up. This was the first game SV has lost all year to a 15th region team. And to even say that just because Valley lost in that tournament that they aren't as good as they used to be is just crazy. (not your exact words by the way). They have more than Tackett and Bentley. Obviously this team has more because they are still beating teams that people around here consider regional favorites like East Ridge. If all you've gotta do is stop Tackett and Bentley, then how come people don't do it? And for some reason I'm taking up for Alfus. I must be sick. :lol:
Now back to people saying P-burg won't win it. If you think that ER has a better shot than P-burg then you're crazy. ER isn't that good. P-burg isn't all that great either, but heck all these teams are just about equal this year. It's anybody's championship this year.
"blackcatfan4life" Wrote:I have never supported SV, but I'm tired of seeing the All-A brought up. This was the first game SV has lost all year to a 15th region team. And to even say that just because Valley lost in that tournament that they aren't as good as they used to be is just crazy. (not your exact words by the way). They have more than Tackett and Bentley. Obviously this team has more because they are still beating teams that people around here consider regional favorites like East Ridge. If all you've gotta do is stop Tackett and Bentley, then how come people don't do it? And for some reason I'm taking up for Alfus. I must be sick. :lol:
Now back to people saying P-burg won't win it. If you think that ER has a better shot than P-burg then you're crazy. ER isn't that good. P-burg isn't all that great either, but heck all these teams are just about equal this year. It's anybody's championship this year.

SF has just as good as chance as Pburg and ER
I agree with spxdad. This region is open to almost anyone. The mighty Valley has had past trouble during tourny time, no matter if in Jan or Mar. Just last year lost in 1st round of region to a team that was barely even a 500 club. Valley is a contender but in no way is a clear cut favorite in the 15th. I think SC, SF and Pikeville showed some signs of very good teams in the all a and so I wouldn't count any of those teams out. And I don't know how anyone can not say Pburg is not a contender. They had one of the worst regular seasons in history last year but in the last week of the season and during tourny beat the top 5 teams in the region. Sometimes believe they don't care much about regular season but turn it up in late feb. JC and Paintsville win play together and healthy can win against anyone. Then you look at BL, ER, PC and Belfry also teams that can win big games. Most any team in this region can hit a hot spot and run the table during tourny.
"Showtyme" Wrote:I agree with spxdad. This region is open to almost anyone. The mighty Valley has had past trouble during tourny time, no matter if in Jan or Mar. Just last year lost in 1st round of region to a team that was barely even a 500 club. Valley is a contender but in no way is a clear cut favorite in the 15th. I think SC, SF and Pikeville showed some signs of very good teams in the all a and so I wouldn't count any of those teams out. And I don't know how anyone can not say Pburg is not a contender. They had one of the worst regular seasons in history last year but in the last week of the season and during tourny beat the top 5 teams in the region. Sometimes believe they don't care much about regular season but turn it up in late feb. JC and Paintsville win play together and healthy can win against anyone. Then you look at BL, ER, PC and Belfry also teams that can win big games. Most any team in this region can hit a hot spot and run the table during tourny.

Thats a great post and I agree with you a 100%
"Basketballer" Wrote:
"blackcatfan4life" Wrote:I have never supported SV, but I'm tired of seeing the All-A brought up. This was the first game SV has lost all year to a 15th region team. And to even say that just because Valley lost in that tournament that they aren't as good as they used to be is just crazy. (not your exact words by the way). They have more than Tackett and Bentley. Obviously this team has more because they are still beating teams that people around here consider regional favorites like East Ridge. If all you've gotta do is stop Tackett and Bentley, then how come people don't do it? And for some reason I'm taking up for Alfus. I must be sick. :lol:

Yes they do BB. That's what I'm saying. The way this region has been this year, you can't judge a team by what has happened throughout the year. It's anybodys championship.
"blackcatfan4life" Wrote:
"Basketballer" Wrote:
lol...Gotcha . you going to the games this weekend?

Yes they do BB. That's what I'm saying. The way this region has been this year, you can't judge a team by what has happened throughout the year. It's anybodys championship.
wait wait back to where somebody said valley only had bentley and tackett. What about Friend, all county player the past 2 years. What about Riddle? District Tournment MVP last year.
Notice how you are writing about the past. What have they done this year? Riddle has had a few decent games but nothing to brag about. Friend on the otherhand has done nothing special. Where is their play this year? I just don't see them making a regional sweep this year. They have no 'true' point guard and will hurt them in tournament play.

Some of you all can think it all you want to, but don't be surprised to see a different outcome than Valley becoming regional champs.

BCF4L, I mentioned the all 'A' tourney because everyone just knew they had it in the bag. Everyone thought SV was going to sweep in the tournament and they ended up getting knocked out by SC in the 2nd round. They handed SV their first region loss, but all I'm saying is that Valley isn't as good as they're cracked up to be. Some of you all think they are state champs and can't be beat.
"bevinsville_bomber" Wrote:Some of you all think they are state champs and can't be beat.

Hahah...At least the people who think that are talking about a 18-4 team instead of a 12-13 team....Not that anybody thinks Shelby Valley are state champs....

But to say 12-13 South Floyd is even top 3 is the most ridiculous thing ever...
I tihnk Valley is still the front runner.
But i think ER, Belfry, and SF will give em a run for their money. Ecspecially East Ridge and Belfry, who both seem to always make Valley make mistakes with their pressure. I still think Valley will being going to Rupp.
"alfus21" Wrote:
"bevinsville_bomber" Wrote:Some of you all think they are state champs and can't be beat.

Hahah...At least the people who think that are talking about a 18-4 team instead of a 12-13 team....Not that anybody thinks Shelby Valley are state champs....

But to say 12-13 South Floyd is even top 3 is the most ridiculous thing ever...
I'm lookin' at a tin star with a... drunk pinned on it.

Just one question, what was SC record when they beat Valley?
according to the KHSAA they were 5 and 10.

Just an Observation!!!!
Very good observation Doc. And alfus made some silly comment about SF getting beat by Magoffin Co.
Valley is the number one team right now but good chance that it can change but to me they will need to lose to another low ranked team b-4 they budge from that #1 spot. They do have comeptiton by JC, ER, PC, Belfry mayb SF but i just dont c this team losing at home but that can change every team is Vonerable right now but Valley is #1 as of now.

and another thing Valley doesnt like a physical game something that SF is known for so if Valley does get stuck playing Valley at some point that could b the X FACTOR.
Quote:Valley does get stuck playing Valley

if valley does get stuck playing SF
"Showtyme" Wrote:Very good observation Doc. And alfus made some silly comment about SF getting beat by Magoffin Co.

Its all wide open.
I dont really have a dog in the fight, if I did it would be nipping at the heel's of a madcap.

I actually think all this posturing is childish.

Things shall be settled come T time, lets just hope everyones team plays at their very best.

any DOG can have it's day, but the that catchs his tail will be BUSY!!!
BCF4L, c'mon. East Ridge is good and they do have as good as a shot as P-Burg.
I think the 15th is wide open. Valley is the fav. on paper, but the past couple years they tend to choke up come tourney time. PC has played them twice this year and lost both times, but the score was pretty close. SC beat Valley this year, but hasn't done a whole lot with the rest of the season. SF won the all "a" or whatever, and seems to be playing good ball. ER, well I don't know much about them this year. Same with Paintsville, JC, BL, and all the other teams. But then you got Belfry who is playing some good ball right now.

All in all, rankings are just numbers you see on paper to help you feel better or worse about your team IMO. But when any of these teams matchup around tourney time, you can expect "upsets" or anything else. This region is too competitive to determine one team the better team. Even though Valley has the best record, and SF won the all A. Both of these teams could get beat out in the first round, by say ER, and Belfry.

Anything can happen. I know I wouldn't lay money down on any certain team in this region.
"Showtyme" Wrote:Very good observation Doc. And alfus made some silly comment about SF getting beat by Magoffin Co.

Sheldon Clark - 6-13 and 4-5 in the region...

Magoffin County - 2-18, and their only region win is over South Floyd....Magoffins only other win was against Jenkins...

Silly comment..I dont think so..
It appears that the region to me is going to be a good one and the fact remains that a few of the teams that are being mentioned may not even get there. I have found that over a period of time that if teams do not have dominant type players like the Todd May, J.R. VanHoose type they are not locks to win it all. I haven't seen that type of player this season in the 15th. Shelby Valley has the best record as of now and would be difficult for teams to beat but they can be beat. Sheldon Clark even though they may not have an outstanding record is still dangerous and they did prove that in the All A. Belfry,ER,PC,P-Burg,SF,BL,JC, and Paintsville if they get healthy all have legitimate shots at winning the title. This is a proven fact and not just talk as the All A Tournament showed. If a team starts playing well over the next week or two the records from December and January may as well be thrown out. It could be a Renaissance for many of the teams. That is what is so special about the 15th Region Tournament and the way the fans turn out to watch it they seem to agree. I hope that South Floyd continues to remember and not forget that Magoffin County beat them earlier in the year and that is exactly what the Hornets did without any help from anyone, beat them. I also hope they remember that a couple of weeks ago they won the All A without the help of anyone. They can be beaten by anyone or they can beat anyone. With that in mind it should show that each and every night a team had best bring it's A game or the later days of March become quite long.
i was always told that when you start the districts or regional tourneys, your record was thrown out... what you did in the past is history, one loss and your season is over... and teams generally either fall apart in tourneys or pull together. the team that pulls together the most will be the one on top. it takes more than just talented players to make a team.... just something to think about
Sorry 4leaf. I just let my emotions carry me away. But one thing you gotta remember is that ER is winless against P-burg in it's history as a school. Just an observation. :wink: :lol:
This late in the season and there is no clear cut favorite in the 15th region.
My final four for the 15th

1.S.V.
2.E.R.
3.J.C.
4.P.C.
BCF4L.
Please don't think that I have forgot about that stat lol
ER rules BCF4L sucks, just thought I'd throw that in there haha
You know Im just kidding.....not really....Im just joking....OK Im serious...no Im really just playin...
LOL :wink:
Someone brought up that P-burg was beaten by Sheldon Clark earlier in the year and then PC beat SC by 17 or something, lets not forget at these times Prestonsburg was playing their worst ball of the year and Pike Central was rolling... also I believe PC's win against SC was at PC, Pburg's loss to SC was at SC on a last second shot I do believe.
Final four- Belfry, P'burg, Shelby Valley, Johnson Central
I feel that the region is wide open for about the top 7 teams casue any of those teams could beat anybody on any given night.