Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perry Central District
Brother Cecil Wrote:IMO Perry superintendent should make it a policy of the Perry school district that all Perry schools support seeding.That way Buckhorn would have to vote for it and with them Perry and Hazard they would have the votes to get the seeding. The girls at Buckhorn already seed why should the boys not. Makes no sense. In the long run benefits everyone. Hurts the 54th because they do not always send their best teams to the regional. Also hurts attendance in the regional costing all the participating schools revenue in a time when budgets are severely strapped everywhere because of the loss of coal jobs.

Peace be among us.

Brother Cecil.

It makes perfect sense.
The only way Buckhorn and Leslie have a chance at making it to region every year is to keep voting for the draw.

Doesnt make it right. This is where the governing body of the KHSAA, (coaches and AD's) need to make seeding mandatory for all districts.
UKSDG Wrote:Why would you seed when the teams in the district will not play each other?

This is another thing.
If Hazard and Perry want to see seeding so bad, they'll have to agree to play each other twice a year. We have cops for a reason. Play the game. So what if crazy stuff happens, that makes the rivalry that much more intense.
If the teams voted tossed then they would play each other twice a year. A days far as money, look at the region last year when perry central was not in it. That region made the least money as any region in the last ten years. And if I was buckhorn or Leslie county then what's the pointing luckily making it to the region when you have no chance of winning it. I would rather vote to seed and when I had a good team(like buckhorn did last year) I wouldn't have to worry about drawing one of the best teams in the district and I would have a lot better chance of making the region. And if for example that Hazard and Perry play later in the finals of the district then who ever hosts the tournament would make a lot more money and that means everybody makes more money. Like when they played in the wymt tournament and it was the only sale out in wymt history.
If the teams voted to seed Is what it was suppose to say
Teams do not HAVE to p,ay in regular season for seeding to be an option. None of the girls teams play during regular season, and they seed, based on published ratings. Seems to work just fine.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:This is another thing.
If Hazard and Perry want to see seeding so bad, they'll have to agree to play each other twice a year. We have cops for a reason. Play the game. So what if crazy stuff happens, that makes the rivalry that much more intense.

Hazard and Perry both have said that if everyone votes to seed everyone will play twice... I have been at the draws before and it comes up every year...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
They will keep drawing!
Because it is great to see the best two teams have to play each other first game. The fight is on because they know if they lose the season is over! Its not entertaining to watch them play in the district finals. Because if they lose they are still in the regional tournament!!!
IMO, the greatest high school basketball game i have ever witnessed was a first round Hazard vs Perry 54th district game. the fan in me says, as long as I get games like that then I will support whatever the teams decide to do. I will be happy if they seed, and i am happy right now while the draw. I have witnessed Perry vs Hazard championship games and 1st round games and call me crazy i have liked the 1st round games better. The win or go home mentality that the teams have make it a 10x better game. Nothing better as a PCC fan growing up seeing the Commodores end the Bulldogs season.
Didn't Justin Hicks stick a dagger in the hearts of PCC fans?
Daniel Combs with the dagger in 04 is the game I am talking about.
2004 Perry vs Hazard was essentially the regional final in the first round of district. (Yes Breathitt had a good team that year too, but PCC and Hazard were better.)
hitter Wrote:If the teams voted tossed then they would play each other twice a year. A days far as money, look at the region last year when perry central was not in it. That region made the least money as any region in the last ten years. And if I was buckhorn or Leslie county then what's the pointing luckily making it to the region when you have no chance of winning it. I would rather vote to seed and when I had a good team(like buckhorn did last year) I wouldn't have to worry about drawing one of the best teams in the district and I would have a lot better chance of making the region. And if for example that Hazard and Perry play later in the finals of the district then who ever hosts the tournament would make a lot more money and that means everybody makes more money. Like when they played in the wymt tournament and it was the only sale out in wymt history.

Are you talking about the 14TH Regional Tournament 2012. Some of the biggest crowds I've ever seen for the tournament.
geauxtigers75 Wrote:2004 Perry vs Hazard was essentially the regional final in the first round of district. (Yes Breathitt had a good team that year too, but PCC and Hazard were better.)

If I recall PCC was down @ PCC by double digits entering the fourth.