Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rockcastle County 2013
PreacherVol71 Wrote:You guys have a great tradition and I expect you to get things headed in the right direction this year.

I've got my fingers crossed.....I just hope we can compete in games. Like I said earlier, 30+ point blowouts are the pits. However it shakes out this season, it will be my son's last year. He will probably move onto college ball next fall depending on where he is accepted, so, it won't be the end of it for us. We'll cheer 'em all on and watch him closely during games.
PreacherVol71 Wrote:I have expressed all along that I felt like our schedule had hurt us in preparation for the playoffs. We have yet to prove that we can beat any of the traditional powerhouses in 4A. My response which you quoted was in response to a comment from someone who continues to talk about our cupcake schedule and yet has never beat us. Chances are my son will walk off the football field for the last time sometime late this fall. When he does he will be part of the winningest class to ever come through our county. They could also leave as three time district champs. No, he will not leave with four rings like some Highland players but he will have made memories and learned lessons that will last a lifetime. We will play our schedule and yet again try to make a run in the playoffs. If our boys keep working hard and leave it all on the field...I will be just fine with that. I apologize to the Rock fans for these post on your thread! You guys have a great tradition and I expect you to get things headed in the right direction this year.
I do not no how you think that you could win three district titles because you only have one right now,and i do thin rock could surprise some teams this year there is 9 senoirs on this team and i know they dont want to go out with out a fight.
blackshirt D Wrote:I do not no how you think that you could win three district titles because you only have one right now,and i do thin rock could surprise some teams this year there is 9 senoirs on this team and i know they dont want to go out with out a fight.

Although we did not hang up a banner for a district championship two years ago it was actually a three way tie for the title even though Rock got the #1 seed through the tie breaker.
blackshirt D Wrote:I do not no how you think that you could win three district titles because you only have one right now,and i do thin rock could surprise some teams this year there is 9 senoirs on this team and i know they dont want to go out with out a fight.

I will go further than that, I wouldn't be suprised if Russell Co ends up last in the district this year. Clay and Rock will both be better than last year, and I don't see Russell Co. being better than last year. You lost your whole offensive production (Britt and the QB). You also lost a big chunk of your defense (the best players anyway). Russell may surprise me, but they may also get surprised. This may be the best chance for Knox to win the district--but I said that last year too. Gotta love Friday nights. Go ROCK.
^^
"Big chunk of your defense ( the best players anyway)"

BEST DEFENSIVE LINEMAN AWARD........BACK
OUTSTANDING LINEBACKER AWARD.....BACK
DEFENSIVE BACK AWARD........................BACK
DEFENSIVE MVP.......................................BACK

RETURNING DEFENSIVE PLAYERS ACCOUNTED FOR 25 TAKEAWAYS LAST YEAR

With new offensive coordinator the offense might take a few weeks to gel. But you can count on the Laker defense to be just as strong if not stronger.
PreacherVol71 Wrote:^^
"Big chunk of your defense ( the best players anyway)"

BEST DEFENSIVE LINEMAN AWARD........BACK
OUTSTANDING LINEBACKER AWARD.....BACK
DEFENSIVE BACK AWARD........................BACK
DEFENSIVE MVP.......................................BACK

RETURNING DEFENSIVE PLAYERS ACCOUNTED FOR 25 TAKEAWAYS LAST YEAR

With new offensive coordinator the offense might take a few weeks to gel. But you can count on the Laker defense to be just as strong if not stronger.

I didn't mean to hurt your feelings, I just don't think Russell Co could possibly be as good next year. I think I am still entitled to my opinion, and when you lose players like Britt and Mann on offense, they are hard to replace. They may have been some of the best players ever at Russell Co IMO. Then you lost the McFarland kid and the Whittle kid on defense (as well as Mann) and several other linemen who played really well. I won't even ask how you will replace Williams who had one of the best legs I have ever seen. I just don't see RC being as good as last year. You do have one thing on your side, it seems the district is all weak or rebuilding from heavy talent losses, but don't be surprised if one of the other teams in district is a surprise team this year. You never know until the balls start flying how the season will go. Go Rock!!
Trust me my feelings are not hurt! Everyone is entitled to their opinion and I love being part of the BGR community where I can share mine and read others even when they don't agree with me.
Williams and Britt are irreplacable. Williams gave Russell County the same advantage that the kicker for Bell County did a few years ago. Field positition is HUGE in football.
didnt practice start this week. what kind of numbers have shown up as of now
I'm not sure about the numbers. I've not been down yet to watch where I've been working every day but Sundays. There was a linemen camp being held late last week as well that I missed out on as well.
29 days till gameday
any one know who, when and where the scrimmage game will be.
ROCKSOLID69 Wrote:any one know who, when and where the scrimmage game will be.

Will they still scrimmage at camp and when do they go?
^
Lets face it. All teams "scrimmage" at camp.

I see nothing wrong with it.
Info I got was they scrimmage at Southwestern Friday, August 16th. I don't know the time yet.
i would say it would be around normal game time 7 or 730
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^

I agree but it is against the rules for different reasons, it is an unfair advantage to schools that don't go to camp as opposed to those who do go and get more game situation stuff in.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^

Very few teams break the scrimmage rule anymore. Unless you are at some far off field in Jackson Co, Knox Co or some other place its hard to get by with it. Even at that kids will post on web boards, twitter, facebook. Parents or fans will talk and post video. If this happens then the SCHEDULED scrimmage will become the illegal one. There is really no way to go to the Gtown, EKU,and multiple team camps and get extra scrimmages in.
Also things coaches have to worry about is if a player get injured during an illegal scrimmage it could easily be the end for that coach.
I know it happens but no where near like it was 15-20.
^
I would have to agree with you.. Don't happen near as much as it once did.. Think the coaches came to realize that it wasn't worth getting caught... But I can remember that some of them at camp was really fun to watch, but its been years since I have seen that. Now all they do is beat the crap out of themselves, not as much fun to watch but still is fun though.
The Rock boys are at camp now. There shouldn't be to many accusations against them for scrimmaging another team while they are down there. From what I understand, they are the ONLY team down there this evening, tommorow and maybe the next day. They are just practicing against themselves all day.
2013 Football Preview: Rockcastle County
ROCKCASTLE COUNTY, Ky (WYMT) - The Rockcastle County Rockets are coming off a 2-9 season last year finishing 4th in Class 4A district 6.

Head coach Scott Parkey is in his 5th year with the rockets and says last season was disappointing for the team, but they never quit..

"We want to improve the main this is as long as were improving from now all the way through the playoffs as far as we go it doesn't really matter. We obviously want to win a state championship but at the same time we want to continuously steadily improve each week," said Coach Parkey.

Senior Quarterback Corey McPhetridge agrees with coach and stresses the importance of encouraging their batch of young guys coming in this year.

"We have a lot of young guys that are going to step up for us this year and probably play a lot. It's important for them if they mess up or doing anything wrong, just to encourage them because they don't have a lot of experience. We're going to have some older guys who don't have a lot of experience either, that are going to have big roles this year and it's important to encourage them with the adversity does come," said McPhetridge.

Senior running back and linebacker Brandon Jones acknowledged last years struggles, but said it won't hold the team back, if anything it will serve as motivation to be better.

"I think this season were going to be a lot more focused on winning a lot more mature about whatever we don't do, what we feel like we need to do. more focused team," said Jones.

Back in 2011 Rockcastle County won the district. This season they are motivated to get back to the basics to bring some W's to the team and of course bring home a district championship.
footballfever Wrote:Very few teams break the scrimmage rule anymore. Unless you are at some far off field in Jackson Co, Knox Co or some other place its hard to get by with it. Even at that kids will post on web boards, twitter, facebook. Parents or fans will talk and post video. If this happens then the SCHEDULED scrimmage will become the illegal one. There is really no way to go to the Gtown, EKU,and multiple team camps and get extra scrimmages in.
Also things coaches have to worry about is if a player get injured during an illegal scrimmage it could easily be the end for that coach.
I know it happens but no where near like it was 15-20.

When we use to head to the Gtown camp, every team there would scrimmage 2-3 teams. Id imagine it still goes on, just secretly.

Teams that are far out get even more than that out of it im sure.
I know a team that went out of state to scrimmage another team, and nobody knew they were going until they got to the school for practice that day.
Everyone was told to keep quiet and they did. No problems, just football.
It was a team thats within an hour of Corbin.

I agree though, it doesnt happen like it use to.
Im surprised we didnt get busted more often when i was in school.
A lot of teams had played a full season in the preseason lol.
Rock looked ok in there scrimmages tonight at Southwestern
What was the score or did they even keep one???
It was a three way scrimmage between Southwestern, Rockcastle and Casey Co. They didn't keep score. Ten plays for each team on offense with another defending. IMO Rockcastle looked better early, Southwestern looked better later and Casey had some bright spots as well. Rockcastle played a lot of no varsity experience kids last night.
^
Thanks