Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perry Central 68 - Knott Central 62
Pete Jones Wrote:What a great game. Perry played a great game and knott central played a horrible game. It was only in the fourth quarter that we all got to see the real knott county team. Perry should have won by 20 points. If they played ten times knott would win 8. But, tonight perry got the best of the patriots. They played a wonderful game.

I don't think no has mentioned PCC's 1-2-2 zone that was very effective in addition to the man to man. Good defense will take a team out of their offense and make them look uncharacteristically bad. Yes Justice caught fire but I agree with some of the other posters that Pray's fatigue was a factor. I do think these two teams are 1 and 2 and Hazard close behind with a healthy Hollan. You should remember that Cornett was sidelined most of the game with foul trouble so PCC was not at full strength most of the game. But what I do not understand is how you could justify saying KCC would win 8 out 10 games based on the evidence that they just lost the first and was almost blown out. To me you sound like a sore loser who has become accustomed to getting all the breaks, refs, and home court advantage. Well too bad the region is at LCC and no 15th region officials so if they do beat PCC at least they will have to actually earn it. I think I would be more justified in saying I think PCC would beat them 6 out 10.
Very exciting game to watch. The best five dollars i have spent in a while. this wymt tourney was great. contained several great teams. The most indivual talent ever in the wymt. Several highlight reel dunks and plays. Congrats to the dores. kind of bad showing for the hazard bulldogs. they need the hollan kid back. I learned one thing that on any given night That perry, knott , and hazard if hollan comes back and stays healthy. Can beat each other. If it is a fairly officiated called game. Am really looking forward to post-season play. especially the region cause it will be at neutral site with out of region officials. i am hopin perry and hazard dont draw first game of the district. because if they draw will really hurt the 14th region tourney. TURN YOUR FROWN UPSIDE DOWN CAUSE SMILEY'S COME TO TOWN!!!!!!!!!!
zaga_fan Wrote:Yeah...
There was a lot of talk that KCC was really deep this year when the season started - but I've watched them play five times now and I've only seen them go to Shrum and Williams off of the bench in meaningful minutes.

They normally go 7 deep with Shrum and Little, they do play Williams but not nearly as much as the other two.
Downtown10 Wrote:They normally go 7 deep with Shrum and Little, they do play Williams but not nearly as much as the other two.

Is Little the big guy?
#52 or #54 maybe

If so, I can remember him seeing the floor in the Hazard game when the bigs fouled out....
but I don't remember him getting any big minutes in any of the other games I've seen.
^ yeah 52. He's a nice player just not as athletic as the other bigs.
Justice is a beast but lil Beverly for pcc isnt far behind. The lil guy can play with anyone and it's nice to see him putting a lil muscle on too. He is going to be tough for years to come.
Hands down justice is the best player in the region. If these two teams play 10 games and each gets to play 5 games at their home court they would splt. I give credit to pray playing Justice hard but I thought Justice did not force things untill he seen that he needed to and when he did I dont think anybody could have stop him in the 14th region. When he wants to take over a game he can at any time.
jacobcody2 Wrote:Hands down justice is the best player in the region. If these two teams play 10 games and each gets to play 5 games at their home court they would splt. I give credit to pray playing Justice hard but I thought Justice did not force things untill he seen that he needed to and when he did I dont think anybody could have stop him in the 14th region. When he wants to take over a game he can at any time.

Now now jc2, dont you be givin Justice credit. If Pray wouldnt have got tired Justice wouldnt have scored a single point. Justice is an average player at best, definitely not varsity material.
It's funny you talk about how much home court advantage helps a team since the mountain classic was played on Perry's home floor. Haha. Yes knott should have gotten blown out but they didn't. They came back 18 points and should've won. It doesn't say much about a team to blow a lead that big. Phrey is a great player and played great defense, but to say he shut justice down when he had 32 points is comical. I guess every team justice has played this year plays great defense also. I'm still gonna stick with my opinion that knott would win 8 out of 10. Perry won the first. You are right. So they have one more to win and knott can take the other 8. But I will say perry is a good team and they try real hard. No shame in that.
Pete Jones Wrote:It's funny you talk about how much home court advantage helps a team since the mountain classic was played on Perry's home floor. Haha. Yes knott should have gotten blown out but they didn't. They came back 18 points and should've won. It doesn't say much about a team to blow a lead that big. Phrey is a great player and played great defense, but to say he shut justice down when he had 32 points is comical. I guess every team justice has played this year plays great defense also. I'm still gonna stick with my opinion that knott would win 8 out of 10. Perry won the first. You are right. So they have one more to win and knott can take the other 8. But I will say perry is a good team and they try real hard. No shame in that.

It doesn't say much about the other team to be down that much...
zaga_fan Wrote:It doesn't say much about the other team to be down that much...

Ahh boys..

Sorry Zaga, had to.
Downtown10 Wrote:Now now jc2, dont you be givin Justice credit. If Pray wouldnt have got tired Justice wouldnt have scored a single point. Justice is an average player at best, definitely not varsity material.

No one with any sense thinks that Justice is an average player.
He is the real deal.

But I don't think anyone with any sense believes that Austin was at 100%

He played QB and WR in a football game that morning and when everyone else had an opportunity to rest this week...
he was driving to Williamsburg and having football practice.

We'll see them both at full-strength later this year.
Stlcardsfan Wrote:Ahh boys..

Sorry Zaga, had to.

It happens

We've just got too many people on here that only drive one way on two-way streets.

Neither of these teams are overrated. They've both done nothing but live up to the hype.
Perry is better than Knott. If the role players from Perry can become more consistent then they can compete with nearly anybody in the state. Knott has to rely on Justice too much to score and doesn't have much depth.
zaga_fan Wrote:It doesn't say much about the other team to be down that much...

Yeah that kinda is a two way street...
zaga_fan Wrote:No one with any sense thinks that Justice is an average player.
He is the real deal.

But I don't think anyone with any sense believes that Austin was at 100%

He played QB and WR in a football game that morning and when everyone else had an opportunity to rest this week...
he was driving to Williamsburg and having football practice.

We'll see them both at full-strength later this year.

I dont believe anyone with any sense can say that Pray put lock down defense on Justice for 3 1/2 quarters and then all of a sudden got tired. As long as Justice had 12 points it was all Pray but then he goes off for 20 and all of a sudden "well Pray got tired those last 3 mins and let Justice score." The only way the defense could have gotten closer was to hug him and he was still knockin em down. I'm not doubtin that Pray was tired but to insinuate that being the reason Justice did what he did is crazy.
Pete Jones Wrote:It's funny you talk about how much home court advantage helps a team since the mountain classic was played on Perry's home floor. Haha. Yes knott should have gotten blown out but they didn't. They came back 18 points and should've won. It doesn't say much about a team to blow a lead that big. Phrey is a great player and played great defense, but to say he shut justice down when he had 32 points is comical. I guess every team justice has played this year plays great defense also. I'm still gonna stick with my opinion that knott would win 8 out of 10. Perry won the first. You are right. So they have one more to win and knott can take the other 8. But I will say perry is a good team and they try real hard. No shame in that.
I think Perry would be happy with the one they have won and the other would be the finals of the region. You can have the other eight. Oh by the way I don't think this crop of Patriots Justice, Hall, Cornett, etc have ever beaten Perry. Just saying. Before you get to eight out of ten you have to get the first. Peace be among us. Brother Cecil.
EKYBubbaWatson Wrote:Perry is better than Knott. If the role players from Perry can become more consistent then they can compete with nearly anybody in the state. Knott has to rely on Justice too much to score and doesn't have much depth.

I agree Justice is an excellent player. But with Perry's size inside it pretty much neutralizes Evan Hall. Perry is a bad match-up for him. If you notice how the WYMT played out Beverly was a constant threat but Perry's big boys took time about having a good game. Also on the role players the Hill kid will be back soon.
He and the Stacy kid were a significant part of Perry's early season success with
their shooting. Knott relies heavily on Justice. Perry plays Breathitt tonite 1/15/13. I hope they don't let-up. On Thursday they travel to Scott CO. and play in the Toyota Classic. Their first game is with Lex Lafayette. No let-up in their schedule. Good luck. Knott , Hazard, Cordia , Buckhorn, and several other good teams all compete in the All A Classic. It's going to be fun. Peace be among us. Brother Cecil.
Downtown10 Wrote:I dont believe anyone with any sense can say that Pray put lock down defense on Justice for 3 1/2 quarters and then all of a sudden got tired. As long as Justice had 12 points it was all Pray but then he goes off for 20 and all of a sudden "well Pray got tired those last 3 mins and let Justice score." The only way the defense could have gotten closer was to hug him and he was still knockin em down. I'm not doubtin that Pray was tired but to insinuate that being the reason Justice did what he did is crazy.

Justice earned every point and no one is saying that he didn't.
People are just saying that Austin got tired and I can see why they're saying that.

But believe me - there was A LOT more that could have been done defensively.
They had a hand in Justice's face but how about never letting him touch the ball? How about not letting him get a shot off to begin with?
I am so glad to the see patriot faithful back on here posting. There is one thing you can count on is the knott co fans eithier running their mouth. or in this cae trying to save face. they get on here hollerin knott would win 8 out of 10 matchups with perry. That is a quote of a loser. perry won a great ballgame so suck it up
^^ I'd bet the farm that if Knott was down 18 in the first quarter and Justice wanted to take over the game he would. When Justice wants to score your not gonna deny him unless you put multiple defenders on him. If Justice was a selfish player I think we all would see this more often.
SmileyTown Wrote:I am so glad to the see patriot faithful back on here posting. There is one thing you can count on is the knott co fans eithier running their mouth. or in this cae trying to save face. they get on here hollerin knott would win 8 out of 10 matchups with perry. That is a quote of a loser. perry won a great ballgame so suck it up

c'mon man. If your gonna troll, pick up your game. :lame:

I think we all agree that the Cardinals won the ballgame...
When a player like justice goes off offensively like he did and he still goes away with a lose shows how good of a team PCC is. If you can shut the guy down there is no doubt you will get the win if you are a talented team. Haven't seen clutch like he did since Tate Cox was clutch in 14th championship just a few years ago.
Downtown10 Wrote:^^ I'd bet the farm that if Knott was down 18 in the first quarter and Justice wanted to take over the game he would. When Justice wants to score your not gonna deny him unless you put multiple defenders on him. If Justice was a selfish player I think we all would see this more often.

I ain't got a farm to bet so I can't take you up on that offer.

I'm not clairvoyant so I can't tell you for sure what would happen if these teams played ten times or what happens if Justice decides he wants to take over a game early...

The only thing I can tell you is that he waited too late to go off on Saturday and that they lost.
zaga_fan Wrote:I ain't got a farm to bet so I can't take you up on that offer.

I'm not clairvoyant so I can't tell you for sure what would happen if these teams played ten times or what happens if Justice decides he wants to take over a game early...

The only thing I can tell you is that he waited too late to go off on Saturday and that they lost.

that's a fact, in big games you must play for 4 quarters, especially when you are considered the best player in the 14th on possibly the best team in 14th.
Downtown10 Wrote:c'mon man. If your gonna troll, pick up your game. :lame:

That is like saying the Cougars or Warriors, which ever you prefer, scored 62 in Lexington and had a good 4th quarter in the game the other night. :igiveup: Can't complain if everyone is doing the same thing. :igiveup:
Downtown10 Wrote:c'mon man. If your gonna troll, pick up your game. :lame:

:Sad04: IT HAS LITERALLY BEGAN TO FALL APART IN KNOTT CO. FELL OUT OF THE CANTRALL RANKINGS. FELL OUT THE TOP SPOT IN THE MOUNTAIN TOP 10. OH I FORGOT ONE POSITIVE THING FOR PATRIOT FAITHFUL. YOU GUYS WERE THE RUNNER-UP IN THE WYMT THIS YEAR. BUT THE LAST TIME I CHECKED THE RUNNER-UP IS ALSO CALLED THE FIRST LOSER
:lame:
Knott central did mess up. It dont say much about them thinking they could come back from 18 down in 3 minutes. They knew they could take it easy on a team like perry for 3 1/2 quarters and still come back. They should've just started their come back about a minute earlier. That's where they messed up. Knott should've known it would of taken them 4 minutes to come back and win rather than waiting 3 mins to start their run. Next time knott will know better. We learn from our mistakes. Peace be among us.
Can the game be watched again anywhere? Sounds like a thriller
I really dont think anyone in their right mind is trying to question how good Cam is or how good KCC is!!!! The thing is KCC lost to a team that was better on this night!!!! Give credit where credit is do. PCC is the better team right now. All I hear is if this and if that!!! If ur grandma had nuts she wouldnt been ur grandpa!!!!