Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top middle school teams and players for 06-07
NYY10 Wrote:The only one that has been held back is Ashley Hatfield from Virgie and he is 15

He ACTUALLY is from Phelps BUT travels to Virgie to go to school....
phs1986 Wrote:He ACTUALLY is from Phelps BUT travels to Virgie to go to school....

Yea so he is from Virgie,I mean he plays there lol
YEP!! Your right!!!
phs1986 Wrote:YEP!! Your right!!!
:Thumbs:
Ya liked that one huh??? LOLOL......
phs1986 Wrote:Ya liked that one huh??? LOLOL......

What lol
This kid LIVES in Phelps, was born and raised there up until a few years ago... his parents travel with him... I personally don't have a problem with it because the parents are doing what they feel is best for their child! Amen to anyone who wants the best for their kid!!!
Teams

1. Pikeville
2. Virgie
3. Dorton
4. Elkhorn City
5. Belfry

Players- Don't know names but Pikeville had 3 super talented 7th graders, as did Virgie, Doron and Elkhorn.
Betsy Layne will be good. They return everybody.
Paintsville should have a pretty good 8th grade squad (with a couple of 7th graders throwed in that mix). Seeing that they only had 2 losses last year at the 7th grade level. Both coming at the hands of Pikeville though. Pikeville should be really good this year. JCMS should have a pretty good group as well.
phs1986 Wrote:This kid LIVES in Phelps, was born and raised there up until a few years ago... his parents travel with him... I personally don't have a problem with it because the parents are doing what they feel is best for their child! Amen to anyone who wants the best for their kid!!!
Yea and is really good in basketball and also football
I just wonder if all those all star middle school players were still going to Valley. Didnt most of them say if Booher was still there they would go somewhere else? A few of them even said that their dads or old coaches didnt want them to play for him. So what is up with that?
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
My list earlier was from Pike County, but from the EKY area from what I saw last year-

1- Johnson Central
2- Pikeville
3- SMS
4- Robinson Creek
5- Virgie
6- Warfield
7- Dorton
8- Elkhorn City
9- Belfry
10- Paintsville
NYY10 Wrote:Yea and is really good in basketball and also football

I agree! :Thumbs:
I think chris hall from allen central will be a good palyer
phs1986 Wrote:I agree! :Thumbs:
yea im pretty sure he would be good in any other sport he trys to play at lol
South Floyd's Brandon Marson will be a stand out player next year I look for him to put up some good numbers.
Homer Simpson Wrote:I think chris hall from allen central will be a good palyer

I think you mean Chris Stumbo.
NYY10 Wrote:yea im pretty sure he would be good in any other sport he trys to play at lol

I personally have experience watching him play baseball... he played on the same team as my child during his little league years.... He is a good kid.... and I love his parents to death..... they are good people!!!
phs1986 Wrote:I personally have experience watching him play baseball... he played on the same team as my child during his little league years.... He is a good kid.... and I love his parents to death..... they are good people!!!

Yea,he looks exactley like his dad 2 lol
Yep... he sure does!!!
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:I just wonder if all those all star middle school players were still going to Valley. Didnt most of them say if Booher was still there they would go somewhere else? A few of them even said that their dads or old coaches didnt want them to play for him. So what is up with that?
You should have seen them play in Georgetown this week. 3 incoming freshman , one who played last year. They went 11-2. All started and played varsity A which is the best teams. These kids are for real . Why don't you lay off. They played 4 games a day and believe me it is no picnic. They played against kids 3 and 4 years older than them. And WON
[QUOTE=3 points]You should have seen them play in Georgetown this week. 3 incoming freshman , one who played last year. They went 11-2. All started and played varsity A which is the best teams. These kids are for real . Why don't you lay off. They played 4 games a day and believe me it is no picnic. They played against kids 3 and 4 years older than them. And WON[/QUOTE

I dont' think BBonlyfan was talking about those "youngins" talent... I think he/she was talking about them playing for a specific person/coach... NO doubt they have quite a bit of talent!! :thumpsup:
phs1986 Wrote:[QUOTE=3 points]You should have seen them play in Georgetown this week. 3 incoming freshman , one who played last year. They went 11-2. All started and played varsity A which is the best teams. These kids are for real . Why don't you lay off. They played 4 games a day and believe me it is no picnic. They played against kids 3 and 4 years older than them. And WON[/QUOTE

I dont' think BBonlyfan was talking about those "youngins" talent... I think he/she was talking about them playing for a specific person/coach... NO doubt they have quite a bit of talent!! :thumpsup:
Every time I have read something he/she says about them, it is calling them holdbacks and knocking them in any way he/she can. I think he dislikes someone in the crowd and uses any excuse to put them down.
So valley scrimage who...im confused
3 points Wrote:You should have seen them play in Georgetown this week. 3 incoming freshman , one who played last year. They went 11-2. All started and played varsity A which is the best teams. These kids are for real . Why don't you lay off. They played 4 games a day and believe me it is no picnic. They played against kids 3 and 4 years older than them. And WON

No one ever doubted their talent...ever. The point was that why didn't they just play for Booher instead of whining and crying all last year about not playing if he was the coach. Everyone knows that they are very, very good. However, I wouldn't say that they played against players 3 or 4 years older. That would make some of those opponents about 19 or 20 which would make them ineligable. BUT don't get me wrong, SV will be very, very good and if they went 11-2 at G-town, that's impressive!
bball fan Wrote:No one ever doubted their talent...ever. The point was that why didn't they just play for Booher instead of whining and crying all last year about not playing if he was the coach. Everyone knows that they are very, very good. However, I wouldn't say that they played against players 3 or 4 years older. That would make some of those opponents about 19 or 20 which would make them ineligable. BUT don't get me wrong, SV will be very, very good and if they went 11-2 at G-town, that's impressive!
That would make their opponents 18 or 19 which is how old a lot of Jrs, and Srs. are. When you hit the Lexington and Louisville teams you don't see very many 17 year old seniors. They are 15. Looks like they are playing for Booher, so why not drop it.
I dont know why they are even being talked about in this tread. Unless they are going to be middle school players in the 06-07 season, they shouldnt be even mentioned in this thread. They say people talk about them being held back and everything, why cant they let one thread go on about middle school players and not throw their names in it. They are no longer middle school players so why are they even brought up in here?
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
NYY10 Wrote:Virgie Middle School and Dorton

Justice and Cody Varney from Dorton and Taylor Nesome and Ashley Hatfield from Virgie
They were brought into it the first post of this thread.
3 points Wrote:They were brought into it the first post of this thread.
what