Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who was the cockiest fan base on BGR this year???
Most fans don't get on forums and state their opinions, that's why they seem obnoxious. This place is more for the hard core.
MayfieldCardinal Wrote:I dont think Mayfield fans were cocky at all. We were just very confident

Nah you guys were kind of cocky.
HHellBird Wrote:I would have to agree.
I didn't pay much attention to the HHS fans during the regular season, but once the playoffs started boy they became very arrogant, more so than normal. Add on top of that they feel it is their birth rite to be snobs and put other programs down as if they shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath.

I even had one post on another site that the reason Highlands is successful is because they work harder than any other team because they start conditioning in Dec. Like no other team starts then or in my kids team even in November.

Ok, off my soap box, Highland wins hands down, just something else thay are #1 at Confusednicker:

Its tough when idiots say that the birds recruit, etc.
and then say Lex Cath or whoever is going to kill them, a Highlands fan says
: no, i think the birds are going to win, and we're arrogant.

Highlands also plays many more games than everyone besides trinity, so it seems like a lot.
History proves that the positive attitude of FTH fans is the result of confidence and not arrogance. If you support one of far and away the two best high school football programs in the Commonwealth (Of course, Louisville Trinity is the other superior program.), why should you play down the program's success?

It is said that success breeds contempt. FTH has great success. The others, other than Trinity, feel contempt. That is how it goes.
Thunder 44 Wrote:When the state first went to 6 classes, Highlands was a 4A school, but played up in 5A as there were no other 4A schools nearby, which made them "geographically challenged" or some such designation. That was, and appears to still be, the only way a school can play up in classification.

In the current alignment, Highlands and others nearby were all 4A schools, and it made for a 5 team district in Northern KY.

Actually Highlands was a 3A size school and moved up to 5A. Covington Cathlic was a 4A size school and moved up to 5A at that time also. There were not enough teams geographically close in either 3A or 4A to great a district including Highlands and Covington Cathlic.
Don't know of any cocky programs but there are many cocky posters for a few teams. The most animated posters have to be from Johnson Central. They fight amongst themselves more than with others.. I think they're still posting about their week #2 matchup.....lol:moon:
Got to be Belfry Confusednicker: (joking guys)
FBALL Wrote:Nah you guys were kind of cocky.

:1::Thumbs::1:
I am surprised noone has mentioned the Belfry Pirates..
Mayfield, Highlands, and Bell can have honorable mentions..
But Belfry fans really take it to another level IMO.
Bell Co. won't be saying much for a while since the Black Bears gave em' a good foot to the mouth this year.
Hatz Wrote:Why don't you just list the teams/programs you don't like and call them "arrogant?"

Sounds like a sour grape type of list. Maybe his team got beat by a few of these teams.
One poll I don't mind losing...Although I do not have many Rock brethren on here, and I feel a little left out on most threads, I do feel that Trinity gets respect from posters on here. On KY Preps, we get ridiculed for being arrogant and other than 1 particular poster, I just don't see it...Any mention of the Rocks success and it is 2 pages of you recruit, you cheat, and no one ever has ANYTHING by way of evidence...it just, "everyone knows it!"
FBALL Wrote:Nah you guys were kind of cocky.

Thanks! That did make me Laugh Out Loud! I guess some of us came across as cocky. I reckon there can be a fine line between confident and cocky. At least I didn't say: Write it Down, Print it Out, Make the T-shirts and all that crap like one of my fellow Mayfield fans said. (You know who you are.) Ok here's a hint: Hisdaughterisnot55. :lmao:
gorocks123 Wrote:On KY Preps, we get ridiculed for being arrogant and other than 1 particular poster, I just don't see it...Any mention of the Rocks success and it is 2 pages of you recruit, you cheat, and no one ever has ANYTHING by way of evidence...it just, "everyone knows it!"

Sounds exactly like Highlands "discussions" here on BGR.

For Highlands we have two particular posters here who seem to annoy most. I am surprised they have not commented on anything since early last week. Wonder if Wideleft and Wideright are okay? Maybe they got lost driving back from BG?
^ I can't speak for lefty, but I'm mostly devoted to the politics board now. Happy to see Highlands win #6, hated to see the 2A embarrassment of NCC winning the title.

You do make me feel honored since you joined BGR just because of Lefty and I.
WideRight05 Wrote:^ I can't speak for lefty, but I'm mostly devoted to the politics board now. Happy to see Highlands win #6, hated to see the 2A embarrassment of NCC winning the title.

You do make me feel honored since you joined BGR just because of Lefty and I.

Glad you were not lost! Seriously, it had been so quiet I was concerned.
Frozenbird Wrote:Glad you were not lost! Seriously, it had been so quiet I was concerned.

I'm a little burned out on trolling right now.
Now wait just a minute "google it", was I right or was I right. I guess to be the best you have to have somewhat of a sense of cockiness. The thing is we have kind of been getting it alot like some others with success. We would get on here and tell someone why we thought we had a chance of beating someone and we would use some form of factual information to back it up. Then we would get hit with 900 posts about how it was arrogant that we used strength of schedules (which obviously doen't matter, lol), or we used offensive and defensive stats, or we used facts about similarities between this team and that one, or we used actual video to tell what was wrong. I got ridiculed for telling Frankfort people long before they got beat, what their weaknesses were and dang it that isn't what Beechwood used to beat them. If all of that is arrogant or cocky, write it down, "I'm cocky".
QUOTE=mysonis55;1557417]Now wait just a minute "google it", was I right or was I right. I guess to be the best you have to have somewhat of a sense of cockiness. The thing is we have kind of been getting it alot like some others with success. We would get on here and tell someone why we thought we had a chance of beating someone and we would use some form of factual information to back it up. Then we would get hit with 900 posts about how it was arrogant that we used strength of schedules (which obviously doen't matter, lol), or we used offensive and defensive stats, or we used facts about similarities between this team and that one, or we used actual video to tell what was wrong. I got ridiculed for telling Frankfort people long before they got beat, what their weaknesses were and dang it that isn't what Beechwood used to beat them. If all of that is arrogant or cocky, write it down, "I'm cocky".[/QUOTE]

Confusednicker: I AGREE :ilikeit: 64SUR
Whitley,Co
Mayfield
Williamsburg
Bell,Co
Belfry
my top 5 and none of them except for Belfry had anything to really talk about
Mayfield did they were the Class A champs.
Pretty much every one that post on this board.
ballboy Wrote:Whitley,Co
Mayfield
Williamsburg
Bell,Co
Belfry
my top 5 and none of them except for Belfry had anything to really talk about

Yea boy, those Whitley fans sure do get jacked up ! :biglmao:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Yea boy, those Whitley fans sure do get jacked up ! :biglmao:

What like all two or three of em!Confusednicker:
^
I thought there was only one Confusednicker:
Had a chance to read quite a few threads tonight. If what I read was any indication, Mayfield's bunch were the cockiest and most annoying of all the posters.
:truestory:

Confusednicker:
Middlesboro, let me tell you about cocky. Back in 1998 we were playing some team from the east. This team wore black & gold. This team didn't appear in any way to have a chance against our 14-0 cardinals. I was pretty darn certain that we were gonna wear them out. There was a newspaper writer on the sidelines, which is where I was. I got to talking to him and asked where he was from. When he told me that he wrote for the newspaper there I opened my mouth. I said, "So you are the one that gets to bring the bad news back". He said what do you mean? I said yall don't have enough speed to handle us. He said "them are the fastest boys you ever seen". I understood when we were down 33-7. I won't tell where this team was from but it started with an M
:hilarious:

mysonis55 Wrote:Middlesboro, let me tell you about cocky. Back in 1998 we were playing some team from the east. This team wore black & gold. This team didn't appear in any way to have a chance against our 14-0 cardinals. I was pretty darn certain that we were gonna wear them out. There was a newspaper writer on the sidelines, which is where I was. I got to talking to him and asked where he was from. When he told me that he wrote for the newspaper there I opened my mouth. I said, "So you are the one that gets to bring the bad news back". He said what do you mean? I said yall don't have enough speed to handle us. He said "them are the fastest boys you ever seen". I understood when we were down 33-7. I won't tell where this team was from but it started with an M
I must do a better job next season. :devilflam I will do my best to bring some of my Trinity buddies over to this site.:biggrin:
Trinity graduates 21 of 24 starters. I still feel confident about the Rocks winning number 23 in 2013.:1:
thsrocks Wrote:I must do a better job next season. :devilflam I will do my best to bring some of my Trinity buddies over to this site.:biggrin:
Trinity graduates 21 of 24 starters. I still feel confident about the Rocks winning number 23 in 2013.:1:

:yawn:
I fell asleep reading this.