Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fairview 40 Hazard 6
rednblackattack Wrote:Then i apologise cause i thought your making a claim that Fairview had the best skill players in 1a. I honestly dont know if they do. I will go on record as saying that Fairview has without a doubt the best trio of rbs in the state not justb1a. However a skill position is any player that directly effects scoring either on offense or defense. So by stating that you are saying that Fairview has the best players at defensive back, linebacker tightend, receiver, running back, Quarterback, kick returner, and kicker than any other team in 1a. Now i think their three backs are great but i dont think any of the three are better than Jonathan Jackson 2000 yds rushing and over 30 tds am almost 100 percent certain their qb is not better than Guhy 2700 yds passing and a 30 to one td to int ratio. 3 different recievers with over 500 yds receiving and a kicker that is automatic inside 40 yds. Now im a prideful sucker and have seen my share of football living in both Western Ky and Central Ky and played in two state championship football games so i think i am a fairly decent.judge of talent as well. I think that without seeing Fairview play i couldnt possibly judge Mayfields skill players better than theirs.

Rutherford is as fast as any WR out there and the Fairview DBs and LBs are pretty darn good.
Congrats Fairview on the win! Looks like you dominated Hazard. This makes the region games with the Rams and Panthers look even better.
Cong:to Fairview, now just go on and win it all.
So guys give me a run down on these running backs from Fairview. My Son Is 55 said in another post they ran the wing T. How big are those backs? I know they dont throw much but can they? How big js the line? I will start it off. Mayfield runs a spread with Jonathan Jackson as the primary back he has rushed for 2000 yards this year including jncluding 750 in the last 3 playoff games. Our qb is smallish and fairly mobile he is not going to have set plays for him to run but he is capable of scrambling. He has decent armstrength and this year just doesnt throw interceptions. We have are solid at TE and have 3 very fast receivers all with excellent hands and break away speed. Our line is smallish but fast and as fundamentally sound as you will find they have manhandled much bigger lines all year. Defensively we very fast . Linebacker is by far our strong suite Jonathan Jackson first team all state fast and physcal never takes the wrong angle is always where he is supposed to be his counterpart Deondre Jackson not as fast but not slow either much bigger than Jonathan if jonathan is 5ft11 and 205 deondre is 6ft1 and 225. To be honest with you i know Jonathan will be playing div1 ball next year i wont be surprised if Deondre isnt playing next fall somwhere either. Are dline is solid very fast and our def ends are good at containment. I think one of our def ends will play college ball in a couple of years. We are fast in the secondary but we are short and the corners gamble and try to rely on their speed to fix mistakes which has gotten them burned some this year. We have very good special teams. We have two kickers our kickoff man has more touchbacks than just about anybody i have seen in recent history our field goal kicker is accurate up to about 40 to 45 yards he is capable of hitting longer than that just not as accurate he is also the punter and am guesstimating but i think he has averaged around 40 yards a punt. I think our kicking game is huge in this game as field position will be a major factor as always. I do think we have some weeknesses at corner fast but short and can bite on the playfake. If a team can match our speed on the line and is bigger to boot i think it will give us trouble. We have given up a few big plays this year when we gamble. We have also lately fallen behind early in the first half. I have not seen a great 4 quarter performance since th first playoff game. Well i have given a scouting report on us lets hear Fairview's
Congrats to Fairview!
Congrats to Fairview on a good game.
Good Luck and hope you win it all !!Congrats to the Bulldogs for a great season, love them Dawgs !!
Congrats to Fairview, heck of a season Bulldogs.
rednblackattack Wrote:So guys give me a run down on these running backs from Fairview. My Son Is 55 said in another post they ran the wing T. How big are those backs? I know they dont throw much but can they? How big js the line? I will start it off. Mayfield runs a spread with Jonathan Jackson as the primary back he has rushed for 2000 yards this year including jncluding 750 in the last 3 playoff games. Our qb is smallish and fairly mobile he is not going to have set plays for him to run but he is capable of scrambling. He has decent armstrength and this year just doesnt throw interceptions. We have are solid at TE and have 3 very fast receivers all with excellent hands and break away speed. Our line is smallish but fast and as fundamentally sound as you will find they have manhandled much bigger lines all year. Defensively we very fast . Linebacker is by far our strong suite Jonathan Jackson first team all state fast and physcal never takes the wrong angle is always where he is supposed to be his counterpart Deondre Jackson not as fast but not slow either much bigger than Jonathan if jonathan is 5ft11 and 205 deondre is 6ft1 and 225. To be honest with you i know Jonathan will be playing div1 ball next year i wont be surprised if Deondre isnt playing next fall somwhere either. Are dline is solid very fast and our def ends are good at containment. I think one of our def ends will play college ball in a couple of years. We are fast in the secondary but we are short and the corners gamble and try to rely on their speed to fix mistakes which has gotten them burned some this year. We have very good special teams. We have two kickers our kickoff man has more touchbacks than just about anybody i have seen in recent history our field goal kicker is accurate up to about 40 to 45 yards he is capable of hitting longer than that just not as accurate he is also the punter and am guesstimating but i think he has averaged around 40 yards a punt. I think our kicking game is huge in this game as field position will be a major factor as always. I do think we have some weeknesses at corner fast but short and can bite on the playfake. If a team can match our speed on the line and is bigger to boot i think it will give us trouble. We have given up a few big plays this year when we gamble. We have also lately fallen behind early in the first half. I have not seen a great 4 quarter performance since th first playoff game. Well i have given a scouting report on us lets hear Fairview's
Here is a video of King from his junior year at Huntington High.
Red&Blk, in what way do you think you just helped our cardinals? If you feel like this is what to look for, why would you tell the opposing team up front? Would it not be better for them to have one less day to prepare? What exactly is so important that you would need to come to these people for answers on how to beat them? Do you really think they would give you those answers? If you need assistance figuring them out, go to ihigh. I know at least the one game against Raceland is on there. We will be fine, learn what my dad told me many years ago, don't volunteer too much information. Listen first and talk less.
big orange T Wrote:Clintwood VA(defending single A champion div. 1) went down tonight 7-0 to George Wythe VA. Hazard beat Clintwood in the 1st. game this year. There will be new state champions in single A in both KY and VA.

:dontthink I doubt it as the best they have faced is looming
mysonis55 Wrote:Red&Blk, in what way do you think you just helped our cardinals? If you feel like this is what to look for, why would you tell the opposing team up front? Would it not be better for them to have one less day to prepare? What exactly is so important that you would need to come to these people for answers on how to beat them? Do you really think they would give you those answers? If you need assistance figuring them out, go to ihigh. I know at least the one game against Raceland is on there. We will be fine, learn what my dad told me many years ago, don't volunteer too much information. Listen first and talk less.

It's harmless, if their coaches get on here at all I would be suprised and even if they do they are not going to pay attention to a message board fan. According to a H coach, he said this morning that the Fairview staff did a great job scouting H and they are going to do the same with us and not care what a message board fan thinks.
Well al the Fairview haters, espically the Raceland fans can now get on the Cards bandwagon
WOOOOOOOOOOO great job Fairview
well to be honest hazard did not play well but that team was not that good id say they will lose and no they were not that fast hazard had players just as fast but to me its a hollow victory when u have to recruit a bunch of 5a and 6 a players and go to court just to have a team if u ask me its a disgrace to football and hurts the kids least we played honestly
Hazard had nobody that fast. Fairview dominated them in every aspect. A freshman RB for Fairview played most of the second half and scored two TDs. It wasn't close no matter where they came from.
mysonis55 Wrote:Red&Blk, in what way do you think you just helped our cardinals? If you feel like this is what to look for, why would you tell the opposing team up front? Would it not be better for them to have one less day to prepare? What exactly is so important that you would need to come to these people for answers on how to beat them? Do you really think they would give you those answers? If you need assistance figuring them out, go to ihigh. I know at least the one game against Raceland is on there. We will be fine, learn what my dad told me many years ago, don't volunteer too much information. Listen first and talk less.

Wasnt worried about hurting us mostly because if their coaching staff is so inept as to not know what i said plus alot more than we have nothing to worry about. You act like i handed them the playbook. Relax just trying to get some insight on players from them and their opponents. By today they have enough game film on us that a flag football coach can tell you 10 times more than what i said. Relax you talk about the Mountain teams being sensitive honestly back 25 years ago when i played by monday we had tons of film on our opponent it todays digital age fairview's coaches probably know more about us than our own fanbase.
MayfieldCardinal Wrote:It's harmless, if their coaches get on here at all I would be suprised and even if they do they are not going to pay attention to a message board fan. According to a H coach, he said this morning that the Fairview staff did a great job scouting H and they are going to do the same with us and not care what a message board fan thinks.
Confusednicker:
Not going to lie, really surprised by this score.

Congrats Fairview.
Double teamed Olinger the whole game, some times also helped with outside linebacker, really missed johnson.
how was the field last night. if this game was at Hazard, you will see the speed of Hazard. playing on the old time fields(grass), is nothing like playing on truf.

not to take anything away from Fairview. by what i heard about this game. this was the wrost game Hazard play all year. these kind of game you want in the reg season, not the playoffs.
Excuses, excuses, excuses!!!
We will see them next year reg season. I think week four. We was never in the game last nite. #3 is fast but I think TreyHiggins #12 for hazard is just as fast.
Grass didnt make Fairviews guys look slow. Fairview was bigger and stronger up front and just faster overall than Hazard.
MayfieldCardinal Wrote::dontthink I doubt it as the best they have faced is looming
WHAT??? I made this post because it was ironic that they both went down last night. I don't know what you are talking about
Not a surprise at all. If you havn't seen fairview play in person, you have no idea. They are heads and tails better than anyone they have played.
Been watching film today. I had already seen the Raceland game thanks to Ihigh. I found more today. What I saw led me to this conclusion. Picture Murray running a wing t and a little bit of an inverted bone. They have the size of Murray and about the same speed as Murray. The qb can throw the ball pretty well but is not as fast and cat like as Murray's. We have faced this test before. This is why we play the schedule that we do. It kind of reminds you of Katsman and the boys in blue and grey from last year. The full back is big but not Nussbaum strong.
First, I would like to congratulate Coach Nathan McPeek and the Fairview Eagles on their victory last night. They're a very
good team upfront and have very good team speed. No excuses, they were the better team.

Secondly, I would like to congratulate Principal Gary McPeek who was Head Coach at Hazard once and also his son who plays on the Eagle team. Enjoy this experience as much as is possible.

Finally, congratulations to Coach Mark Dixon and staff. I still don't believe Coach Dixon gets the credit he deserves for his coaching ability. This years Bulldog team had some very talented seniors,and in my opinion, they lost the glue to the team when they lost Austin Johnson to injury. It didn't end the way we wanted, but thank all of you for an exciting year. Now, young Bulldogs, lets get to work for another run at Region and State next year.
Nothing to hang your heads about in Hazard. In the last five years they have never been stopped before the semi finals. They have been state runners up 2 of those years and state champs 1. Tell me how many teams in Ky would love to be able to brag about that. You guys hang in there. We would have loved to have seen yall this year but it just didn't work out that way. Sometimes it's just not in God's plan, you gotta accept that and learn from it.
jus curious as to what the stats were for the recruits?????
hazardman
Moderated member. You need 5 posts without rule violation to be promoted to a full member.
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

honesty
well to be honest hazard did not play well but that team was not that good id say they will lose and no they were not that fast hazard had players just as fast but to me its a hollow victory when u have to recruit a bunch of 5a and 6 a players and go to court just to have a team if u ask me its a disgrace to football and hurts the kids least we played honestly

Patch (Today)

:gtfo:

Are you serious??? Did you just make an account just to say this load of garbage??? "Wait a minute" Is this you PATCH? I've noticed that you have not said a word on this thread after you said that Fairview would go down to Hazard and that they can't win the big games.Confusednicker: And by the way I don't think they have 5a and 6a in West Virginia.Confusednicker::Shaking::please: