Poll: Winner
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Covington Catholic
46.00%
Johnson Central
54.00%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Covington Catholic @ Johnson Central 11/9
That is awesome Pulp. What a great experience for this kids. Bodes well for the future of the program too. Congratulations from an Ashland fan. Also, good luck with Cov Cath. Secondary needs to step it up a notch though. Rest of the d needs to stay physical.
I am pumped for this game might be the best one so far this year at the nest. I' ll take my eagles in another gut check game 28-24. It's only Monday and I'm ready to watch them strap in on for a chance at region title. Good luck to all parties concerned safe travels see you friday in PAINTSVILLE at the Johnson central field house.
It is that time of year when our old friends from up north come on here and say we have no chance, the teams and players from NKY are just better. We cannot play pass defense and the passing game will kill us. Hey we respect NKY teams and the tradition of Cov Cath. We know it will be a battle. But we know we can line up and play with you.

This game will be won on the line. If JC can get their run game going and keep the CC QB in check, I really like our chances. If CC can stop the run and their QB has all day to throw the ball, it will be a long night for JC. The Nest is one of the hardest places to play in KY so that helps JC. The Wild Card here is JC passing game. Although not totally refined, it has been much better this year than in previous years. We beat Ashland with it. It is a more surpise, home run type play with the running game.

I will pick JC by a touchdown in a very close game.

Congtrats to our 7th grade. I watched it on the nternet and it was JC smashmouth football at its best. This shows our kids that they can not only comptete for, but win State Champoinships.
[quote=MonsterMan]It is that time of year when our old friends from up north come on here and say we have no chance, the teams and players from NKY are just better. We cannot play pass defense and the passing game will kill us. Hey we respect NKY teams and the tradition of Cov Cath. We know it will be a battle. But we know we can line up and play with you.

This game will be won on the line. If JC can get their run game going and keep the CC QB in check, I really like our chances. If CC can stop the run and their QB has all day to throw the ball, it will be a long night for JC. The Nest is one of the hardest places to play in KY so that helps JC. The Wild Card here is JC passing game. Although not totally refined, it has been much better this year than in previous years. We beat Ashland with it. It is a more surpise, home run type play with the running game.

Bir does not need all day to throw, he likes to get rid of it quickly. They use the short 3-6 yard passing game and do not throw throw the long pass much at all.
If Dylan, Belchter, and Young run hard JC will win. Unless their O-line doesn't blok at all
Stardust Wrote:Good match up?

Let's put it this way, if I could talk one of my friends into going this Friday, I'd be there in a heartbeat. No fun by myself.
Can you dig it? Wrote:Let's put it this way, if I could talk one of my friends into going this Friday, I'd be there in a heartbeat. No fun by myself.

Come on down I'll give you some black and gold and you will fit right in..... Lol
I predict that Matney gathers his team after the game and complains about CovCath's private school advantages...again.
Should be another great game. JC: 26 - CCH: 14
GO EAGLES !!!

[Image: http://burgersdogspizza.com/wp-content/u...ville1.jpg]
JC by 6
30 going on 40 Wrote:I predict that Matney gathers his team after the game and complains about CovCath's private school advantages...again.

Your little attempt at a cheap shot was a major dud here goober. Matney is 3-1 against CC, with all three of the wins being blowouts. Highlands is the only team from northern Kentucky he has not beaten. Except for the lone nail biter loss to CC in '06 he has never been beaten by anyone from northern Kentucky while at Johnson Central. He has blown every single team out. None have even been close.Confusednicker:

Try again goober, you made yourself look stupid on this one.
I'll be pulling for the Golden Eagles in this one, this should be a great rematch of the 2006 state semifinal game. Johnson Central will have to put pressure on Bir and not let him have time or he will pick them apart. That being said....

Johnson Central 34
Covington Catholic 28
I haven't seen JC play this season, so I can't make a prediction. But I'll agree with sstack: CovCath is considerably better this season than last year. Easily the best team CovCath has had since 2006. Biggest weakness is the lack of running game, but they use their short passing game as their running game. Bir is an excellent QB. Throws the ball well and makes great decisions. They have nice receivers. Egbers (one of the receivers) is a very fine all around football player. Defensively, CovCath is solid. Very solid and won't be intimidated by JC's physical play offensively. Birds were able to run the ball better than CovCath supporters expected (Highlands has an exceptionally good run game this year), so perhaps JC will be able to do so also. JC will have to keep the CovCath safeties back though (as Highlands did) to keep CovCath from packing the box. Matney is a smart coach and I'm sure he realizes such. Wouldn't surprise me to see JC chucking the ball deep early to force CovCath's safeties to stay honest. CovCath may gamble; move the DBs up: and force JC to try and beat them with the weaker part of JC's offense. I know I would if I was CovCath's coach. Looking forward to coming home Friday night and see who won this game.
T-CATS Wrote:Dont care who we play as long as we WIN. Should have beat J.C. 2 weeks ago so a rematch with them would be fine too. Would love to have another game at Putnam with a region championship on the line.

that game would be at the Nest,wouldnt it since JC is number 1 seed
neutral field
[2012] Covington Catholic (Park Hills, KY) 31, [2012] Johnson Central (Paintsville, KY) 24
from calpreps,but i think JC holds the passing attack enough to get the win..
This JC team has put the whole County on it's back this season. There are people who haven't been to football games in 20 years coming out to watch these kids play. And not just family/friends of the players either. (My uncle being one of them)

From Van Lear to Red Bush... Willamsport to Oil Springs and Thelma to Nippa the whole community/county is behind this Golden Eagle team.

Like I posted yesterday, to see the line of cars following the middle school buses home, the amount of people waiting at the County line, the people waiting along side the roads and waiting in the middle school parking lot Sunday night shows me this County is 110% dedicated to this football program.
Oh, and I promise to all the Cov. Cath/NKY fans that will be making the trip to 'Johnsonville'......

We are NOT the filming location of the Wrong Turn movie series.

You are NOT going to hear banjo music when you cross the Johnson County line (but I can't say the same during the pre-game warm up Smile)

I promise GPS/iPhones/Galaxy S III's work... and you will have 4G service.

Below is the address to JCHS.......... Just incase anybody is wondering.

257 N. Mayo Trail
Paintsville, KY 41240
Bob Seger Wrote:Your little attempt at a cheap shot was a major dud here goober. Matney is 3-1 against CC, with all three of the wins being blowouts. Highlands is the only team from northern Kentucky he has not beaten. Except for the lone nail biter loss to CC in '06 he has never been beaten by anyone from northern Kentucky while at Johnson Central. He has blown every single team out. None have even been close.Confusednicker:

Try again goober, you made yourself look stupid on this one.

Goober? You got me good there. Anyway, I don't care what his record is, his crying about the perceived advantages of CovCath was hilarious. Nothing says class like whining to your team after a tough loss.

But I do like "Goober." Sounds like something my Grandpa would have said.

Finally, he hasn't played every single team in NKY. Outside of CC and Highlands who has he played? Holmes, Scott??? I don't know but he hasn't played any other team even considered decent up here.
cuppett777 Wrote:that game would be at the Nest,wouldnt it since JC is number 1 seed
yes if we both win rematch at the nest
I gotta say this.....

In 2006 (the first time JC and Cov. Cath. played), I was a member of another Ky. high school sports forum............ And that thread is hailed as a 'Classic Thread'. Not because of the two teams that were playing, but because the JC supporters were not gonna let the big, bad, scary NKY posters run over us.

And that other site was so biased for NKY. There was a big stink made because one of the Cov. Cath.'s radio announcer's used the word "Johnsonville" to describe where they were going to play next week. How much better NKY is than poor little Eastern Kentucky.

So like Pulp Fiction's post or not, I just wanna say, I enjoy BGR 10,000X more than the other site I was a member of in 2006.
Good luck Central from Harlan County
EagleFootballPride Wrote:Come on down I'll give you some black and gold and you will fit right in..... Lol

Actually, I'm well stocked with black & gold. It all says NKU, but I'm guessing that wouldn't stand out too badly. ;-)
I've thought of CCH as the #2 team in the state all season, thus I won't go against them now.

Colonels by 10
Can you dig it? Wrote:Actually, I'm well stocked with black & gold. It all says NKU, but I'm guessing that wouldn't stand out too badly. ;-)

That would work.
CALPREPS.COM
Your source for high school football scores, standings & rankings

PROJECT A MATCHUP

neutral field
Covington Catholic 31, Johnson Central 24

http://www.calpreps.com/cgi-bin/2012/pro...up1_new.pl
Covington,Catholic is the second best team in 4A behind Highlands. Covington,Catholic only gave up 35 points to Highlands, thats very good. Friday they only give up 7 from the starter and the othe 6 from the JV. They have a good Defense. 28-7 at the half 49-13 final if its that close.
Should be a good one.
I will be in town, may stop and watch. The way everyone talks on here should be a good one!!!!!
Central wins 28-14.
I hope I'm wrong as i would love to see the rematch noone expects. But I am gonna say 28-21 colonels.