Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why are south floyd girls so down?
maybe Marson just cant coach girls..lol
Nobody has any talent except Trammel!
Trammel has all the talent and Candice has a little but missing two years hurt her a lot. The other three starters was not for the lack of work but the lack of wanting to improve, if you can not improve by practicing against the group that just graduated then you did not work hard enough in practice to get better. I have seen coach Isaac work with each girl on shooting getting in the post and going left or right handed and in the game they listen more to the crowd. So i would start playing the younger players that want to be their and yes start K hall becuase she and trammel are the only scores on the team. I cheer for the raiders and like all the girls but just the truth is Tab. Trammell is the only talented player left and T. Tackett could have helped a lot if she had not decide to sit this season out.
Tony has done a great job with this team and its scheduling, they will win around 8 or 9 on the season and you can only run your system if you have the players to. So their style had to change compaired to last year and hopefully by district tournament they will have it down. Anyone thinking about coaching changes is crazy, look what he has in his system about 8 young girls that can play and to start changing coachs will take them back to how it used to be. new coach ever year.
It's so nice to see so much support for the Lady Raiders, their players and coach. Especially from former South Floyd players....Its rather amusing. Well, it's no secret I do play for SF and in the words of the "famous" Coach Isaac "We don't care". If we can't get support from former students nad present teachers we don't won't it Cry . We get plenty of support from our teammates and Coaches. To address the talent issue thats your opinion and see the above comment. We wouldn't trade any member of our team for any player in the 15th. To all those who have supported us, we thank you.

Smile
"Jesus Shuttlesworth" Wrote:maybe Marson just cant coach girls..lol
What does he have to do with this?
I don't think u should say that no one has talent on the team i think that they do.. you can say that all u want to and yes i am also a player on the team and that offends me that u say that i don't have talent and that no does besides trammell and candice .. so yeah anyways
i think that they do have talent
hope the girls will use all of this and go out and prove something tonight. this is how everyone talkedd about the boys early in the season and know say they have a shot. Blocker and Gregory have experence but need to show everyone else how they can play. take all of these anger and turn it into a big win over B.L. good luck girls :!:
Well....I can't believe it...We got a positive reply from William Bonney!!! Good luck in the game tonight against BL. Big Grin
i am a huge raider fan!
I'm sorry but I don't think Coach Isaac has done a great job with scheduling. Most of the time you schedule tough teams so that you can get better...not teams like Jackson City, Riverside Christian, JBS, & Cordia. They refused to play Pikeville this year...probably because it would have been a big joke. I'm not going to say that Trammell is the only player on the team with talent, but she is definitely the best. Tab Tackett would have helped out a lot and the other girls just lack experience. I'm a graduate of South Floyd and a former girls basketball player there, but I certainly won't support them after being stabbed in the back numerous times...but no reason to bring up the past so good luck ladies in the rest of the season.
Tony is doing the best he can with what he has....The lack of experiance comes from these girls not playing JV and freshman games when they were younger
I'm not saying that he isn't doing a good job with what he has...I'm just saying the scheduling is very weak.
I have had 2 chances to watch this team play.

I personally would say this team is the offspring of what happens when you have a freshmen class that everyone thinks will be the savior of a program.
Unfortunatly they never panned out for what ever reason.
They over acheived in the dist tourney as freshmen and then the magic disappeared, and so did players
I saw them play a few times each year and I saw more and more questions rather than answers.
You can't point fingers it does no good.
So today you have trammel who has experience and is by far the best player.
Gregory, Blocker and Hall are seniors by name only, not by experience, Dean has never appeared to enjoy playing.
Issac has done all that can be expected he has played teams that he can be competitive with.
South floyd will build for the future, Issac and company will build a winning program in time.
Enjoy the season girls what is left of it.
Good luck.

And cali you said it best, each time i saw the team i saw someone who was upset, when you have turmoil nothing good happens.
I read post on other sites concerning the team and what i saw was a lot of hurt feelings and bitterness.
wait, does Marson even coach anything at south floyd?
"Jesus Shuttlesworth" Wrote:wait, does Marson even coach anything at south floyd?
I dont think that he does
The seniors now were in grade school when South Floyd won the districts. Trammell and Tackett were the only ones on the team that year. The freshmen that year were Megan Ousley, Brandy Anderson, Ashley Johnson, Sharee Hopkins, Carla Hall, & Amanda Johnson.

Oh and Turkish...we were actually good that year! It wasn't just luck!
I think what he was saying is that class got so much playing time that the younger girls didnt get to develope, often cause teams to have a drop off
From the very few games that I have seen South Floyd play. I have noticed that little K. Hall has done an great job considering she is just in seventh grade. One game I noticed that some girls didn't even want to be out there and towards the end of the game he put in younger girls and their attitudes towards the game were totally different. I think some people need to come off their big horse and come to realization that a team is only as good as they want to be. You have to want to have a winning attitude no matter how old you are!!!
"UK" Wrote:From the very few games that I have seen South Floyd play. I have noticed that little K. Hall has done an great job considering she is just in seventh grade. One game I noticed that some girls didn't even want to be out there and towards the end of the game he put in younger girls and their attitudes towards the game were totally different. I think some people need to come off their big horse and come to realization that a team is only as good as they want to be. You have to want to have a winning attitude no matter how old you are!!!

Nice insight.
Who is K. Hall in the 7th grade? I'm not very familiar with the middle school players.
when I saw them play she looked pretty good, not sure what her name is, I didnt know she was a 7th grader she looks like she has soon real skill
Sf will be tough in a few years
"Basketballer" Wrote:Sf will be tough in a few years

Yea, but not right now!
Yeah thats what I am saying they are struggling this year but in about 2 years they should be good
It will take a lot of work.. but they have the potential to be pretty good in a few years
I'm toatally in the dark about the talent in the middle school lol. Who are these kids and where did they come from?
From what I saw when they played Valley
They have Trammal and then its the young girls.
The big girls looked beat from the tip off. I would say when them younger girls get up there theywill be better. Last night the younger ones already looked like they were better than most of them seniors
"Cali" Wrote:The seniors now were in grade school when South Floyd won the districts. Trammell and Tackett were the only ones on the team that year. The freshmen that year were Megan Ousley, Brandy Anderson, Ashley Johnson, Sharee Hopkins, Carla Hall, & Amanda Johnson.

Oh and Turkish...we were actually good that year! It wasn't just luck!
Lady Riders were very good that year and the best I can remember you had a dominating center that took over in the later part of the year. Those Fr. players were probably as good that year as they were in their entire time playing. They were eager to be playing every game. I actually thought they should have been in the finals if not for a couple of calls that went the other way late in the Johnson Central game.