•  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ashland @ Highlands - 11/9/12 - 4A Second Round
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:The only common oppenent is Boyd county and highland was subbing in the JV before halftime I'm sure. Now Boyd show better against highlands thus year than last. Reid dearfield had a nice game and there was a nice td pass against highlands 1st team. But comparing the scores of those two games doesn't tell us much.

Did you forget about Holmes?
Elm street Wrote:Did you forget about Holmes?

Yeah I did. But highlands had Holmes down 50-0 at half then the starters came out and Holmes scored on the backups. If highlands doesn't pull the starters in either game they win them both by about 80 points.
Elm street Wrote:Did you forget about Holmes?

MVP2 Wrote:Highlands.

tomcatfan722000 Wrote:Yeah I did. But highlands had Holmes down 50-0 at half then the starters came out and Holmes scored on the backups. If highlands doesn't pull the starters in either game they win them both by about 80 points.

That explains alot thank you
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:Yeah I did. But highlands had Holmes down 50-0 at half then the starters came out and Holmes scored on the backups. If highlands doesn't pull the starters in either game they win them both by about 80 points.

Did Ashland pull starters in either of these games? In Boyd game HHS had no starting RB play, starting QB played one quarter, did not have starting return men in the game, used 2nd string QB for about 2 quarters and 3rd string QB most of 4th, Freshmen got into the game in 4th, and I am not sure if any D starters sat out the game. I will say Boyd had nice looking RB's and QB.
I like the fact that Ashland posters are somewhat positive about the game. That is as it should be at this stage of the season.

I don't see where they would have any chance whatsoever of beating FTH at Ashland let alone at Fort Thomas. Still, they are showing some spunk. That is to be commended. And, although I don't expect one, a relatively close game might be good for us.
Bluebirds win convincingly
Would love to see the Tomcats get the W but I just don't see it happening. A lot of respect from the Raceland Rams to the Tomcats. Ashland will compete for 48 minutes and give Highlands some unexpected trouble early on but the defending champs hold off the Cats.

FTH 54
Ashland 20
sstack Wrote:Did Ashland pull starters in either of these games? In Boyd game HHS had no starting RB play, starting QB played one quarter, did not have starting return men in the game, used 2nd string QB for about 2 quarters and 3rd string QB most of 4th, Freshmen got into the game in 4th, and I am not sure if any D starters sat out the game. I will say Boyd had nice looking RB's and QB.
I believe early in the 3rd quarter the starters came out. Ashland usually doesn't play the 3rd string as that would be mostly freshman that don't need to be in there against much bigger older kids and allow something crazy to happen to where a team gets back In the game.
sstack Wrote:Did Ashland pull starters in either of these games? In Boyd game HHS had no starting RB play, starting QB played one quarter, did not have starting return men in the game, used 2nd string QB for about 2 quarters and 3rd string QB most of 4th, Freshmen got into the game in 4th, and I am not sure if any D starters sat out the game. I will say Boyd had nice looking RB's and QB.
And yes coach brooks has done a wonderful job this season at Boyd county. I'm sure you noticed significant improvement from last season. Boyd also has a very good group of freshman if they all stay with it. They will be a factor in the district along with JC and Ashland
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:I like the fact that Ashland posters are somewhat positive about the game. That is as it should be at this stage of the season.

I don't see where they would have any chance whatsoever of beating FTH at Ashland let alone at Fort Thomas. Still, they are showing some spunk. That is to be commended. And, although I don't expect one, a relatively close game might be good for us.
I don't know anyone that is complaining About this game. These young men have earned the right to be playing into November the same as Highlands and we are very happy to be playing this game. Any team that has the goal of winning a championship has to beat the best it doesn't matter if you play them In the first round or the last or any round in between. We knew to win this region we were going to have to beat Cov Cath and highlands. We were hoping to be able to play them at home. But that's all that has changed is the venue. the teams we have to beat and the task at hand remains the same. We just have to remember it's the same football field 120 yards long and 53 yards wide. If we go up there and play with pride and not get discouraged by a Call or play anything can happen. But if the effort is there then regardless of the outcome we have done very well this season.
Highlands 54
Ashland 17

Highlands O will run the show. Ashland might hang around in the first quarter but the Birds will pull away.
birdman44 Wrote:Highlands 54
Ashland 17

Highlands O will run the show. Ashland might hang around in the first quarter but the Birds will pull away.

I think Ashland I good enough to hang around for a half to 3 quarters. Then you get into territory if highlands makes a mistake something crazy may happen.
Nothing that crazy is going to happen.
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:I think Ashland I good enough to hang around for a half to 3 quarters. Then you get into territory if highlands makes a mistake something crazy may happen.

They could def hang around till the end if...... the players play mistake free football, coach stuns the birds game plan with layers of strategy, and the bounces go the way of the cats.

I just dont think the birds will let it happen. Then after a couple of scores to pull ahead it will be business as usual for the birds.
FBALL Wrote:Nothing that crazy is going to happen.

That is usually what is said before something crazy happens.
Ashland pulled their starters against Boyd in the 3rd. Pulled them against Holmes in the 4th. Boyd has some decent players and have done a better job this year but there is way to much in fighting and parents complaining about johnny getting more play n time then my son etc. I think you might be surprised Friday when you see how athletic this TOMCAT team is. I over heard some coaches or scouts from Highlands ( I think they were from Highlands) when I was taking pictures from the visitors side say they were suprised at how fast and physical Ashland is. What will be Ashlands down fall if they lose is having too many kids playing both ways. Huge advantage for a team to have 50 starters over a team that has 25 to 30
Tomcats will catch Highlands sleeping. Good game setting up the following weeks' game of the year.
Highlands by 21.
whackem'n'stackem Wrote:Tomcats will catch Highlands sleeping. Good game setting up the following weeks' game of the year.

We'll see. FTH doesn't "sleep" during the playoffs. Still, it is unusual for an opponent of FTH to insinuate that they will beat the Bluebirds. It is refreshing, even amusing, but it is likely ill conceived.
With 26 straight playoff wins, napping during the playoffs is pretty rare.:zzz:
I don't think anyone expects to catch highlands sleeping. There coaching staff is to good to let that happen. And it's not so much insulation Ashland is gonna win but we aren't gonna concede victory just cause of the name on the jersey. Highlands may beat us and they may beat us by a lot but it isn't gonna be cause we were intimidated by the bluebirds.
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:I don't think anyone expects to catch highlands sleeping. There coaching staff is to good to let that happen. And it's not so much insulation Ashland is gonna win but we aren't gonna concede victory just cause of the name on the jersey. Highlands may beat us and they may beat us by a lot but it isn't gonna be cause we were intimidated by the bluebirds.

Sounds like a good approach.
Highlands wins 49-21.
? If Ashland were to pull the upset, would that make them the favorite to win the title or just open it up for everyone else.
^ And I'll raise GoWithIts prediction to 56-14.

42-7 by halftime.
Highlands by 35
T-CATS Wrote:? If Ashland were to pull the upset, would that make them the favorite to win the title or just open it up for everyone else.

I believe the first consequence would be an immediate investigation by KHSAA.
no running clock but highlands wins this one in the first half, goodluck to both teams
T-CATS Wrote:? If Ashland were to pull the upset, would that make them the favorite to win the title or just open it up for everyone else.

No too many capable teams still standing Boyle,lex Cath,Cov Cath,Russell co,JC all capable
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:No too many capable teams still standing Boyle,lex Cath,Cov Cath,Russell co,JC all capable
Your right and when Ashland pulls the upset 31-30 dont know how much they will have left in the tank.:pondering:
  •  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next