Poll: Who wins
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Belfry
90.24%
Pike Central
9.76%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pike Central @ Belfry 10/19
For any Belfry fans who went to the Lawrence Co. game - did Carr run the ball exclusively from FB? If so, was it Robinson and Taylor at the wingbacks generally?

Belfry is very strong on the o-line and real good in the front 7 on defense. That should allow them to control the game, but I think it can't be understated just how big a loss Johnson is in the backfield.
Oh at last the Battle for 119. PC is young this year and very young at that. Chapman is a smart man we'll practice these kids and have them ready don't doubt that. Now I'm not going to predict a final score. Anything can happen on any given Friday night yes that means the great Belfry can lose. To the dude saying Belfry puts up a hundred get the hell out of here. No need to put down any team in that fashion. I don't care if they will lose by a hundred these are high school kids you're talking about. Grow up son and make a real post if you're going to post. Besides all that I wish the best of luck to both teams on Friday night and may the best team win.
"Kentucky Football needs to be and will be a championship contender in the SEC."- Mitch Barnhart
42-6 Belfry
HawksRule Wrote:Oh at last the Battle for 119. PC is young this year and very young at that. Chapman is a smart man we'll practice these kids and have them ready don't doubt that. Now I'm not going to predict a final score. Anything can happen on any given Friday night yes that means the great Belfry can lose. To the dude saying Belfry puts up a hundred get the hell out of here. No need to put down any team in that fashion. I don't care if they will lose by a hundred these are high school kids you're talking about. Grow up son and make a real post if you're going to post. Besides all that I wish the best of luck to both teams on Friday night and may the best team win.

Belfry 99 - Pike Central 2 as Haywood takes a knee in the endzone to keep from breaking 100 and hurting HawksRule's feelings.
I agree.
Well, Belfry has been the better team 19 straight years I believe and they are not about to let the streak end there. PC always has some nice skill players and this year is no different. They gave a good FB and a good, young QB. However, Belfry has good players at all those positions too so then it comes down to the lines. Belfry has a major advantage up front and more than likely will physically pound the Hawks. Haywood would never lay 100 on anyone, but I wish he would hang 80 on Chapman. Oh wait, DeRossett already did that, I would settle for 70 then!!
Missing JJ will not make a difference in this particular game. Belfry is way to much for the Hawks to handle.

Belfry 56
Pike Central 6
Belfry by a bunch
Belfry
How is the Johnson kid that was hurt during the Ashland game?
Belfry
PaytoPlay Wrote:For any Belfry fans who went to the Lawrence Co. game - did Carr run the ball exclusively from FB? If so, was it Robinson and Taylor at the wingbacks generally?

Belfry is very strong on the o-line and real good in the front 7 on defense. That should allow them to control the game, but I think it can't be understated just how big a loss Johnson is in the backfield.

Carr ran from FB every carry he had, and yes Robinson, Taylor, and Dari ran the other halfback.
Tomcat Pride Wrote:How is the Johnson kid that was hurt during the Ashland game?

He is basically week to week I think. He was with the team at LC in street clothes. My hunch is they will not rush him back and best case would be to have him ready for the playoffs. None of that is official.
justin johnson is out till playoff at best. might even be second round parents are making sure he is alright before re entering no time table for him
guess you should talk to the coach from PC who called timeout with 2 minutes left in the pike co. bowl up 48-0 against phelps so he could score another touchdown...if belfry does win by 60 or more then thats karma
hoochyhunter Wrote:guess you should talk to the coach from PC who called timeout with 2 minutes left in the pike co. bowl up 48-0 against phelps so he could score another touchdown...if belfry does win by 60 or more then thats karma

Haywood won't run it up like Chapman, even if it is justifiable.

What he will do is make sure that no doubt is left though. Whether that means one extra possession for his starters after PC is still chucking it down the field, or if he finds a play that can't be stopped (counter for example) and using it a couple more times instead of grinding with the FB dive.

With all that said, I think Central does put up a tussle in this one because they will be fired up.

My bold prediction:
- Close for a Half with PC hitting a couple deep balls and Justice picking up a couple nice scrambles.
- Chapman takes a questionable gamble and fails at it.
- Belfry scores before the Half to extend the margin
- Pirates further extend lead in Second Half
- Chapman loses his cool and either kills a PC drive, or extends a Belfry drive with a 15 yard penalty.

I am thinking somewhere in the range of 47-20.
Leonidas Wrote:Belfry 99 - Pike Central 2 as Haywood takes a knee in the endzone to keep from breaking 100 and hurting HawksRule's feelings.

I'm not worried about my feelings. All I'm saying your predictions are out of line and no where possible. If you're going to get on here predict make it reasonable not 99-2 or 98-2.
"Kentucky Football needs to be and will be a championship contender in the SEC."- Mitch Barnhart
Too much Pirates in this one. Belfry rolls 35-6.
Hey Belfry faithful,,,, Shout out from Garrard,,, Good Luck this Friday and have a safe
and injury free night of football... Don't overlook PC they will come in pumped up...
Belfry by 17!!!
HawksRule Wrote:I'm not worried about my feelings. All I'm saying your predictions are out of line and no where possible. If you're going to get on here predict make it reasonable not 99-2 or 98-2.

All I'm saying is Chapman would deserve it, but you're right, the kids at PCC do not.

I think all Belfry fans knew who my comments were directed towards, its only fair that I let you know, too.
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:A team that only beat Greenup by 8 cannot and will not hang with belfry. This one is over by halftime.
You can't judge a team by their first game of the season. This one will be closer than you think.
Haywood actually wants a combination of his team playing well and some competition. Belfry needs to go at least 3 quarters plus with the starters. Plus facing offenses like Ashland, PC, and JC help prepare the Pirates for down the road.
Belfry 46

Pike County Central 10
PCHS76 Wrote:You can't judge a team by their first game of the season. This one will be closer than you think.

When they first game was against Greenup yeah I feel pretty safe. I mean that is a team the lost 72-0 to fairview and belfry would destroy fairview. Not saying the hawks haven't improved it will just be hard to tell in this game. They gave up 83 to p-burg and belfry only 6 to p-burg when you look at level of competition and how they have performed against said competion 80 points by belfry is extremely possible if coach Haywood wants it 2 be
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:When they first game was against Greenup yeah I feel pretty safe. I mean that is a team the lost 72-0 to fairview and belfry would destroy fairview. Not saying the hawks haven't improved it will just be hard to tell in this game. They gave up 83 to p-burg and belfry only 6 to p-burg when you look at level of competition and how they have performed against said competion 80 points by belfry is extremely possible if coach Haywood wants it 2 be

That is a terrible way to predict a game. You can't say Team A beat Team B by 20 and Team C lost to Team B by 20.
HawksRule Wrote:That is a terrible way to predict a game. You can't say Team A beat Team B by 20 and Team C lost to Team B by 20.

Since common oppenents are Th only thing you can look at side by side and compare teams I say do so even if you don't want to include the Greenup. Look what belfry did to Lawrence,prestonsburg,and Sheldon Clark. Judging by those scores show that no team in this district comes close to what belfry has. If PCC was going to beat the pirates the last 2 years were there chance. This one wont even be close. And the Greenup County game knowing how bad Greenup is since they are in our area only reaffirms the talent differential in this one.

Belfry 60

PCC 7
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:Since common oppenents are Th only thing you can look at side by side and compare teams I say do so even if you don't want to include the Greenup. Look what belfry did to Lawrence,prestonsburg,and Sheldon Clark. Judging by those scores show that no team in this district comes close to what belfry has. If PCC was going to beat the pirates the last 2 years were there chance. This one wont even be close. And the Greenup County game knowing how bad Greenup is since they are in our area only reaffirms the talent differential in this one.

Belfry 60

PCC 7

Still a terrible way to look at a game. There's weeks difference between games and if you know high school football you know those weeks mean something. Teams change over the season they either get better or worse. There is injuries, players improvement, new starters, new gamplans and others. So using common oponnets is not worth even trying
Belfry had best not look over the Hawks this friday because theyre coming into this game pumped up and ready for a battle. They have improved their defense since the pburg game and they have a good offense that can put points up at any given time.
Im not really one topredict scores but id say either way it goes it will be won with 2-3 points.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Haywood won't run it up like Chapman, even if it is justifiable.

What he will do is make sure that no doubt is left though. Whether that means one extra possession for his starters after PC is still chucking it down the field, or if he finds a play that can't be stopped (counter for example) and using it a couple more times instead of grinding with the FB dive.

With all that said, I think Central does put up a tussle in this one because they will be fired up.

My bold prediction:
- Close for a Half with PC hitting a couple deep balls and Justice picking up a couple nice scrambles.
- Chapman takes a questionable gamble and fails at it.
- Belfry scores before the Half to extend the margin
- Pirates further extend lead in Second Half
- Chapman loses his cool and either kills a PC drive, or extends a Belfry drive with a 15 yard penalty.

I am thinking somewhere in the range of 47-20.

i say this one for sure........>Chapman loses his cool and either kills a PC drive, or extends a Belfry drive with a 15 yard penalty.
HawksRule Wrote:Still a terrible way to look at a game. There's weeks difference between games and if you know high school football you know those weeks mean something. Teams change over the season they either get better or worse. There is injuries, players improvement, new starters, new gamplans and others. So using common oponnets is not worth even trying

Team A 53 - Team B 6
Team B 83 - Team C 49
Team A 99 - Team C 2