Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breathitt County 27 Morgan County 12
BIGBLUE22 Wrote:You Breahitt county fans flat out kill me, there was a flag to begin the game because you had about 7 fans on the field last time I checked you cant do that. In all reality there should have been more penalities but the refs in this district and region are scared to death of the all mighty Mike Holcomb. The only difference in these teams was Richard Trent he carried his team the whole night he's a great player. We came out flat in the third quarter and Trent took advantage. We fought hard and put up a hell of a fight while majority never gave us a shot in the dark. Im very proud of our football team they represented us well. Congrats to both teams hope we meet again come playoff time.

I think Morgan County fans are in denial to think the Cougars came out flat in the third quarter. Morgan had all of the momentum going into the third quarter by stoping the bobcats from scoring before halftime. The bottom line is during halftime the bobcats got ripped by Coach and they came out fired up and played bobcat football and put the game out of reach. Morgan is improved and they played well but the fans need to realize they are not on the same level with the bobcats and the third quarter proved that. The difference between these two teams isn't only Richard Trent but Breathitt's defense is far superior to that of Morgan County. Go Bobcats.
BCalumni Wrote:Three of your coaches are Breathitt County boys. 2 of them played for Holcomb. There were kids at the other end of the field under the fieldgoal playing football. Kids will be kids but the ball went out on the field and one of them had to go get it several times and there wasn't a flag called on Morgan County. The announcer had to come over the intercom and tell them if they weren't players to leave the field. Those kids could have got hurt. Thank God they didn't. Was that fair that there was not a flag thrown since you say Breathitt County fans kill you? Remember, you said you can't have fans on the field the last time you checked!! Fans on the field or kids playing, it doesn't matter. It is still dangerous. You're right, noone should be on the field. All I'm saying is that wasn't fair either. As the old saying goes, "What's fair for the goose is fair for the gander!" Great game Bobcats! Way to hang tough and pull out the W!!

Morgan county played extremely hard. This was a game the Bobcats really had to step it up in the 2nd half. But for a district championship, Breathitt stepped up when they had to. All 3 Morgan county coaches played for Coach Holcomb. Will Noble played on the 95-96 state championship teams. Head coach Brian Turner played on the first Breathitt team to win a playoff game over Russell. Their d coordinator John Fugate played on a 9-1 team in 1987. Good to see some Breathitt county boys building a football program over there at Morgan county. Looks like their passing on what coach Holcomb taught them. The Bobcats finish out with Knott and Clay at home. Let's get behind these boys for the final stretch and get ready for a playoff run to WKU!
horse Wrote:Well if that is true about yhe fans on the field. Get more and better seats for the visitation teams fans. But the field has not changed since the 80,excepted the grass. Also Breathitt d turn up the heat in the secound half,that why Morgan look like the were dead heads ha! ha!

WE HAD A TORNADO? half our seats on our side are gone and there were plenty of seats for the visiting team. We're lucky to even be playing on our field. Think about what you say.
BCalumni Wrote:Three of your coaches are Breathitt County boys. 2 of them played for Holcomb. There were kids at the other end of the field under the fieldgoal playing football. Kids will be kids but the ball went out on the field and one of them had to go get it several times and there wasn't a flag called on Morgan County. The announcer had to come over the intercom and tell them if they weren't players to leave the field. Those kids could have got hurt. Thank God they didn't. Was that fair that there was not a flag thrown since you say Breathitt County fans kill you? Remember, you said you can't have fans on the field the last time you checked!! Fans on the field or kids playing, it doesn't matter. It is still dangerous. You're right, noone should be on the field. All I'm saying is that wasn't fair either. As the old saying goes, "What's fair for the goose is fair for the gander!" Great game Bobcats! Way to hang tough and pull out the W!!

Where are coaching staff is from is irrevalent, theres a big difference in children and grown men. Men know better.
Anyone have a final penalty count for each team?
Congrats bobcats! Did not know Morgan's coaches were all from Breathitt.
BIGBLUE22 Wrote:WE HAD A TORNADO? half our seats on our side are gone and there were plenty of seats for the visiting team. We're lucky to even be playing on our field. Think about what you say.

I thought the stadium looked better than it ever has. I played there and have watched a couple of games at this stadium and it appeared to have the same amount of seating than it did before the tornado. There has always been the bleachers below the press box and people would also sit on the hill below the bleachers. The only additions I observed for the visiting team was a few sets of bleachers on the visiting side of the field. The only thing I observed missing was the Cougar Den and I heard they were in the process of rebuilding.
BIGBLUE22 Wrote:Where are coaching staff is from is irrevalent, theres a big difference in children and grown men. Men know better.

Doesn't matter kids or men. The kids have parents who should've been watching them and should've made them sit down or at least stay off the field! The refs should've thrown the flag it doesn't matter! That's the point!:ChairHit:
Buffalo Bildos Wrote:typical naive fan

Typical loser fan you and RoytheBoy
jdnoble18 Wrote:Anyone have a final penalty count for each team?

I'm pretty sure Morgan only had 3 penalties on them 2 personal fouls one should've been an ejection and 1 offsides penalty. Breathitt was too many to count I'd have to get the stat book from the coach but it was a ridiculous amount! Enough to know the refs were in their pocket.
BIGBLUE22 Wrote:Where are coaching staff is from is irrevalent, theres a big difference in children and grown men. Men know better.
Yes, the coaching staff is relevant. You said Breathitt County fans kill you. Well, did you know that 2 of your coaches have family members that play for Breathitt County. Doesn't that make them and their family fans too? Your coaches probably root for Breathitt when you're not playing each other. That's what family does!! I know my whole family and I root for Morgan County when we're not playing them. Morgan's coaches are good coaches (we saw that Friday night) and I know they are good people. You also said that there's a difference between children and grown men. Well, I think those kids have grown men for fathers or some other adult to keep them off the field from getting hurt. Like you told horse, you should think about what you say.
Okay, I have heard all that I can stand!! Morgan Faithful , don't be upset with me, but I must respond. First lets talk about the penalties... penalty flags thrown on Breathitt because several fans on the field, (and there were lots of seats).. the kids on the end of the endzone were there playing there at halftime when the announcer asked them to get off the field... it happens at every game I have ever been to... no matter where it is. Another penalty because Holcomb must have been running his mouth to the ref because it was against him... another one thrown on Breathitt because an outrageous blocking move after the whistle (he threw him on the ground) was called right as the half ended. This player was who should have been thrown out! And, finally the kid from Morgan who "kicked" at the player from Breathitt... he was trying to get the kid to let go of his foot !! ..very physical game... I just can't stand it when people keep trashing and lying about things they know nothing about.. now I will compliment Breathitt team... they are very talented and most of them show a lot of class. Trent is a great guy.
blue rainbow Wrote:Okay, I have heard all that I can stand!! Morgan Faithful , don't be upset with me, but I must respond. First lets talk about the penalties... penalty flags thrown on Breathitt because several fans on the field, (and there were lots of seats).. the kids on the end of the endzone were there playing there at halftime when the announcer asked them to get off the field... it happens at every game I have ever been to... no matter where it is. Another penalty because Holcomb must have been running his mouth to the ref because it was against him... another one thrown on Breathitt because an outrageous blocking move after the whistle (he threw him on the ground) was called right as the half ended. This player was who should have been thrown out! And, finally the kid from Morgan who "kicked" at the player from Breathitt... he was trying to get the kid to let go of his foot !! ..very physical game... I just can't stand it when people keep trashing and lying about things they know nothing about.. now I will compliment Breathitt team... they are very talented and most of them show a lot of class. Trent is a great guy.

I was at te game and had a perfect view of the kid you say was just trying to get the other kid off of him. I hate to tell you but when you kick someone in the head to let go of you then you should be thrown out of the game. Breathitts player earlier this year did the exact same thing and was ejected and that should have been the case here. I wish I had the game tape so I could post it on here for all you Morgan county fans that think this kid was innocent. I hate how all you Morgan fans are always calling people liars on here.
My question is this - if you can shut down Trent running the ball, can Breathitt do enough otherwise to beat you?
Factsonly Wrote:Typical loser fan you and RoytheBoy

How am I the typical loser fan? I stated the facts, Morgan came out and played a flat 3rd and Trent played a hellacious quarter. But if I wanted to be a rude prick I could honestly say without Richard Trent, Breathitt would have no offense. That's just a compliment to Trent because its obvious Fugate and others aren't able to step up and don't have Holcomb's trust when things get tough. I congratulated Breathitt on the win. But I'm the sore loser...
BCalumni Wrote:Yes, the coaching staff is relevant. You said Breathitt County fans kill you. Well, did you know that 2 of your coaches have family members that play for Breathitt County. Doesn't that make them and their family fans too? Your coaches probably root for Breathitt when you're not playing each other. That's what family does!! I know my whole family and I root for Morgan County when we're not playing them. Morgan's coaches are good coaches (we saw that Friday night) and I know they are good people. You also said that there's a difference between children and grown men. Well, I think those kids have grown men for fathers or some other adult to keep them off the field from getting hurt. Like you told horse, you should think about what you say.

I personally saw all Morgan's coaches hug Debbie Holcomb after the game. That showed alot of class from all 3 former Breathitt county football players. That's family as well. Once you are or were a Breathitt County Bobcat, you will always be part of that family. The Morgan kids played their hearts out but Breathitt came out in the second half and did what they had to do. When Breathitt and Morgan are not playing, these teams need to support each other. There are some ties between these two schools.
RoyTheBoy Wrote:How am I the typical loser fan? I stated the facts, Morgan came out and played a flat 3rd and Trent played a hellacious quarter. But if I wanted to be a rude prick I could honestly say without Richard Trent, Breathitt would have no offense. That's just a compliment to Trent because its obvious Fugate and others aren't able to step up and don't have Holcomb's trust when things get tough. I congratulated Breathitt on the win. But I'm the sore loser...

You are a sore loser and there is no other way around it. Just suck it up and move on to the next game. Breathitt dominated the third quarter of this game and it had nothing to do with Morgan County being flat. Morgan wasn't flat they were just simply outmatched. You better hope these two teams don't meet again because if so it will be at our house and the bobcats will play with intensity for the whole forty eight minutes instead of one quarter. So take your moral victory by only getting beat 15 points and move on because believe me if we meet again it will be much worse.

This is my last post on this thread. Go Bobcats.
theCalipariEra Wrote:I was at te game and had a perfect view of the kid you say was just trying to get the other kid off of him. I hate to tell you but when you kick someone in the head to let go of you then you should be thrown out of the game. Breathitts player earlier this year did the exact same thing and was ejected and that should have been the case here. I wish I had the game tape so I could post it on here for all you Morgan county fans that think this kid was innocent. I hate how all you Morgan fans are always calling people liars on here.

I am not , nor did I call anyone a liar. I was at the game and have seen the game tape several times... from what I saw and what I have viewed, I do not believe that BC player was kicked in the head... that being said, if he was kicked in the head, I am sure it was by pure accident. When someone has a hold of your foot/leg and you are off balance, it is normal to try to move that foot/leg to get it loose.. I know you are upset because the ejection didn't happen because this is the player that scored the touchdowns... and you probably were looking for him to be ejected for other games also..
Come on guys, this game is over. Breathitt controlled the game in the 2nd half and won. It was a late TD that made the score closer. Morgan is better than they have been in my lifetime in 2012.
Twitter: @tc_analytics