Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The best in the Mountians?
I believe Bell and Belfry are the two best....I have respect for both...I am so excited next year we get to play two of the best mountain teams...exciting times in Harlan County...one thing about it...we will not shy away from GREAT competition.
1. Belfry
2. Bell Co.
3. Breathitt Co.
4. Harlan Co.
5. Knox Central
In reality I think Bell Co, Belfry, Knox Central, and Breahitt Co are tied this year.
Pirate1991#8 Wrote:Well then your not bein honest john......ii will tell you this I live in Louisville well Fort Knox....so i hear from people all over the state because national guard soldiers train here....and when the subject of mountain football comes up...it's Belfry.....I hope and pray you guys can beat Central and we can get to the finals.....Two things I know johnny boy, that's how to train soldiers and football.....And Bell county cannot play with Belfry....But hopefully it's decided in Bowling Green....

First off, I am not from Bell Co. Second, are we talking about the Belfry that got stomped by a 3 win 4 loss Henry Clay team. I just follow Bell Co because they are what mountain football is all about (see the # 1 beside their name in the mountain polls). They are what smash mouth football is all about---hard running and fierce defense---year in and year out. I am a Rockcastle fan mainly, but not much action there this year so far. I also like Knox Central, Harlan Co, Russell Co, Boyle Co, Danville, and the Pulaski teams. Belfry has a good team, they are just lucky enough to be on the side that doesn't have to play Central until the final game or they would be outside looking in also. Good luck to Belfry this year, because if anyone beats Central in 3A they better have all the luck they can get.

I respect that you are a soldier, and thanks for all you do for all of us. GOD bless the USA.
Pirate1991#8 Wrote:Seriously that's your theory.....your comparing teams just east of I-75.... let's compare the game to central last year....you guys got shut out 26 to goose egg.....we was a point.....just a thought maybe not the best theory but better than the one above....

Belfry also didn't have to worry about containing Ace Wales in that 1 point lossConfusedhh:. Comparing scores does nothing..Corbin put up 7 on Central, does that mean they were better than Bell County? Also, I saw you said you get to the State Title game and Bell doesn't, just who does Belfry have to go through to get there? Switch sides with Bell and I bet you the world its Bell there every year, and Belfry outside looking in.
I've been out of the game for a while, and I don't follow as much as I used to, but correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Johnson Central still kicking everyone's butt except for highlands?? Honest question. I don't know much about Bell except they have been really good for a really long time. Same with belfry.

As far as King of the Mtns goes, well, a king usually rules for quite a few years until he is either killed, dies, or someone comes in and basically says your land is now my land, then kicks his butt.

With that said Kings of football in the mtns might rule for a year or two, until one of the other "kings" knocks them off..

So on paper teams look great, on paper teams should beat the teams they are supposed to. But that's why we play. And since some of these teams won't play each other it is speculation. Good for conversation, but no reason to get all upset and ask for a cage match with someone..
I'm in love with Tawnya.. hehe..

Tom is not my friend....

if you have any questions send me a p.m.
^
Well said.
crazytaxidriver Wrote:I've been out of the game for a while, and I don't follow as much as I used to, but correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Johnson Central still kicking everyone's butt except for highlands?? Honest question. I don't know much about Bell except they have been really good for a really long time. Same with belfry.

As far as King of the Mtns goes, well, a king usually rules for quite a few years until he is either killed, dies, or someone comes in and basically says your land is now my land, then kicks his butt.

With that said Kings of football in the mtns might rule for a year or two, until one of the other "kings" knocks them off..

So on paper teams look great, on paper teams should beat the teams they are supposed to. But that's why we play. And since some of these teams won't play each other it is speculation. Good for conversation, but no reason to get all upset and ask for a cage match with someone..

Not trying to stir anything up, but Bell whipped Johnson Central in 2009 & 2010, worse than anyone beat them in either year..including Highlands..JC whipped Breathitt and Belfry both years as well though. :1:
I think it is funny that the mountain teams fans want to fight it out for a meaningless title of KING OF THE MOUNTAINS, when they should be worrying about being KING OF THEIR CLASS. Everyone knows who the best programs are. The 3 KILLER B's...Bell, Belfry,and Breathitt...JC...Harlan and Knox...Somerset and Hazard. All those teams can make noise in most years throughout the state.
For the posts about Belfry not having to play Central until state...That is just whining...Within one week's time, which is a fair time frame comparison, Belfry played much better against the Jackets than did Bell. Bell had some missed opportunites and they contained Wales till late. But ultimately they were not good enough... The talk about Belfry not having to worry about Wales, well yes they did...And you know what they did? they knocked his socks off. 2 carries -1 yards. If Bell had showed up at Central and got off the bus the week before, and they got the news that "Hey, Ace Wales is hurt, he isn't playing tonight", Do you think Bell would have wanted to postpone the game till Wales was healthy? No, of course not. You play the 11 you have against the 11 they have and may the best team win. Injuries are part of competing hard for all teams. Central has been the best no doubt and they get all the credit. Bell, will more than likely get their chance again, and if Bell is good enougn, then they will win, if not, then Central will more than likely be in the finals again. I would love to see a Bell and Belfry final. Two fantastic programs that play HS football the way it ought to be played. Hard-nosed and hard-hitting with little fanfare. Good Luck to all the mountain teams the rest of the season.
BellCoFaithful Wrote:Belfry also didn't have to worry about containing Ace Wales in that 1 point lossConfusedhh:. Comparing scores does nothing..Corbin put up 7 on Central, does that mean they were better than Bell County? Also, I saw you said you get to the State Title game and Bell doesn't, just who does Belfry have to go through to get there? Switch sides with Bell and I bet you the world its Bell there every year, and Belfry outside looking in.

We didn't have to contain Whales because we play smash mouth football and he ended up in the locker room after one carry.....So in my opinion that containing him....And that's football...i can't help the way the KHSAA does the alignment....But in all fairness Bell should switch with Garrad County...but until then who knows....
BellCoFaithful Wrote:Not trying to stir anything up, but Bell whipped Johnson Central in 2009 & 2010, worse than anyone beat them in either year..including Highlands..JC whipped Breathitt and Belfry both years as well though. :1:

Actually, in 2009 Boyle County beat them 49-7 while Bell defeated JC 36-6.

Just Sayin. :Thumbs:
Someone might have been the "Kings" then and someone different might be "kings" in the future. But as of right now Its Bell, Belfry, Knox Central, Harlan and Whitley. Bell, Belfry and Knox being all ranked together at first then Harlan and Whitley at four and five. Wont be able to tell who will be in front of each other until they play next week at Harlan. I think the game could go either way. Should be a good one.