Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Highlands 35 Covcath 21
Highlands with a nice win. This was a great game to watch, but I never felt like we were threatened by Cov Cath. All the Cov Cath fans once again think they're better than what they really are, and Highlands comes in and humbles them. Maybe Cov Cath should now be called Highlands Catholic since Highlands owns them.

Where you at WideMiddle??? What happened to that shut out??
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Best part of this loss for Cov Cath is, they should get another shot....

Best part of that other shot is that Highlands will be at home again and generally pulls out all stops for the second meeting. ;-)
Highlands Cov Cath II will be closer. Bir is for realz. Cov Cath D will focus more on the run next time. If Cov Cath doesnt mess up on special teams it could be dangerous. I think the birds should stay very aware of the colonels.

our passing game is basically a change up call its non existent.
birdman44 Wrote:Highlands Cov Cath II will be closer. Bir is for realz. Cov Cath D will focus more on the run next time. If Cov Cath doesnt mess up on special teams it could be dangerous. I think the birds should stay very aware of the colonels.

our passing game is basically a change up call its non existent.

Everybody wants to keep talking about the problems with CCH special teams, but nobody is talking about the terrible kickoff team for HHS that has given every team this year including CCH great starting field position. CCH had trouble sustaining long drives, if HHS does not let them start at 40-45 yard line it is going very tough for them in the rematch. I also think HHS will put more pressure on Bir next time, they did some in this game with good results. CCH can focus more on the run next time, but can't do anything about the lack of speed that HHS was beating them with. Am I the only one that thought CCH D really looked tired at some points of the game? Yes they need to be aware of the colonels, but if Highlands plays their game with out many dumb penalties or turnovers, I think they showed they are the better team by 2-3 TD's. I honestly see HHS winning a rematch with a score of 42-14.
One other thing about a HHS/CCH rematch; CCH really thought this was the year that they passed HHS in talent and had the ability to beat them, this defeat with HHS O moving the ball almost at will on their much herald D has to put doubt in their minds come rematch time.
Frozenbird Wrote:Why is the Enquirer calling it "Cecil Dees Memorial Stadium" and not the correct name "David Cecil Memorial Stadium"? I have seen this in a number of consecutive articles. It has ONLY been named this since the 1950's.

I have the same question. I do not remember it being renamed. What's up?
WideRight05 Wrote:Highlands with a nice win. This was a great game to watch, but I never felt like we were threatened by Cov Cath. All the Cov Cath fans once again think they're better than what they really are, and Highlands comes in and humbles them. Maybe Cov Cath should now be called Highlands Catholic since Highlands owns them.

Where you at WideMiddle??? What happened to that shut out??

Oh, puh-lease. Your team got so lucky, it must be nice having the benefits of your officiating crew like you usually do. There were several holding calls all night long that were missed, two of them on touchdown plays. Lowlands has been extremely, extremely, extremely lucky over the past few years and that was one of those nights. Lowlands has one of the most obnoxious fanbases I have ever seen at any level. I truly cannot wait until somebody in your class, hopefully this year, gives you all a nice big dose of humble pie. You may have won this time - but believe me, Cov Cath will be back and you and your boyfriends Wideleft01 and Whackem'n'stackem will be put in your places.

Lowlands may be ahead in football, but they will always be second to Covington Catholic due to a lack of class. Also, Covington Catholic owns in ALL other sports. So obviously, I guess we can call you "Covington Highlands" because other than football, you are our Mrs. in everything else. But even in football, Cov Cath will be back and will give you a nice, big, oversided, dose of humble pie just in time for Thanksgiving.

So you, Wideleft01, and Whackem'n'stackem can enjoy your victory right now. Let's see if you're saying the same thing this November when we play.
WideMiddle03 Wrote:Oh, puh-lease. Your team got so lucky, it must be nice having the benefits of your officiating crew like you usually do. There were several holding calls all night long that were missed, two of them on touchdown plays. Lowlands has been extremely, extremely, extremely lucky over the past few years and that was one of those nights. Lowlands has one of the most obnoxious fanbases I have ever seen at any level. I truly cannot wait until somebody in your class, hopefully this year, gives you all a nice big dose of humble pie. You may have won this time - but believe me, Cov Cath will be back and you and your boyfriends Wideleft01 and Whackem'n'stackem will be put in your places.

Lowlands may be ahead in football, but they will always be second to Covington Catholic due to a lack of class. Also, Covington Catholic owns in ALL other sports. So obviously, I guess we can call you "Covington Highlands" because other than football, you are our Mrs. in everything else. But even in football, Cov Cath will be back and will give you a nice, big, oversided, dose of humble pie just in time for Thanksgiving.

So you, Wideleft01, and Whackem'n'stackem can enjoy your victory right now. Let's see if you're saying the same thing this November when we play.

See, this is a dumb post. The officiating crew didn't miss 100 tackles on McCoy on key 3rd downs. The officiating crew didn't muff punts and kickoffs. The officiating crew didn't call a time out w/ one second left in the third quarter to set up a pass that everyone knew was coming. The officiating crew didn't stop running the ball when they were getting 8 yards a pop. The officiating crew didn't get gassed after the SECOND drive of the FIRST Half. CovCath has the biggest bunch of crybaby fans, and this is coming from a NewCath fan (we had the most, I thought, until sitting in the CovCath section last night). Highlands out executed CovCath and was much more disciplined. Sometimes it is just easier to blame others for your shortcomings.
30 going on 40 Wrote:See, this is a dumb post. The officiating crew didn't miss 100 tackles on McCoy on key 3rd downs. The officiating crew didn't muff punts and kickoffs. The officiating crew didn't call a time out w/ one second left in the third quarter to set up a pass that everyone knew was coming. The officiating crew didn't stop running the ball when they were getting 8 yards a pop. The officiating crew didn't get gassed after the SECOND drive of the FIRST Half. CovCath has the biggest bunch of crybaby fans, and this is coming from a NewCath fan (we had the most, I thought, until sitting in the CovCath section last night). Highlands out executed CovCath and was much more disciplined. Sometimes it is just easier to blame others for your shortcomings.

This has to be the dumbest post in the history of this website. Have you not been to a Highlands game? You obviously haven't been. We had our own shortcomings, but if we play that game without the referees of Lowlands then we win that game by the score of 28-7. It's one thing when we mess up something ourselves like our other loss, but when you can't get 10 yards without a penalty there is something wrong. Lowlands knew they could lose this game so they set it up to make sure they didn't lose.
^ WE? LMAO, WE???? Seriously - WE???? LMAO!!!!
WideMiddle03 Wrote:Oh, puh-lease. Your team got so lucky, it must be nice having the benefits of your officiating crew like you usually do. There were several holding calls all night long that were missed, two of them on touchdown plays. Lowlands has been extremely, extremely, extremely lucky over the past few years and that was one of those nights. Lowlands has one of the most obnoxious fanbases I have ever seen at any level. I truly cannot wait until somebody in your class, hopefully this year, gives you all a nice big dose of humble pie. You may have won this time - but believe me, Cov Cath will be back and you and your boyfriends Wideleft01 and Whackem'n'stackem will be put in your places.

WideMiddle03 Wrote:This has to be the dumbest post in the history of this website. Have you not been to a Highlands game? You obviously haven't been. We had our own shortcomings, but if we play that game without the referees of Lowlands then we win that game by the score of 28-7. It's one thing when we mess up something ourselves like our other loss, but when you can't get 10 yards without a penalty there is something wrong. Lowlands knew they could lose this game so they set it up to make sure they didn't lose.

Ha ha ha ha. Let me fill you in. Two of those refs were from NewCath, one is from Houston, Tx and one from Dayton. Do you really really really think that they cared one way or the other? You didn't win that game b/c you were out of shape, can't catch kicks, had terrible play calling (w/ the exception of the sweet reverse pass), and CAN'T TACKLE. You lost this game b/c Highlands was better than you...I hate saying that. Face facts, your team doesn't have the discipline to beat Highlands. Off sides 3 times???

Fact of the matter is that CovCath does not win this game 28-7. CovCath got lucky to get spotted a short field just as Highlands did on on the muffed punt. Cancel those scores out and you still lost 28-14.
Dang..This stuff is funny to read. Here's that bottom line. From what I have read, Highlands just executed well enough to beat Cov Cath. As far as fans being obnoxious, I'm Catholic in faith and I will continue to cheer on a institution that teaches/ practice the faith ( ie. Saint X, Lex Cath, New Cath, Owensboro Cath, even Cov Cath and so on ) but it's hard not to cheer on a TRADIONAL power like Highlands. They just know how to win. Fans are fans! Their some jerks, obnoxious, loud drunk cursing type etc. but in the end, tradional powerhouse finds way to win.
WideMiddle03 Wrote:Oh, puh-lease. Your team got so lucky, it must be nice having the benefits of your officiating crew like you usually do.

Lowlands has one of the most obnoxious fanbases I have ever seen at any level.

Whine, whine, whine. Come up with a new excuse. This one is getting old.

Complaining about obnoxious fans is the "pot calling the kettle black" widdlemiddle given your rather obnoxious posts, insults, and unsubstantiated accusations.
Frozenbird Wrote:Whine, whine, whine. Come up with a new excuse. This one is getting old.

Complaining about obnoxious fans is the "pot calling the kettle black" widdlemiddle given your rather obnoxious posts, insults, and unsubstantiated accusations.

My idea of hell is sitting on the 50 yard line during a NewCath/CovCath game. Both fan bases are terrible when it comes to riding refs. Nothing like being 70 yards away, at an angle, and crying about the spot of the ball. CovCath fans are so sure that they are going to get homered that they enter the stadium yelling at the refs.
Wideleft01 Wrote:The Covcath antics on twitter were way beyond just friendly banter. Sounded like some frustration at continually losing to me. Kudos to the Covcath administration for my understanding of how they handled it.

Can you believe that some Russell Co. folks are saying that they can hang with ANY 4A team in the state? :biglmao:
Two signs in this thread that the world is coming to an end soon:

1. WideMiddle types two posts with proper spelling and grammar.
2. I would have to side with an NCC fan (30 going on 40) by stating my response.

I'm leaving this one to Lefty.