Poll: Who wins ?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Boyle County
95.12%
Danville
4.88%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Danville @ Boyle co. 8/31
cctiger Wrote:You all do realize Boyle hasn't stopped anyone on defense all year and their offense is very one dimensional. Well let me rephrase it Boyles defense played pretty well on D against Collins but either the offense or special teams makes mistakes to allow the other team to stay in the game. Danvilles defense is only giving up 6 points a game and Boyles DBs are having a hard time covering anyone. With that being said Boyle may win but it's not a blow out. Boyles football will be down for the next 5 to 6 years it's not the same teams that have had.

The Boyle County football program is not down by any means, nor do I think it will be. What do you consider down? Sure, they may not win the state championship every year but that does not mean they won't be apart on the conversation. As for the defense, it has been inconsistent. The turnover bug hit these kids two weeks in a row so they are due for a turnover-free game or at least have it lowered. Also, 6 points a game? Are you kidding me? Just re-read Hatz post.
I would like a series rundown on these two teams,Danville may still be ahead in the series,but Boyle is catching up and I think you can add another W on the Boyle side this season.GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!
Boyle has owned Danville over the past 17 or 18 years.
Boyle county 42

Danville 20
Boyle by three touchdowns.
I don't think you can really say Boyles owned Danville because most of the games have been good games. Boyle has owned Danville the last 3 years. There's been what 4 blowouts in that time span. 3 by you all 1 by Danville. Plus Lexington Catholic should be your alls rival that game has state championship implications on the line. The winner of the Danville Boyle game doesn't advance in the post season nor does the loser go home. Plus I never said Boyle schedule is even comparable to Danvilles but 6 points a game is still
Impressive. Danville can pass the ball too and their quarterback is athletic enough to take off. All I'm saying is if Boyles offense stays one dimensional this week it could be a whole lot closer then these predictions. Plus Jack are you really discrediting Perry that much. Your right he isn't Chuck Smith and Chuck Smith isn't walking back through those doors despite the rumors.
cctiger Wrote:I don't think you can really say Boyles owned Danville because most of the games have been good games. Boyle has owned Danville the last 3 years. There's been what 4 blowouts in that time span. 3 by you all 1 by Danville. Plus Lexington Catholic should be your alls rival that game has state championship implications on the line. The winner of the Danville Boyle game doesn't advance in the post season nor does the loser go home. Plus I never said Boyle schedule is even comparable to Danvilles but 6 points a game is still
Impressive. Danville can pass the ball too and their quarterback is athletic enough to take off. All I'm saying is if Boyles offense stays one dimensional this week it could be a whole lot closer then these predictions. Plus Jack are you really discrediting Perry that much. Your right he isn't Chuck Smith and Chuck Smith isn't walking back through those doors despite the rumors.

Actually Boyle has won the last 4 vs Danville the closest being 21 points the other 3 were blowouts. The last blowout by Danville was 14 years ago in 1998. I do agree with one thing you said and it's that the rivalry was much better when they played to advance in the playoffs. Danville has just a game short of a 2-1 margin in series record.
cctiger Wrote:I don't think you can really say Boyles owned Danville because most of the games have been good games. Boyle has owned Danville the last 3 years. There's been what 4 blowouts in that time span. 3 by you all 1 by Danville. Plus Lexington Catholic should be your alls rival that game has state championship implications on the line. The winner of the Danville Boyle game doesn't advance in the post season nor does the loser go home. Plus I never said Boyle schedule is even comparable to Danvilles but 6 points a game is still

Danville is given up 9.5 points a game this season(SK 12, LC 7). Also, Boyle County will continue to line up in the wishbone and run it down Danville's throat. This post isn't meant to be confrontational. However, I'm just not sure what you're basing your predictions and bold statements off of. Danville does not have the team to stay with Boyle County this year. After Friday I'm sure you will realize that.
64black&gold Wrote:Actually Boyle has won the last 4 vs Danville the closest being 21 points the other 3 were blowouts. The last blowout by Danville was 14 years ago in 1998. I do agree with one thing you said and it's that the rivalry was much better when they played to advance in the playoffs. Danville has just a game short of a 2-1 margin in series record.

I agree. When both teams were in the same class there was certainly alot more on the line. Therefore, they had alot more to play for. With that said, no team wants to go home on Friday night a loser, especially to their rivalry. Even though they are not in the same class there is still alot on the line.
No Danvilles defense didn't give up that touchdown Lincoln stripped the ball and went for a touchdown. I'm basing it off the fact that Danvilles defensive line is really good and has 2 d1 players on it. Now if both teams have to pass the ball it could up being 80-79 because both secondaries are terrible. I really don't see this being a blow out. If Danvilles offense can carry the momentum over from Sat to this Friday and not turn the ball over they could vary well pull it off. Boyle no longer has the D1 players they have had in the past and the talent pool has dramatically dropped off.
Boyle's secondary is a whole lot better than you think.we had a freshman DB get burned 3 times friday night on long plays.that won't happen this friday Danville does not have the speed that Collins has at the skilled posistions and Collins has got one of the best QB'S Boyle will see all season.since our secondary's so bad i wonder how we had 3 interceptions friday night.:HitWall:
When was the last time Danville won this one?

Just for discussion, here are the scores since Boyle snapped Admiral winning streak in '96:

1996 — x-Boyle County 12, Danville 0
1997 — Boyle County 21, Danville 14
1998 — Danville 60, Boyle County 7
1999 — *Boyle County 28, Danville 3
2000 — *Boyle County 47, Danville 0 $
2001 — *Boyle County 24, Danville 21 $
2002 — Danville 20, Boyle County 10*
2003 — *Boyle County 45, Danville 26 $
2004 — Boyle County 37, Danville 30
2005 — Boyle County 28, Danville 13
2006 — Danville 35, Boyle County 33
2007 — Danville 21, Boyle County 14
2008 — *Boyle County 43, Danville 6
2009 — *Boyle County 49, Danville 9
2010 -- Boyle County 28, Danville 7
2011 -- Boyle County 49, Danville 16

x - is playoff game
* - Boyle won a state title
$ - Danville won a state title

The question might be will Danville score more than 21 points? Since French arrived they have not. In fact, the last few close games in the series Danville is 2-1 but could easily have been 0-3. So you're premise that the games have been close is not true at all. :Thumbs:
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:When was the last time Danville won this one?

2007. :Thumbs:
Here is the series history between the two schools:

Series history
(Danville leads 32-17-1)
1965 — Boyle County 0, Danville 0, tie
1966 — Boyle County 19, Danville 7
1967 — Danville 44, Boyle County 0
1968 — Danville 34, Boyle County 0
1969 — Boyle County 8, Danville 6
1970 — Danville 27, Boyle County 6
1971 — Danville 28, Boyle County 7
1972 — Danville 31, Boyle County 13
1973 — Danville 47, Boyle County 6
1974 — Danville 43, Boyle County 6
1975 — Boyle County 15, Danville 7
1976 — Danville 21, Boyle County 14
1977 — Boyle County 14, Danville 7
1978 — Danville 21, Boyle County 7
1979 — Boyle County 28, Danville 22
1980 — Danville 47, Boyle County 28
1981 — Danville 21, Boyle County 12
1982 — Danville 26, Boyle County 14
1983 — Danville 3, Boyle County 0
1984 — Danville 21, Boyle County 10
1985 — Danville 42, Boyle County 0
1986 — Danville 40, Boyle County 3
1987 — Danville 63, Boyle County 14
1988 — Danville 51, Boyle County 7
1989 — Danville 51, Boyle County 6
1990 — Danville 41, Boyle County 0
1991 — Danville 48, Boyle County 6
1992 — Danville 49, Boyle County 7
1993 — Danville 35, Boyle County 7
1994 — Danville 20, Boyle County 6
1994 — x-Danville 35, Boyle County 0
1995 — Danville 18, Boyle County 10
1995 — x-Danville 10, Boyle County 7
1996 — Danville 35, Boyle County 20
1999 — Boyle County 28, Danville 3
2000 — Boyle County 47, Danville 0
2001 — Boyle County 24, Danville 21
2002 — Danville 20, Boyle County 10
2003 — Boyle County 45, Danville 26
2008 — Boyle County 43, Danville 6
2009 — Boyle County 49, Danville 9
2010 –- Boyle County 28, Danville 7
2011 –- Boyle County 49, Danville 16

Some Key Games few talk about now

1966 - Boyle 19 Danville 0 Hard to believe but Boyle led this series 1-0-1 at the beginning. I watched the game film once and the Rebels dominated the line. Fullback John Young I believe scored all 19 points with 3 TD's and kicking the EP once. The year before ended in a 0-0 tie but Boyle was the better team on the film I saw. Donnie Coffman dominated on the Defensive Line. I think the '65 Boyle team won the District that season but lost to My Old KY Home in the Regional. My Old KY Home would lose in the Class A final to Lloyd Memorial.

1976 - Danville 21 Boyle 14 Danville finished the regular season 10-1 with their only loss to Henry Clay. Rebels finished 9-2 for the second straight year. Chris Jones returned a punt late in the game to set up short score for the win. Danville went on to be upset by Shelby County in AAA Regional (The Rockets would be AAA state runners up) while Boyle went to the CKC Bowl and defeated the same Henry Clay 28-27.

1982 - Danville 26 Boyle 14 Boyle was actually the favorite coming into that game. The Rebels would go on to upset Somerset (10-1) and win the District only to lose to Corbin in the AA Regional. Danville would lose in their District playoff. This game turned at halftime. If memory serves the Ads had a 13-7 Halftime lead. In that era both Marching Bands performed at halftime. But Coach Duffy argued that Boyle exceeded the Halftime Time Limit and the Refs threw a flag for 15 yards to start the 2nd half. Boyle received and with a high kick the Rebel returner was pinned at the 10, misplaying the kick and stepping out of bounds with it. Rebels soon turned it over deep. The Ads punched it in for a 20-7 lead. Boyle would cut it to 6 but run out of downs in the 4th. Then in the last minute, deep in their own territory, Boyle's Andy Baker threw a "pick 6" and the game was over.
Hatz,you're a wealth of knowledge.:Thumbs:
Jack Lambert Wrote:Hatz,you're a wealth of knowledge.:Thumbs:

Yes he is. I got a good memory but wow! Impressive Hatz! :Thumbs:
Hatz Wrote:Just for discussion, here are the scores since Boyle snapped Admiral winning streak in '96:

1999 — *Boyle County 28, Danville 3
2000 — *Boyle County 47, Danville 0 $
2001 — *Boyle County 24, Danville 21 $
2002 — Danville 20, Boyle County 10*
2003 — *Boyle County 45, Danville 26 $
2008 — *Boyle County 43, Danville 6
2009 — *Boyle County 49, Danville 9
2010 -- Boyle County 28, Danville 7
2011 -- Boyle County 49, Danville 16

x - is playoff game
* - Boyle won a state title
$ - Danville won a state title

The question might be will Danville score more than 21 points? Since French arrived they have not. In fact, the last few close games in the series Danville is 2-1 but could easily have been 0-3. So you're premise that the games have been close is not true at all. :Thumbs:

Good man. Exactly why I was asking the poster what the information was based on. The proof is in the pudding. Good post.
Going with Boyle Co
JustGoWithIt Wrote:Yes he is. I got a good memory but wow! Impressive Hatz! :Thumbs:

Naww. With the advent of Word, I just have the right files. :Thumbs:
Since SW is off, I'm going to try to make it to this one.
Hatz Wrote:Naww. With the advent of Word, I just have the right files. :Thumbs:

Your insight of the games in the past was impressive. Donnie Coffman was a pretty good player, eh? It had Bear Bryant in town.
GetChili Wrote:Since SW is off, I'm going to try to make it to this one.

It's always a good atmosphere. It should be worth the trip if you haven't been to Rebel Stadium since the turf arrived. :Thumbs:
GetChili Wrote:Since SW is off, I'm going to try to make it to this one.

You are welcomed. Have a safe trip.
JustGoWithIt Wrote:Your insight of the games in the past was impressive. Donnie Coffman was a pretty good player, eh? It had Bear Bryant in town.

I never knew whether to believe all of that but the film I saw showed a quick (certainly not fast :eyerollSmile Donnie. He was a load, had a nose for the ball and was strong.

I borrowed those films back around 1990 and wrote a catalog for them. Don't know where they are now but I gave them back to the library in '90 or so.
Hatz Wrote:It's always a good atmosphere. It should be worth the trip if you haven't been to Rebel Stadium since the turf arrived. :Thumbs:

I haven't been there since the Christian County game in 2010, so I'm looking forward to a trip up to BC. I love the atmosphere at Rebel Stadium! :Thumbs:
Is it true that this will be Coach French's last year at Boyle?
boyle c0. 24 danville 20 64sur
I had always heard Bear Bryant had offered Donnie Coffman a scholarship to play for Alabama.
rick2517 Wrote:Is it true that this will be Coach French's last year at Boyle?

Very possible.