Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lakers acquire Dwight Howard
ekff Wrote:PLUS...

He loves to run his mouth.
He can't make a shot outside the paint.
He cry's about every call. (More then most)
He's 3 years older than Bynum.

But always...

OFF.
Bynum > Howard

DEF.
Howard > Bynum

Bynum 18 & 11 (playing with 2 other stars)

Howard 20 & 14 (playing with nobody)

Bynum in Philly will be over 20 ppg and around 12 rpg.

But I will give L.A. credit for upgrading their bench and somewhat of a upgrade a PG.... I'd say with ALL their moves they're now the 2nd best team in the WEST.. just behind OKC.

How'd I know you'd have some wise cracks.
Bynum is very inconsistent when it comes to scoring IMO.
One day he will have 37.. the next he will have 5.

Go look at the leaderboards for scoring, blocks, rebounds, FG% etc.

Dwight Howard is in the top of them all.
And Howard can't shoot? LOL I forgot Bynum won the 3 point contest this year Confusednicker:
Howard is just as inconsistent on the offensive end as Bynum...
I honestly think more.

He will have more room to work in LA - and most of all - he won't get in foul trouble Wink
One thing Howard will need to work on is that god-awful FT%
^That comes with the best of the centers to ever play the game though.
He was under 50% last year....
That's turrbul
I'm not a fan of Kobe but I don't deny him his status in the history of the game. He is where he is at in the history books because of his no non-sense attitude and his all business approach to the game. Before he came into his own, he took a backseat to the clown prince of basketball - Shaq. The Lakers decided to build their team around the serious assassin of Kobe versus the fun and games of Shaq.

The new clown prince of the league is D-Howard. He has stepped into the Superman gimmick and is constantly playing the game like he's on the playground with his boys. He loves to joke around with his opponents and makes the game fun for himself.

Both players are polar opposites in attitude, just like Kobe and Shaq were when the Lakers management decided to make Kobe the face of the Lakers. Now, the Shaw attitude is back. I'm not saying this team wont win, but this will fester with Kobe. We will see a replay of the dislike in each others approach that we saw with Kobe and Shaq and it will result in words that reach the LA media that indicates problems in Hollywood!
^ I could see that

In the playoffs this year Pau had a bad game. When the media asked Kobe what the deal with Pau was he said "He needs to get his @$$ in the paint". The media told Pau about it and Pau replied "I need to get my @$$ in the paint"

I wouldn't see that going well if it were Dwight Howard.

As always, we can speculate until the end of time but we have to wait until the season starts before we know. One thing is for sure, Steve Nash and DH have been the main draw with their old teams for a long time now but that won't be the case anymore. I can see Nash adjusting quick but DH could be a problem.
Howard is the new Shaq on free throw shooting........
zaga_fan Wrote:^ I could see that

In the playoffs this year Pau had a bad game. When the media asked Kobe what the deal with Pau was he said "He needs to get his @$$ in the paint". The media told Pau about it and Pau replied "I need to get my @$$ in the paint"

I wouldn't see that going well if it were Dwight Howard.

As always, we can speculate until the end of time but we have to wait until the season starts before we know. One thing is for sure, Steve Nash and DH have been the main draw with their old teams for a long time now but that won't be the case anymore. I can see Nash adjusting quick but DH could be a problem.

Has anyone not watched the Olympics? How many shots has Deron Williams, Chris Paul or Michael Westbrook created for Kobe = ZERO! They get the ball down the floor, pass it to Kobe, then there is a clear out and Kobe does his thing! Can someone tell me what value that brings the Lakers having Steve Nash do that? So many are hung up on Nash's ability form the type of offenses he has dictated in the past. He will not dictate the offense in LA! LA needs a Derek Fisher as a PG, a square up shooter. I'm not saying Nash can't be a square up shooter, but for anyone to think that Nash brings the game that he played in Dallas or Phoenix is out of their mind. The Lakers do not need that kind of PG! The PG in LA is not an assist machine.:igiveup:
Stardust Wrote:Has anyone not watched the Olympics? How many shots has Deron Williams, Chris Paul or Michael Westbrook created for Kobe = ZERO! They get the ball down the floor, pass it to Kobe, then there is a clear out and Kobe does his thing! Can someone tell me what value that brings the Lakers having Steve Nash do that? So many are hung up on Nash's ability form the type of offenses he has dictated in the past. He will not dictate the offense in LA! LA needs a Derek Fisher as a PG, a square up shooter. I'm not saying Nash can't be a square up shooter, but for anyone to think that Nash brings the game that he played in Dallas or Phoenix is out of their mind. The Lakers do not need that kind of PG! The PG in LA is not an assist machine.:igiveup:

Do us a favor and shut up.
We all know that Kobe is an iso player...
but if you think that the fact that Steve Nash won't fit because he won't dish 10 assists to KB24 a game you are blinded by your own stupidity.

Lakers averaged 103 ppg and Kobe was right under 30.
That's 73 points that had to come from somewhere - there is plenty of room for Nash to run offense in that - but don't think that I agree with you on Kobe not receiving any of those dimes becauase Kobe will catch a few of them every night.

Lakers also averaged a little under 16 apg as a team. Boston led the league with 17 - so evidently someone on the Lakers has been passing the ball to someone. Kobe had 5 APG - I guess he lost the ball when he was playing one on one with everyone and someone picked it up and shot it for those.
Jodie Meeks is a laker, Say it aint so.
zaga_fan Wrote:Do us a favor and shut up.
We all know that Kobe is an iso player...
but if you think that the fact that Steve Nash won't fit because he won't dish 10 assists to KB24 a game you are blinded by your own stupidity.

Lakers averaged 103 ppg and Kobe was right under 30.
That's 73 points that had to come from somewhere - there is plenty of room for Nash to run offense in that - but don't think that I agree with you on Kobe not receiving any of those dimes becauase Kobe will catch a few of them every night.

Lakers also averaged a little under 16 apg as a team. Boston led the league with 17 - so evidently someone on the Lakers has been passing the ball to someone. Kobe had 5 APG - I guess he lost the ball when he was playing one on one with everyone and someone picked it up and shot it for those.

Ah, you mad. I'm so offended by your name calling. Your infinite OPINION is the only one that matters. You hatred to anyone else's opinion but you own did not even allow you to read the posts as written. Your own opinion would not even allow you to read that I'm saying the Lakers do not need a PG that dishes out assists. They need a PG that brings the ball down the floor and kicks it out to THE playmaker. But poor lil' ole Saga could not see over his keyboard to understand that. I hope your life turns around so the devil doesn't ruin your EVERYDAY. Poor little guy:please:
Stardust Wrote:Ah, you mad. I'm so offended by your name calling. Your infinite OPINION is the only one that matters. You hatred to anyone else's opinion but you own did not even allow you to read the posts as written. Your own opinion would not even allow you to read that I'm saying the Lakers do not need a PG that dishes out assists. They need a PG that brings the ball down the floor and kicks it out to THE playmaker. But poor lil' ole Saga could not see over his keyboard to understand that. I hope your life turns around so the devil doesn't ruin your EVERYDAY. Poor little guy:please:

I read and comprehended everything you wrote, old-timer.

But evidently you didn't understand that I'm saying Nash brings value to the Lakers that they haven't seen since probably Magic at the PG spot (everyone please read that as I wrote it, not as your imagination sees it)

There will be plenty of room for Nash to make plays and Kobe get his
^ Maybe I should have just said that. I know how easily you get confused.
The trade put them at #2 IMo but with the addition of players like Jamison and Meeks I believe that makes there bench good enough to put OKC and LA as #1a and #1b in the West.
zaga_fan Wrote:I read and comprehended everything you wrote, old-timer.

But evidently you didn't understand that I'm saying Nash brings value to the Lakers that they haven't seen since probably Magic at the PG spot (everyone please read that as I wrote it, not as your imagination sees it)

There will be plenty of room for Nash to make plays and Kobe get his
^ Maybe I should have just said that. I know how easily you get confused.

Old-Timer, that's the best you have got. They keep get dumber with each post!

It's easy to get confused with someone who can literally put the 38 year-old Nash at a value for this Lakers team as in the same category as Magic Johnson, what a hoot. Nash and Magic certainly played "showtime" basketball. This Lakers team, with the offense rightfully so, centered around Kobe's half-court offensive schemes has no room for showtime basketball. My seniority brings wisdom to your fly by the seat of your pants no comprehension random thoughts....
Stardust Wrote:Old-Timer, that's the best you have got. They keep get dumber with each post!

It's easy to get confused with someone who can literally put the 38 year-old Nash at a value for this Lakers team as in the same category as Magic Johnson, what a hoot. Nash and Magic certainly played "showtime" basketball. This Lakers team, with the offense rightfully so, centered around Kobe's half-court offensive schemes has no room for showtime basketball. My seniority brings wisdom to your fly by the seat of your pants no comprehension random thoughts....

I never put Nash in the same category as Magic - I said he has brought the most value since Magic.

38 year old Nash is better than anyone since Magic.
Wait...
I forgot about Smush Parker and Jordan Farmar.
^ Still not even close! Lakers need a Derek Fisher, and that is NOT what Steve Nash is at this point in his career! You still are lost on this one!
Stardust Wrote:^ Still not even close! Lakers need a Derek Fisher, and that is NOT what Steve Nash is at this point in his career! You still are lost on this one!

I understand that you have the advantage of being clairvoyant - but even though you can look into the future and tell us that Steve Nash isn't going to be what the Lakers need....

I'm still going out on a limb and saying that Steve Nash will make a big impact with this team.

I simply think you're looking into the wrong crystal ball on this one.
^ Don't worry zaga, it won't be the last time you will be wrong, but - I'm sure you're used to it by now....
zaga_fan Wrote:I understand that you have the advantage of being clairvoyant - but even though you can look into the future and tell us that Steve Nash isn't going to be what the Lakers need....

I'm still going out on a limb and saying that Steve Nash will make a big impact with this team.

I simply think you're looking into the wrong crystal ball on this one.

Short term I agree. Nash is the best pg they have had since Magic and i gotta say that he will bring a burst to a offense that IMO that was awful at times.

If Dwight stays a Laker then he will make the biggest long term impact but that has yet to be seen and the Lakers could careless about long term right now.
One thing about Mike Brown is that he is a great defensive coach, he proved that with his time in Cleveland. Now that he has the best defensive player in the NBA in Howard on his team the Lakers have the defense to beat OKC and Miami.

Anybody who watched the OKC/Lakers series know that the main area that the Thunder beat them was at the rim. yes Durant hit several jumpers(he does that to every team), but the Thunder took the ball to the rim, drew defenders, got fouled. With Howard there will be less going to the rim for them. Westbrook, Ibaka, even Durant killed the lakers at the rim.

I am not saying the lakers will beat them but the Thunder gotta rely on somethingelse other than attacking.

yeah Westbrook can drive, draw, and dish but with Howard and a defensive coach like brown the Lakers should have a solid defensive team that can rotate when players like Howard pick up Westbrook when he gets in the paint.
WALL2WALL Wrote:One thing about Mike Brown is that he is a great defensive coach, he proved that with his time in Cleveland. Now that he has the best defensive player in the NBA in Howard on his team the Lakers have the defense to beat OKC and Miami.

Anybody who watched the OKC/Lakers series know that the main area that the Thunder beat them was at the rim. yes Durant hit several jumpers(he does that to every team), but the Thunder took the ball to the rim, drew defenders, got fouled. With Howard there will be less going to the rim for them. Westbrook, Ibaka, even Durant killed the lakers at the rim.

I am not saying the lakers will beat them but the Thunder gotta rely on somethingelse other than attacking.

yeah Westbrook can drive, draw, and dish but with Howard and a defensive coach like brown the Lakers should have a solid defensive team that can rotate when players like Howard pick up Westbrook when he gets in the paint.

They killed the Magic at the rim in their 2-0 record versus Orlando and D-Howard as well.
Its going to be a disaster. Howard will start complaining mid season about not getting the ball enough. They will lose a few games and Kobe will want Brown Gone. Nash will average about 8 assist a game. Mainly to howard on lobs. We all know howard has no One on One game. Look for gasol to become unhappy with less touches and more kobe telling him he sucks.

OKC Will still beat them. Perkins gives Howard fits. Durant over Kobe. Westbrook over Nash. Hardin will perform much better in his second finals.
LoL @ Perkins giving Howard fits
Again - I'm so proud to be on a board with so many people that can tell the future
zaga_fan Wrote:LoL @ Perkins giving Howard fits

You the same Perkins that held Howard to 11 points last year. LoL is the correct reaction
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Its going to be a disaster. Howard will start complaining mid season about not getting the ball enough. They will lose a few games and Kobe will want Brown Gone. Nash will average about 8 assist a game. Mainly to howard on lobs. We all know howard has no One on One game. Look for gasol to become unhappy with less touches and more kobe telling him he sucks.

OKC Will still beat them. Perkins gives Howard fits. Durant over Kobe. Westbrook over Nash. Hardin will perform much better in his second finals.

I believe that Kobe knows that he has 2 or 3 years left. If he starts to go on and try and get a coach fired there goes the season. Rumors were that Kobe had moments he didn't like what brown was doing last year but he stood by Brown, IMO because he knew that it was the best chance for the team to win a championship. Kobe wants 1 or 2 more rings and doing so doesn't get him that.

I see Howard and Gasol both being put in a lot of pick n roll with Nash.

I saw this on sportscenter and i totally agree. It is still Kobe's team, which it deserves to be, but he is no longer the best player. He is a very smart player and knows that he can't shoot his arm off to win a title.
Stardust Wrote:You the same Perkins that held Howard to 11 points last year. LoL is the correct reaction

Thanks for pointing that one out for us.

I guess you forgot the mention the other time they played and Dwight dropped 33.

Funny you would omit that one.
Dwight went 33 & 8 and 11 & 15 against Perkins last year.

Making his average right at 22 pts 11.5 Rebounds
His career averages are 18.3 pts and 13 rebounds while last year he averaged 20.6 pts and 14.5 rebounds.

Dwight's averages against KP from his rookie year until now are 16.3 ppg and 12.6 rpg. Taking into consideration that his first two years he only managed to average 11 ppg against him averaged under 18 ppg until his fourth year in the league.

I would venture to say that Perkins provides no more resistance on defense or on the boards than anyone else in the league.
zaga_fan Wrote:Dwight went 33 & 8 and 11 & 15 against Perkins last year.

Making his average right at 22 pts 11.5 Rebounds
His career averages are 18.3 pts and 13 rebounds while last year he averaged 20.6 pts and 14.5 rebounds.

Dwight's averages against KP from his rookie year until now are 16.3 ppg and 12.6 rpg. Taking into consideration that his first two years he only managed to average 11 ppg against him averaged under 18 ppg until his fourth year in the league.

I would venture to say that Perkins provides no more resistance on defense or on the boards than anyone else in the league.

Amazing in you career statistics you failed to point out that the resistance that Perkins imposes over Howard is WINNING. Perkins prevents Howard from doing that.