Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1,000th Monday Night Raw
New Raw Logo
[Image: http://cdn1.wrestlezone.com/images/stori...wlogo.jpeg]
I am loving this DX segment
10/10 the NAO and Xpac.

rumors Angle in the back
WOW AJ the new GM? WTF....Can't say much because I'd hit it......
The Rock to face WWE Champion at Royal Rumble for WWE Championship....I gotta feeling that Cena will win tonight to set up a rematch between Cean and The Rock
LMAO It's always a good night when The Rock is in the ring
Stephanie is still hot
Lesnar/HHH at Summerslam

That's gonna be a hard one for me because I'm a fan of both
Damn Lita lookin fine.....

I was really hoping it was Stone Cold
APA....all the legends except Stone Cold.....god I am loving this
T a k e r

hell yes
I am Loving This!!

I would like to see one more time, Undertaker vs. Kane at Next Year's Wrestlemania
Punk retains due to interferrence by Show
Rock lays out Big Show and Punk lays out the Rock.

All in All it was a pretty good show.

Punk Turns Heel. J-Rod this is right up your alley
Strikeout King Wrote:WOW AJ the new GM? WTF....Can't say much because I'd hit it......

Strikeout King Wrote:LMAO It's always a good night when The Rock is in the ring

Strikeout King Wrote:Stephanie is still hot

Strikeout King Wrote:Damn Lita lookin fine.....

I was really hoping it was Stone Cold

I agree with you on every single word. I Was disappointed the rattle snake didnt make an appearance. At the same time, I actually got pretty excited about Lita, she was lookin pretty damn good. Brothers of Destruction was fantastic, DX delivered as always, all in all this was one hell of a RAW.
^ I read somewhere, maybe twitter that some news source was saying that there would be a stunner tonight on Raw but that was like couple days ago that it was said. I was disappointed that it didn't happen but all in all pretty good Raw.
Very good show.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I enjoyed the DX thing, and the Undertaker also, but I really wanted to see the beer drinking redneck Stone Cold Steve Austin , and btw the daniel bryan needs to go.
Strikeout King Wrote:^ I read somewhere, maybe twitter that some news source was saying that there would be a stunner tonight on Raw but that was like couple days ago that it was said. I was disappointed that it didn't happen but all in all pretty good Raw.

Yea Im thinking Road Warrior said it in an interview. But he was filming I suppose. Oh well, still a great show.
- Stone Cold Steve Austin is like the biggest superstar in the history of Monday Night Raw, and it hurt this show because he did not appear.

- Really liked the Triple H/Brock Lesnar segment, pretty impactful.

- D-X Reunion was fun...X-Pac look and sounded rough tho.

- The Undertaker returning was cool...but it really seemed like just filler, with a legend of Taker's stature...should have done something bigger.

- CM Punk heel turn is going to be a great thing eventually, he had become incredibly stale as a babyface...so it had to be done. He works much better as a heel.

- Poor Daniel Bryan got the bad end of the stick this show, got walked out on by A.J, Rock Bottomed by Rocky...and I guess is going to feud with Charlie Sheen now.

- Speaking of Sheen, I like Ol' Charlie...but I was pretty meh of his Skype sessions.

- Right now, I'm a little iffy on the whole A.J as GM thing...but we'll see how it progresses.

- Lita & Trish Stratus still look awesome.

- The Rock was awesome, and I love to see him getting more involved...I'm curious to see if they are going to do something with him before Royal Rumbler & Wrestlemania comes around.

- The Miz winning the Intercontinental Championship was alot better than The Miz winning one of the big 2 belts. Not a Miz fan at all.

Overall...a pretty fun show.

Some good moments and some bad.
I thought it would be better than a PPV. It wasn't! This show was nothing better than the hyped commercials they did leading up to it. Good, but nothing great. Nice to see some old faces, but I've been seeing old faces who have been doing more for the last month....
Stone Cold wasn't there because he had major knee surgery on his left knee on July 2.

Per Broken Skull Ranch Web Page, which is Stone Cold himself.

John Cena's MITB Championship match status

"Even though he won the match, Cena wound up on the wrong side of history at Raw 1,000. He will go down in the record books as the first Superstar to unsuccessfully cash in a Money in the Bank championship contract. Punk, on the other hand, has left every WWE fan trying to guess what's running through his head, and wondering whether he made a decision he'll come to regret if he's still WWE Champion heading into Royal Rumble … and The Brahma Bull is breathing down his neck."
The WWE can hype up any regular TV or PPV event to make it seem like Wrestlemania, The Royal Rumble, Survivor Series and SummerSlam are all rolled in to one.......

The WWE is probably the most popular it has ever been, BUT the on-air talent/characters are nowhere close to what they used to be. As with any type of 'sport', Characters make pro wrestling. And IMO, the on-air talent/characters are lacking.
Stone Cold is doing a segment in a movie in Africa. Grown Ups 2.
I wasn't that impressed.
Overrated Wrote:Stone Cold is doing a segment in a movie in Africa. Grown Ups 2.

He maybe but he also posted on his own site that he had knee surgery on July 2

http://brokenskullranch.com/archives/1142
^ i'm sure that had something to do with it as well.
^ yeah he said he was the one that made the decision not to attend because he wasn't gonna walk down the ramp on crutches
Pulp Fiction Wrote:The WWE can hype up any regular TV or PPV event to make it seem like Wrestlemania, The Royal Rumble, Survivor Series and SummerSlam are all rolled in to one.......

The WWE is probably the most popular it has ever been, BUT the on-air talent/characters are nowhere close to what they used to be. As with any type of 'sport', Characters make pro wrestling. And IMO, the on-air talent/characters are lacking.

Not even close to being at it's peak. In the 80's during the Hulkamania era, the buy-rates were above today's era with the exception of Wrestlemania and Summer-Slam. The all-time highs for PPV buy-rates was during the peak of the Attitude era in the 90's. During this same period, you saw WWE drawing 7.0's in television ratings, which is over 11 million viewers. At the same time, WCW was pulling in 6's, which was another 10 million viewers - ALL ON THE SAME MONDAY NIGHT. Today, the WWE is getting 3's consistently, or 4-5 million viewers. Since the attitude era died, 16 million viewers have tuned their sets to other choices.

Though I'd agree with you that characters make wrestling, good booking and more importantly - Competition does to. The issue with the WWE today, is the interest to the casual viewer is just not there. In the 90's, the pure wrestling fan was there, just like they are today. But the casual wrestling fan is who made up that 16 Million viewers. They heard the hype of two wrestling companies battling against each other, slandering each other, and the average Joe was intrigued. The NWO going against Stone Cold, The Rock and DX make for great television.

Though I have no way to prove this, I do contend that the television ratings for the WWE during the Attitude Era, with the greatest set of charecters the WWE ever had, would have been slightly better than they are today if WCW had not been around to give them competition.
^Agreed, but overall the total ratings would not have been as high if it were not for WCW. 21 million people would not have watched the WWF, but 15 million might have.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]