Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BluegrassRivals.com Preseason Mountain Five Finalists
My other 3 would be:

Carson Whitehead, LB/OL, Harlan County (need more linemen on this list)
Austin Black, LB, Pikeville (stats hard to argue)
Tony Messer, DE/TE, Belfry (ditto)
sportscritic Wrote:Betsy Layne
Austin Hall
109 carries for 1202 with 12 TDS
15 receptions for 303 yards 2 TDS
42 solo tackles 96 total tackles

Betsy Layne
Dylan Hamilton
94/157 1508 yards 11 TDS 60% completion percentage( why didnt they throw more?)

South Floyd
Weston Little
232 carries for 1830 yards 24 touchdowns (Best Running Back in Region) JMO

Allen Central
Sheldon Rice
54 receptions for 958 yards

Here are my nominees!

I say these because after seeing other numbers I feel better about these.

Thats what i said pre-season. They should have run a spread with the weapons they had.
It would be hard to justify run or spread. I think they had two thousand yard runners so it worked out. I bet they pull the trigger more,this year.
Competition? All teams play on high school level. Your argument can also be against you, because pikeville plays at a single a level. East ridge plays class 3 usually mean harder competition. Just saying!
Hyde from Clay is the most impressive player on list by far. UK signee and recruited by alot of big schools. Canady may be up at top also.
I think Sizemore will be improved this year but his 50% completion percentage needs to be alot better.
mr bojangles 007 Wrote:RB-justin johnson -belfry he is outstanding RB and most of his touches was in 2 quarters sit mostly by halftime played very little full games .only when needed.and was out about 3 games. given full play his stats would have been off the wall.the sophomore was as good as any RB in the region and by far the best in pike county

Johnson is already on the list. The first man that nominated, nominated JJ.
sheriff Wrote:Competition? All teams play on high school level. Your argument can also be against you, because pikeville plays at a single a level. East ridge plays class 3 usually mean harder competition. Just saying!
I realize this. And I what I mean by competition is by the competition in regards to your class. (Just for the sake of argument, there is no way ER had a stronger schedule than Pikeville at any point, ever.)

I have no clue why everyone gets so defensive? I meant no slight by that comment. The poster ended it with "hard to argue those numbers" or something to that effect, and I simply pointed out that in an award such as this, numbers will not be the only factor.
Bryson Williams - ATH - Prestonsburg
1593 all purpose yards
18 td's (1 kr, 5 rushing, 1 passing, 11 rec)
1 int
2 fr
52 tackles
sheriff Wrote:It would be hard to justify run or spread. I think they had two thousand yard runners so it worked out. I bet they pull the trigger more,this year.

LOL, i'm starting to think you have a BGR tracking device on me for when i post in a Betsy Layne thread. Almost every time i post in one your right behind me. This time 2 minutes lol. All i'm saying is they have a hellava QB and if it where me i would use it to my advantage. I know they had 2 very good RB's, but imagine if they got the pill in open space how much more dangerous they would have been.
sheriff Wrote:Competition? All teams play on high school level. Your argument can also be against you, because pikeville plays at a single a level. East ridge plays class 3 usually mean harder competition. Just saying!

He didnt even mention ER. Just because you play in a higher class does not mean you have a tougher schedule either. I can guarantee Pikeville played a tougher schedule than anyone in there district.
I guess we have similar jobs! I apologize for the stalking blackCat fan.lol
sheriff Wrote:I guess we have similar jobs! I apologize for the stalking blackCat fan.lol

:Thumbs: lol, your slipping. It took you 14 minutes this time.
#1 Blackcat Fan Wrote:Bryson Williams - ATH - Prestonsburg
1593 all purpose yards
18 td's (1 kr, 5 rushing, 1 passing, 11 rec)
1 int
2 fr
52 tackles

I would like to second this.
If you guys are considering Garrard in this, here are few to think about.....

#6 Billy Abney (QB)
100 completions/ 2005 yds/ 22 tds

#14 Garrett Caudill (FB/LB)
Blocking Fullback and 2-point conversion guy (14, 2-point conversions)
Did have 7 receptions for 88 yds
Fumble recoveries 2/ 129 tackles

#53 Dylon Worley (RT/DE)
100% both ways every game
2 blocked passes/ 2 fumble recoveries
78 Tackles
Here is Youtube video link on #53 Worley, if anyone wants to take a look:

mr bojangles 007 Wrote:RB-justin johnson -belfry he is outstanding RB and most of his touches was in 2 quarters sit mostly by halftime played very little full games .only when needed.and was out about 3 games. given full play his stats would have been off the wall.the sophomore was as good as any RB in the region and by far the best in pike county
Outstanding running back. "by far the best in Pike County" is a little harder to justify. I think as far as pure running backs, close between him and Chase Hall. Just depends on which skill set your offense is looking for, really. But that's not to take anything away from him. Wonderful player who deserves consideration for this list, definitely.
Throw these names in the hat , jarred lakes OL.DL Rockcastle County Chance Ansardi MLB.RB Rockcastle County
I take it we can't vote for our own school? If so, then mine would be...

Bryant - Whitley County
Whitehead - Harlan County
Canady - Knox Central
geauxtigers75 Wrote:I take it we can't vote for our own school? If so, then mine would be...

Bryant - Whitley County
Whitehead - Harlan County
Canady - Knox Central

You may vote for your own school. Bryant and Canady are already nominated though. Our little committee wasn't allowed to nominate from ours though.
Im really happy to see this thread getting some good attention, especially in late May where the ite is usually dead.

NOBODY will pick on someone for nominating a certain player. As Belfry0304 said, its your choice, let your voice be heard. No matter how big or small a player, if you think hes good nominate him, even if its from your home school and your only being a homer, but please try to be open and also mention some of the players you were most impressed with last year.

Lets keep this thread rolling guys.....great job so far.
Tony Messer (LB-Belfry)
Payton Mullins (LB-Belfry) 150+ Tackles last season
Cory Shouse (S- Pike Central/Breathitt?)
Keep up voting for a few more days. A couple guys are a vote away from moving into the top 3 and into the final 18. Even if they don't rank in the preseason 5 being one of 18 finalist is a braggable feat.
Cory shouse pike central/breathitt? TE/S
A sleeper to watch out for who was injured last year and missed most of the season is Grant Anderson ATH/Prestonsburg.
Thanks for the clarification Belfry0304. For my other 2 picks that haven't been nominated yet i'll go with...

Darryl Beatty - Perry Central
Bryson Williams - Prestonsburg
Shouse (Pike Central/Breathitt)
Kegan Robinson-Perry Central
Brandon Jones-Hazard
We currently have two tied for first place with five votes, the 3rd spot is up for grabs.

5 VOTES
T. Messer (Belfry)
D. Sizemore (Williamsburg)

3 VOTES
C. Whitehead (Harlan County)
B. Williams (Prestonsburg)
C. Shouse (Pike Central/Breathitt)

2 VOTES
P. Mullins (Belfry)
A. Black (Pikeville)
D. Beatty (Perry Central)

The vote ends at midnight, so if a guy even has one vote, three guys casting a vote for him could put him in the top 3. We'll have to make a tie breaker if someone doesn't get votes in.
Cory Shouse/ LB/TE - Breathitt County
Micheal Nelson----- North Laurel
Dalton Sizemore----Williamsburg
Byron Asher--------Pineville