Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top Teams for the 2012-2013 Season.
Bullitt East struggled with a much smaller Saint X this summer.... I doubt they win State this year. Look for Bowling Green High to win Region 4 over Warren Central.... Their guards have looked a lot more impressive this year.
Won by 20 without 2 starters is hardly struggling. St X is top 3 or 4 in the tough 7th next year.
UPIKEFAN Wrote:While historically you may be right, lately the 7th region (minus this past season) hasn't been the powerhouse you claim. I'd say that Shelby Valley, Elliott County, Knott Central, and Rowan County have more than held their own in the state tournament. You may want to go a bit farther back to bang the drum of the 11th and 7th as the only powers. Maybe Lex. Cath and Scott Co. and Ballard and Trinity and Easter and the rest should win a few in a row to make your statement ring true. You make the 14th,15th and 16th sound like the little sisters of the poor, but their representatives at Rupp lately have acquitted themselves just fine in comparison to those "all star" regions.

The hard facts are that the 7th and 11th are by far the two best regions in the state. Below is a list of Sweet 16 wins by region since 1995:

Region 7- 38 wins
Region 11- 33 wins
Region 10- 22 wins
Region 4- 19 wins
Region 6- 18 wins
Region 8- 20 wins
Region 15- 17 wins
Region 9- 16 wins
Region 3- 14 wins
Region 16- 14 wins
Region 1- 12 wins
Region 5- 12 wins
Region 12- 12 wins
Region 2- 11 wins
Region 13- 8 wins
Region 14- 4 wins

By the way the school that has won by far the most Sweet 16 games during this time period is Scott County with 22. Second is Mason County with 15. Ballard is third with 14.
How many of the wins by the 15th and 16th are in the past 6 years?
KnowledgeOfTheGame14 Wrote:I look for Mountain basketball to be really solid in the 14th and 15th again next year. The 15th will be loaded with 3 or 4 real solid teams. I lOok for the best 4 teams to be JC, East Ridge, Besty Lane, & Shelby Valley!! JC started 2 Soph and 3 Frosh so should be favorite. East Ridge lost Korey Thacker who averaged 2 or 3 Pts a game, they return Kasongo, Wolter, and Johnny Miller (best FR in the state ). So those two teams should be much better than others in 15th b/c Shane Hall is one of the states best!! BL and SV will maybe give them some solid competition though

At best maybe the top FR in the 15th. No where close to best FR in the state.
Flyer fan Wrote:Won by 20 without 2 starters is hardly struggling. St X is top 3 or 4 in the tough 7th next year.

That game was much closer than the score reflected.. They didn't pull away till the final minutes. Didn't know they were without 2 starters but they definitely still had their main pieces. If they are going to win state, they will have to do much better!
UPIKEFAN Wrote:How many of the wins by the 15th and 16th are in the past 6 years?

Region 15 has 6 Sweet 16 wins in the past 6 years
Region 16 has 7 Sweet 16 wins in the past 6 year

For comparison the 7th Region has 13 wins and the 11th region has 13 wins over this same time period.
rojas Wrote:Region 15 has 6 Sweet 16 wins in the past 6 years
Region 16 has 7 Sweet 16 wins in the past 6 year

For comparison the 7th Region has 13 wins and the 11th region has 13 wins over this same time period.

Of the 6 wins, 4 of those were in 2010. That means in the other 5 years the 15th only has 2 wins, not too strong in my books.
I'm no Newport Catholic fan by any means, but I think they'll be tough to beat for anybody in the state this year. Look for them in the Sweet 16.
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:Quite true. Often the 7th Region is superior to the field that makes it to Rupp arena. Trinity will be one of the top teams in the state regardles sof whether they get to the state tournament or not. And, if they do, they will be one of the favorites. Same way in football. Trinity's district is more demanding than is the rest of the playoffs.

It is a shame that the 7th Region and the 11th Region have so much talent and that only one team comes out of each of those regions while we have the weak regions like the 14th, 15th, 16th, etc. that really produce very little.

Didn't Rowan County the State Runners Up 2011 come out of the 16th and they make it to the Elite 8 last year.

Oh yeah thats right, Trinity has the opportuntity to steal players from all the surrounding schools. I'm just saying. :ChairHit:
8th is a 3 team race with Collins, S.Oldham, and Simon Kenton. 9th I like Cooper with what they got coming back and the addition of McNiel from Walton Verona, with NewCath a close 2nd.