Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prestonsburg getting Turf!
School system paid for the turf, but Pburg boosters used money that had been raised to purchase upgrades, like the checker board endzones, and the Oval "p" logo on the 50, like the helmet logo.
Would really like to see some pictures of the fields at prestonsburg and Betsy layne.
hsfan1785 Wrote:Turf is becoming more affordable with more companies being able to compete.

Eventually grass football fields will be the oddity. Anyone know if Pburgs soccer teams will be playing on the turf?
The attachment shows the plans for the turf at Prestonsburg.
Betsy Layne's turff
I like what other schools are able to do with end zones and midfield. With Pikeville sharing with baseball, it is pretty bland (Not that I overly care).
Pretty Cool. I bet it'll look nice when finished. I thought Betsy Layne was suposed to also get turf?
Betsy layne is getting turf also.
can you post Betsy laynes pic on a new post?
Love that oval P. I hope one day Belfry can get a Pirate head. They're holding off for some other things though.
I think Pburg football is about to become a whole lot better.
I don't see how a new playing surface will change how a team performs. The kids still have to go out and perform. Wins and Losses doesn't come from the team with the better looking facilites.

Also don't understand why so many schools are going to turf. Wasn't there many injuries in College/NFL contributed to turf? What are the advantages/disadvantages?

Lastly, I don't understand why the school system would spent so much money when they don't even have enough books for each student. My opinion, academics is much more important than a pretty little football field.
Better? They lost over 10 seniors. They have a couple of unsure positions like quarterback. I did hear they got a transfer from Sheldon Clark. I don't know if they will be better, but they will always be good.
Ike Cooter Wrote:I don't see how a new playing surface will change how a team performs. The kids still have to go out and perform. Wins and Losses doesn't come from the team with the better looking facilites.

Also don't understand why so many schools are going to turf. Wasn't there many injuries in College/NFL contributed to turf? What are the advantages/disadvantages?

Lastly, I don't understand why the school system would spent so much money when they don't even have enough books for each student. My opinion, academics is much more important than a pretty little football field.
The old turf, yes. New turf is probably about the same as grass when it comes to injuries from what i have heard. Advantages are the cost saving of maintenance to a field, every spot on the spot is the same, the WOW factor for sure in EKY, the ability to play in the rain without destroying the field/mud. Disadvantages, really all I can think of is the possible SLIGHT increase in injuries. Then there are minor annoying ones like how hot is gets in the sun, the pellets in your shoes, turf burn (nothing like old turf burn).

And the money spent is an investment. The turf pays for itself eventually with all the money that is saved from maintenance. And the football program makes a lot more money than the fifth period English class.
That field wont take long to pay for. However I just dont like turf lol.
Should be an advantage if you get Somerset in the Playoffs at P'burg.....Somerset has won one time in history the best anyone can remember on turf...it was last year at Hazard...before that they were 0-everything on turf.
It will help but I will miss the mud and dust.
:Sad04:
Anyone know the schedule for 2012?
Any new pictures?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
Havent seen any photos but I did drive by yesterday and it looks awesome. The checker board endzones are awesome. It appears they are nearly finished.
Saw it thursday it looks pretty sweet.
Saw it the other day and its really nice
I went by there the other day and they had half of the field done and it looked great it's going to be a great place to play I loved the endzone.
BlackcatPride Wrote:It will help but I will miss the mud and dust.
:Sad04:
Field looks really good. I am happy for the Players, fans ,visiting teams and Officials. Just think how it will cut down on the Brown Lung Claims, Oxygen and Inhalers. I don't think I could bring myself to let the guy ride the motorcycle. Just too expensive. Besides a Belfry linebacker might tear the bike up.Confusednicker:
One question really quick, Derek showed me some pictures of the field the other day at work and we got to discussing something. Will P-Burg continue paint the kids numbers in the endzones who were killed a few years back? If not that slightly disappoints me I always enjoyed going there and seeing that. I just noticed they were on there yet.
Overhead view
These photos were taken today 6-25-2012 The only thing they lack is trimming the end zones and adding the logo at the 50

Prestonsburg
[Image: http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc150...G_1243.jpg]
[Image: http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc150...G_1242.jpg]
[Image: http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc150...G_1241.jpg]
Those endzones are sweet! They're not going to put Prestonsburg or Blackcats or any writing over the checkerboard though are they ?
No, nothing else in the endzone. They are still going to put the big black oval with the Prestonsburg "P" on the 50 yd line.
This would be great if they get it.