Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawrence County wants to move to the 59th District
ozzy72666 Wrote:The 64th has four teams now Boyd Ashland Fairview and Rose Hill. Lawrence would make it back to 5 teams .

My bad... forgot about the addition of Fairview.
Personally I think this is the most Practical...

57th: Johnson Central, Paintsville, Lawerence, Sheldon Clark
58th: South Floyd, Prestonsburg, Allen Central, MAGOFFIN
59th: Shelby Valley, Betsy Layne, Pikeville, (leave it open for Pairist)
60th: Belfry, Phelps East Ridge, Pike Central
Lawrence County is stupid. Stay in the 57th, and keep the gas mileage low enough. There is no reasoning behind this.
Eagle Eye Wrote:Let me see if you can understand their thinking!!! 57th has five schools that compete at the top to the region in every sport and only send 2 schools to the region. 59th and 60th has three teams in their districts and send two of the three to the region. Most of the time one of those teams would be lucky to stay out of the 4/5 play in game in this district. Seems a little fishy that the Pike county teams want to keep it this way. Honest question PHS do you think its a fair set up????

You realize the 59th has dominated the 15th in the past decade? The 59th has won 8 Regional titles while the 57th has only won 2. Not only that, you also realize that ER-SV-PHS are within 30 minuets of each other..if that long?
KHSAA has put this on hold until the April Meeting
Hillbilly Heartthrob Wrote:Are you taking SV outta the region? haha
Oh good grief. Just realized I left them off the 59th. Ooops, of course not, enjoy having them here. Geesh, stupid typo to make and miss.
JCHS Alumni Eagle Wrote:Personally I think this is the most Practical...

You cannot put East Ridge in the 60th before putting Pikeville there. ER to Phelps would be a ridiculous trip.
I heard that East Ridge made a petition at the recent 15th region policy board meeting to be moved to the 60th. Nothing was voted on. Also Shelby Valley principal said they did not want Lawrence County in their district. Lawrence should have stayed in the 16th to begin with and how fair is it to the teams in the 57th which has five and a couple of the Pike County distrits have only three. Move them back to the 16th and settle the issue and oh by the way Sheldon Clark is not going anywhere.
Panther Thunder Wrote:You cannot put East Ridge in the 60th before putting Pikeville there. ER to Phelps would be a ridiculous trip.

It is a 40-50 minute trip. Same as to Pikeville from Phelps.
Panther Thunder Wrote:You cannot put East Ridge in the 60th before putting Pikeville there. ER to Phelps would be a ridiculous trip.
Actually, maybe 30 minutes along the back road that goes past Feds Creek.
PHSForever Wrote:Actually, maybe 30 minutes along the back road that goes past Feds Creek.

If you want your players puking....:Shaking:
While I understand that any change or move Of Lawrence Co. would be inclusive of both sports. My comments are with respect to Baseball. My opinion is that the best interest of LC baseball would be by their going back into a much tougher 16th region. The reasons have been well taken by previous posters. I only post to assure that readers not think that Lawrence County is somehow dodging the teams of the 16th. A review of the past 5 seasons show LC with a healthy schedule in the 16th. They played 34 games in this period with 16th teams. Most of those years games were played with Boyd Co.,Greenup Co., and Ashland. In 2012 while handcuffed with a mandated 12 game series in the district, the "Dawgs "have 10 games set. Boyd,Ashland, and Greenup are in that number. I understand that coach Feltner voted for the 57th series and he is the coach and has his reasons. I would have preferered to have had the series as in the past with return to the LIT and Fayette co. Invitational. I fully understand the youth of the squad and the losses from2011. The payday would come at a later date.
mr.charlie hustle Wrote:I only post to assure that readers not think that Lawrence County is somehow dodging the teams of the 16th. A review of the past 5 seasons show LC with a healthy schedule in the 16th. They played 34 games in this period with 16th teams. Most of those years games were played with Boyd Co.,Greenup Co., and Ashland.
Has nothing to do with regular season play and you know that. I'm not trying to run it into the ground, but that is a weak argument.

As for earlier, I stand corrected on the ER to Phelps issue.
PHSForever Wrote:Actually, maybe 30 minutes along the back road that goes past Feds Creek.

That road is abhorrent. I wouldn't drive my ATV over it. Much less a bus full of kids.

Speaking of the situation though (see image 1)

[Image: http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk122...Region.png]

Lawrence County (northern point) East Ridge (southeast point).....it just is a waste of money
ozzy72666 Wrote:The 64th has four teams now Boyd Ashland Fairview and Rose Hill. Lawrence would make it back to 5 teams .

Is Rose Hill still included?
Real Badman Wrote:That road is abhorrent. I wouldn't drive my ATV over it. Much less a bus full of kids.

Speaking of the situation though (see image 1)

[Image: http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk122...Region.png]

Lawrence County (northern point) East Ridge (southeast point).....it just is a waste of money

Like i said , look how far the people from SV would have to travel haha...it's crazy
funny how everyone mentions travel times. these teams play each other every year anyways. so what's the difference? i will tell you what the problem is. teams like pikeville like to keep things the way it is because having lchs to move to the 59th district means that they will be in the region every year and so will paintsville and johnson central. pikeville likes to take their floyd and pike county teams to the regional baseball tourney because they beat up on them and it makes it easier. with one less getting there and lchs, paintsville, and johnson central all being there makes it harder. that's the problem. has nothing to do with cost or travel or geography.
Paintsville, Johnson Central, and Sheldon Clark are closer to Lawrence than the 64th district schools are. Its smarter to be in the 15th than the 16th. They just need to stay where they are. The 15th region needs a total realignment with the two 3 team districts down toward Pike county. Magoffin needs to move to the Floyd Co. district, and Betsy Layne can move down to the 60th. Makes more sense finacially for everyone
Geographically speaking it's not the best idea. People tend to forget that these kids have to go to school the next morning.
lchsalumnus Wrote:funny how everyone mentions travel times. these teams play each other every year anyways. so what's the difference? i will tell you what the problem is. teams like pikeville like to keep things the way it is because having lchs to move to the 59th district means that they will be in the region every year and so will paintsville and johnson central. pikeville likes to take their floyd and pike county teams to the regional baseball tourney because they beat up on them and it makes it easier. with one less getting there and lchs, paintsville, and johnson central all being there makes it harder. that's the problem. has nothing to do with cost or travel or geography.

You are correct sir! You are absolutely, positively on the nose!
JCHS Alumni Eagle Wrote:Personally I think this is the most Practical...

One thing nobody is considering is the fact that South Floyd and Allen Central will be combining.
lchsalumnus Wrote:funny how everyone mentions travel times. these teams play each other every year anyways. so what's the difference? i will tell you what the problem is. teams like pikeville like to keep things the way it is because having lchs to move to the 59th district means that they will be in the region every year and so will paintsville and johnson central. pikeville likes to take their floyd and pike county teams to the regional baseball tourney because they beat up on them and it makes it easier. with one less getting there and lchs, paintsville, and johnson central all being there makes it harder. that's the problem. has nothing to do with cost or travel or geography.
Once, MAYBE twice a year they play (not counting baseball). If they were in the same district, you would have home and away games, district tourney would rotate, etc. I guarantee you a lot fewer fans will travel from LC to Pikeville or Shelby Valley and vice versa for district tournaments. It's be a loss financially for the hosting schools each year. Playing LCHS every year in baseball has nothing to do with it, they've done it for a while. Just another poster hating on Pikeville and buying into the conspiracy theory that Pikeville wants to keep some kind of little fiefdom going or whatever you want to call it. Plain and simple, it does not make sense geographically, financially, or with respect to the kids and fans.
A majority of the people that have a problem with it is Pikeville as I can tell. On the baseball perspective this would be a good move for LC but the Basketball perspective it wouldnt be bad either cause of all the young talent coming up in both.
Pikeville just isn't ready for their district to be taken over by LC....lol
Doesn't matter where you're from, I'm telling you I have a problem paying for the gas mileage. They obviously don't teach economics in Lawrence County.
LC_Dawgs Wrote:A majority of the people that have a problem with it is Pikeville as I can tell. On the baseball perspective this would be a good move for LC but the Basketball perspective it wouldnt be bad either cause of all the young talent coming up in both.
Pikeville just isn't ready for their district to be taken over by LC....lol
Maybe because we're smarter financially. Be a cold day in Hades when LC "takes over" any district Pikeville is in, especially in baseball. That is showing your ignorance.
I am from the SV area and i assure you I do NOT want to go to LC more than once a year lol
^ I am from LC and I assure you... the feeling is mutual as to coming to Pike County. Confusednicker:
PHSForever Wrote:Maybe because we're smarter financially. Be a cold day in Hades when LC "takes over" any district Pikeville is in, especially in baseball. That is showing your ignorance.

Exactly. They sure as heck won't take over in basketball either.
Really don't know why LC would want to be in the 59th, but if they think it will put more trophies in their trophy case they are sadly mistaken. All they will have to show for the move will be skyrocketing gasoline bills and a lot more sleepy kids at school.
LCDawg Wrote:^ I am from LC and I assure you... the feeling is mutual as to coming to Pike County. Confusednicker:

Stop going on about it then :Thumbs:
^ I have never went on about it in the first place. :Thumbs:

Anyone who has ever saw a post from me on the topic knows I don't want LC to move to the 59th. I think it is absurd...