Poll: Who you got?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
San Francisco
100.00%
New York Giants
0%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
San Francisco vs. New York Giants
73-yard TD pass to Vernon Davis.
The Giants didn't watch the game tape of SF/NO?
So much for covering Vernon Davis.
Alex Smith was 5 of 5 for 2 touchdowns when targeting Vernon Davis 11 air yards or more downfield in the Divisional Playoffs and 0 of 2 targeting other 49ers receivers. Davis has been Smith’s go-to-guy on such throws all season, reeling in 9 of Smith’s 18 30-plus yard pass plays
Vernon Davis remembers Rolle well from Rolle's Arizona days. They used to go at it.
Ed Hochuli pulled a larynx there. Nice explanation. Do we get footnotes made available online?
I've seen three receivers score this season only to get taunting-type calls. Wide receiver/tight end coaches should hold a read-along of the NFL rules on what you can and can't do in the end zone. Might prevent some of that garbage.
The 49ers were the best field-position team in the league this season. Davis' penalty there hurts.
Looks like Rolle either thought he was going to have help or he was expecting something else on that play, kind of let Vernon go through almost.
I guess I just don't understand why they're not hitting Davis at the line, the way they did with Finley last week.
Tough to fire the ball. Should just lob to Vernon Davis.
Nicks not moving that shoulder too much.
Referring back to the 4th and 1 where the 49ers stuffed Brandon Jacobs, this season on 3rd or 4th down with 3 yards or fewer to gain, the 49ers allowed 9 yards on 19 rushes (0.47 yards/rush)
The 49ers sent five pass rushers on that throw to little avail. In week 10, the 49ers sent five or more pass rushers on 30.2 percent of Manning's dropbacks, and Manning went 9 of 11 against such pressure, with 11.0 yards per attempt and one touchdown.
Was that a pump fake? Or did Eli just stop himself mid-throw then change his receiver?
For the season, 49ers sent 5+ on 20 percent. That 30 percent was third-highest rate of the season.
Had him....too much mustard on that pass
My guess here is that the pass rush, both ways, has been affected by the wet field. For Giants, if they can't get to the passer, they will allow the SF receivers to get past them.
Who does Alex Smith think he is? Randal Cunningham?
Vernon Davis down to plus-43 in net yards for the day
We are seeing the 49ers' run game get going. Huge for them if they can sustain it.
Gore keeps pounding away!
Eli Manning is 5 for 6 on third down passing so far today, with three of those receptions going to Victor Cruz for 54 yards.
Did Smith decide to keep that on his own?
Smith running more than SF should want now though
Smith isn't a slouch at running... he's pretty good off that option
Smith is a vastly underrated athlete, but that can't be a foundation of the O
Nice job SF taking the penalty there, rather than waste the timeout, which you see QBs do at times.
this is why i love the playoffs. always worth the wait when you get to divisional games. these two are some of the best games we will see in a while. hope you are all enjoying it like i am. amazing action this weekend. just amazing.
Who let Cruz out of the slot? I thought he was grandfathered to the inside alignment?