Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kentucky AP All State Team
Kyle Bolin should be on this list as 2nd Team - at worst Honorable Mention. He is arguably the best pure Quarterback in the state. Towles is very deserving of all the accolades and is the best Football player in the state. But Bolin is a close second at the quarterback position.
The_OC Wrote:Kyle Fuller from Holy Cross?

Agreed! This kid is legit.
Amazing that Fort Campbell has two players and Louisville Central, which mopped the floor with them, had just one.
PlayMaker3 Wrote:When is the Courier-Journal All-State team announced?
If I remember correctly, usually around Christmas weekend
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
BoondockSaint Wrote:And that is why the Courier-Journal All-State team (coaches selection) has long been the more repsected of the two all-state listings.

With that being said, congrats to all that made the team, especially Keegan Fields (1st team OL) and Josh Dixon (2nd team DB) of Belfry.

Not complaining but I feel Dixon could have just as easily been a 1st team selection as anybody in the state.

Perhaps more respected by you. But if you knew the politicing, vote swapping ("you vote for mine and I'll vote for your's") and regional block voting that goes on with the coaches selections, you might not feel that way about the CJ All State team. I know those things happen because numerous high school football coaches have admitted to me that it happens.

Both have some odd selections and both have some glaring omissions each year. Some years the AP team looks more in line with my thinking; other years the CJ team looks more in line. Both have bad flaws in the selection methodology.

Anyone that puts any significance in either team or gets upset when a certain player is omitted is being foolish in my opinion.
Tica Wrote:Amazing that Fort Campbell has two players and Louisville Central, which mopped the floor with them, had just one.

Even more shocking, the one Central had only played two plays in Bowling Green. The two LB's Francis and Styles looked like all staters to me...
no Southwestern kid's atleast honorable mention:HitWall:
COngratulations to the young men that made the squad, Im not taking anything from them someone saw fit for them to be there and they are deserving, Im amazed yes being from Mayfield that they did not field a honorable mention selection, Jackson and Scott was hurt but my Higginson definately shined, but again no Harmon from Tilghman, no Hazard players, and yes they selected Nussbaum(Max) as linebacker but really he could be a multi purpose offensive star on anyones squad in the state.Joe Staten from Beechwood is a good linebacker too that should be there but I guess I understand that it has only so many slots but just stressing my class A and western ky feelings
RebzHouse Wrote:Kyle Bolin should be on this list as 2nd Team - at worst Honorable Mention. He is arguably the best pure Quarterback in the state. Towles is very deserving of all the accolades and is the best Football player in the state. But Bolin is a close second at the quarterback position.

I think your right
Jarons Wrote:If I remember correctly, usually around Christmas weekend

This year it will be Christmas day .
Killer in the Sun Wrote:I'm sure these are all good football player's but no Jonathan Jackson, JD Harmon both are 1st team talent and neither are honorable mention. It's a joke.

Yea seems like those two should have been mentioned, especially Jackson
Pig Jones Wrote:no Southwestern kid's atleast honorable mention:HitWall:

Grammar? :HitWall:
CONGRATS to KENTAYVUS HOPKINS All State 2ND TEAM RB he also represents the "FILTHY ANIMALS" !!!!
first off congrats to all the kids who made it and secondly congrats to travis davis from ac even though I feel there were more deserving people from ac to make the list like Travis Phillips or Seth Carmichael or Ethan Kelly but you guys had a good season and I'm glad at least someone on the team got the recognition the team deserves
Alright- it does look like Hazard and Pikeville got screwed! We all know that both teams are loaded with talent. How could you over look them? How could you over look a kicker for Pikeville that averaged 70 plus +++++ kick-off yards vs 60 plus???????
How could you over look great QB's like Hazard and Pikeville both had?
How could you over look the outstanding running backs that Eastern KY has?
Shafted & Screwed!!!
Since Jason Hatcher from Trinity is not on there nobody can be mad. He is the #5 DE in the nation in class of 2013 #2 overall prospect in the state next year behind teammate James Quick. He also led the Rocks this year in sacks & tackles for loss.
It's up to each local media outlet to submit names for voting. Several of those outlets did not submit names. That could be a reason for some players being left off the list.
Jackson for Mayfield was not nominated for the team.
MayfieldCardinal Wrote:I was disapointed that Mayfield's Jonathan Jackson was not even nominated. In fact as it turns out. None of the kids from the Jackson Purchase region were nominated by the local media

The coaches are supposed to nominate them.
Congrats to Cody Lawhun and Michael Mustard from Lewis County making Honorable Mention as DLinemen. They both deserved it but I thought Lawhun may have at least deserved second team. Had he played for a bigger school and still had 34 tackles for loss and 20 sacks, he would have.
charlie22 Wrote:Perhaps more respected by you. But if you knew the politicing, vote swapping ("you vote for mine and I'll vote for your's") and regional block voting that goes on with the coaches selections, you might not feel that way about the CJ All State team. I know those things happen because numerous high school football coaches have admitted to me that it happens.

Both have some odd selections and both have some glaring omissions each year. Some years the AP team looks more in line with my thinking; other years the CJ team looks more in line. Both have bad flaws in the selection methodology.

Anyone that puts any significance in either team or gets upset when a certain player is omitted is being foolish in my opinion.

I know that what you said is true, and even with that the CJ All-State team is a more accurate list of the top players in the state, year in and year out.
BoondockSaint Wrote:I know that what you said is true, and even with that the CJ All-State team is a more accurate list of the top players in the state, year in and year out.

I would disagree.................nothing from the CJ could really be considered all that accurate. Journalism is, for the most part, dead. Newspapers as a whole have become nothing more than a collection of opinions that may or may not be truthful, reasonable, or even accurate. There is no longer NEWS in newspaper. They should begin selling them in the supermarket checkout lines.

By the way.....Where is Nick Britt......honorable mention at least......COME ON MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Again guys, if a coach doesn't nominate their kid, then they have no possibility of getting on here. Some coaches don't nominate their kids. Sad but true.
LClion4life Wrote:Again guys, if a coach doesn't nominate their kid, then they have no possibility of getting on here. Some coaches don't nominate their kids. Sad but true.

Is there any way to view a list of those nominated?
Will Tom Collins, TB/LB, Breathitt county. How could he not be at least honorable mention? He was as good as any player in Eastern Kentucky.
laker20 Wrote:Is there any way to view a list of those nominated?

Publicly no, but if you were one of the 15 voters or a close friend of one of the voters, then yes.
LClion4life Wrote:Again guys, if a coach doesn't nominate their kid, then they have no possibility of getting on here. Some coaches don't nominate their kids. Sad but true.

The coaches do not nominate for the AP All State Team. Media members nominate 15 players and then the all members vote on the nominated players from the entire state.
Redneck Wrote:The Mountains were well represented this year. Congrats to all those "good ole boys" who got the honor.

:Thumbs:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
I'll dedicate my 1000th post to a Storm Wilson congratulations! Very deserving player and I'm proud of the effort and overall play he put forth for Somerset football. Congrats Storm, I'll miss seeing you in a Somerset uniform!

Post 1000! :Clap:
How is Jonathan Jackson not on this team??? Unbelievable!