Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top mountain team ?
^ I'm just too irrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrestistible!
I SEARCHED THE FORUM FOR THREADS WITH "IN THE MOUNTAINS" IN THE TITLE

http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/sea...=25&page=2

There were 117 threads, here are the first 50

Bell Co #1 in the Mountains per WYMT.
Top 10 teams in the mountains??
Top 10 teams in the mountains
Rating The Mountains
Top 10 In The Mountains Preseason
Best team in the mountains??
Best Teams in the Mountains
Best Team in Mountains 2009

Who is some of the top freshmen in the mountains?
best offensive linemen in mountains?
The best LB's in the Mountains?
Best fball ever in the mountains??? Whos your team??
Best overall player in the mountains???
best QB in the mountains????
Who is the best player in the Mountains?
Top 10 programs in the mountains since 2000?
Mountain teams don't leave the mountains
Best WR's in the Mountains...
Who is the best quarterback in the mountains?
Best DB in the mountains
Who Runs the fastest 40 in the Mountains?!?
Who is the best QB in the Mountains this season?
Best Backfields to watch for in the Mountains
Where are the Mountains ???
Who are the stat leaders in the Mountains so far?
Best uniforms in the Mountains
Best Concession Stand in The Mountains
Best O-Linemen and D-Linemen in the Mountains?
Best Defense in the Mountains?
Top up-and-coming players in the Mountains?
Best Ball Boy in the Mountains this year
Best Holder In The Mountains
Toughest schedule in the Mountains?
Who should get Coach of the Year in the Mountains?
Best Backfield in the Mountains
Why is Basketball favored over Football in the Mountains?
Best Offense for Football in the Mountains?
Game of the Week in the Mountains?...(Week 7)
Game of the Week in Mountains?
Best QB in the Mountains
The Hottest Teams in the Mountains
Ranking Football Stadiums in the Mountains
Top Receivers in the Mountains?
Who are Some of the Best Running Backs in the Mountains?
Who are Some of the Best Signal Callers in the Mountains?
Toughest Schedule in Mountains?
Top 10 QB's in the Mountains
Top 10 Players in the Mountains
:biglmao::biglmao::biglmao::biglmao::biglmao::biglmao::biglmao::biglmao::biglmao::biglmao::biglmao::biglmao::biglmao::biglmao::biglmao::biglmao::biglmao::biglmao::biglmao::biglmao::biglmao::biglmao::biglmao::biglmao::biglmao::biglmao::biglmao::biglmao::biglmao::biglmao::biglmao::biglmao::biglmao::biglmao::biglmao::biglmao::biglmao::biglmao::biglmao::biglmao::biglmao::biglmao::biglmao::biglmao::biglmao::biglmao:

Get a life!
ekff Wrote:^ I understand but one thing is for sure.... Bell, Belfry, Breathitt, Hazard, JC, Harlan were all very good football teams and the mountains should be proud of all the teams.

I was on the road listen to the Hazard game pulling for them
all the way and i am happy for those boys and there fans.
I think Hazard has to be at #1 right now, they are the only team from the mountains to win a title, no they didn't play Central, but does it matter? they won the game, Belfry didn't. I think its a toss up between Bell-Belfry. I say it's a toss up because of the fact that yes, Central did shut bell out, and put up 26 on them, but to be fair, Wales wasn't avaliable the entire game vs. Belfry. like most mountain football fans, I'd absolutely love to see Bell and Belfry hook up with each other in the reg season, any day over Bell-M'boro.
Not trying to be mean, but what constitutes Johnson Central in the mix? I didn't follow them, didn't read any threads about them other then the Perry Central/JC thread.
Patriot Wrote:Not trying to be mean, but what constitutes Johnson Central in the mix? I didn't follow them, didn't read any threads about them other then the Perry Central/JC thread.

They beat Belfry at CAM. I think it has got to be Belfry, sure they didn't have to play against Wales but how many defensive snaps did Wales get against Bell Co.?
RoShamBo Wrote:They beat Belfry at CAM.

That says something. You have to be 230493104912 points better than Belfry to beat them at Cam.
RoShamBo Wrote:They beat Belfry at CAM. I think it has got to be Belfry, sure they didn't have to play against Wales but how many defensive snaps did Wales get against Bell Co.?

Impressive!
I beg to differ Belfry played with central 2 out of three times.:biglmao:Sure its hard to compete with a big city school but after what I seen saturday central is not the best team in 3A next year Bell or Belfry Or Brethitt,orGarrard will be. To the thread congrats Hazard for you big win,but you could not beat Bell or Belfry and lost to brethitt so they cant be the best in the mountains. So I will say only cause Belfry lost to JC and Belfry played Central better than Bell; JC,Belfry,Bell, Brethitt,Hazard just cause you won a 1A champ dont make you better:eyeroll: (I love Hazard though great job).
I also dont agree with Bell and Belfry or Brethitt in regular season. Its something to look for in playoffs.LSU, Alabama seen it move on.
start by saying great job hazard 1a state champs. now by no means because you won the single a championship does that mean you can beat every other team in your area ,you had a good run at state in 08 but johnson central won that match up 55-17 there is a big and i mean big difference in 1a and 3a and a even bigger difference there on up. hazard had a great year live it up but because you win in one class dont make you king of the mountains
BellCoFaithful Wrote:I think Hazard has to be at #1 right now, they are the only team from the mountains to win a title, no they didn't play Central, but does it matter? they won the game, Belfry didn't. I think its a toss up between Bell-Belfry. I say it's a toss up because of the fact that yes, Central did shut bell out, and put up 26 on them, but to be fair, Wales wasn't avaliable the entire game vs. Belfry. like most mountain football fans, I'd absolutely love to see Bell and Belfry hook up with each other in the reg season, any day over Bell-M'boro.

99% of the time I agree with you...but I have to disagree this team and say Hazard 1a, Belfry 1b...with Bell at #2. Wales didnt play more than a few snaps against belfry....but if Wales wouldnt have taken a snap against Bell County, they would have still been shutout. Ive gotta say, Ive been wanting to see Bell-Belfry in the regular seaon for as long as I can remember.
eagle8966 Wrote:start by saying great job hazard 1a state champs. now by no means because you won the single a championship does that mean you can beat every other team in your area ,you had a good run at state in 08 but johnson central won that match up 55-17 there is a big and i mean big difference in 1a and 3a and a even bigger difference there on up. hazard had a great year live it up but because you win in one class dont make you king of the mountains
I'm pretty sure at the time Hazard beat Mayfield,they was ranked high in all classes combined.
if i just go by what they do in the mountains. it would would look like that. i still would put JC in the top 5. because they lose to PCC.

1. Bell
2. Harlan Co
3. Belfry
4. Hazard
5. SW
6. PCC
7. JC
8. Somerset
9. Knox
10. Pikeville

the mountains vs the state. what i was going by. the only team from the mountains that done anything vs non mountains teams, was Hazard. that way i put them at #1
Blau Vogel Wrote:I SEARCHED THE FORUM FOR THREADS WITH "IN THE MOUNTAINS" IN THE TITLE

http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/sea...=25&page=2

There were 117 threads, here are the first 50

Top 10 teams in the mountains??
Top 10 teams in the mountains
Rating The Mountains
Top 10 In The Mountains Preseason
Best team in the mountains??
Best Teams in the Mountains
Best Team in Mountains 2009

Who is some of the top freshmen in the mountains?
best offensive linemen in mountains?
The best LB's in the Mountains?
Best fball ever in the mountains??? Whos your team??
Best overall player in the mountains???
best QB in the mountains????
Who is the best player in the Mountains?
Top 10 programs in the mountains since 2000?
Mountain teams don't leave the mountains
Best WR's in the Mountains...
Who is the best quarterback in the mountains?
Best DB in the mountains
Who Runs the fastest 40 in the Mountains?!?
Who is the best QB in the Mountains this season?
Best Backfields to watch for in the Mountains
Where are the Mountains ???
Who are the stat leaders in the Mountains so far?
Best uniforms in the Mountains
Best Concession Stand in The Mountains
Best O-Linemen and D-Linemen in the Mountains?
Best Defense in the Mountains?
Top up-and-coming players in the Mountains?
Best Ball Boy in the Mountains this year
Best Holder In The Mountains
Toughest schedule in the Mountains?
Who should get Coach of the Year in the Mountains?
Best Backfield in the Mountains
Why is Basketball favored over Football in the Mountains?
Best Offense for Football in the Mountains?
Game of the Week in the Mountains?...(Week 7)
Game of the Week in Mountains?
Best QB in the Mountains
The Hottest Teams in the Mountains
Ranking Football Stadiums in the Mountains
Top Receivers in the Mountains?
Who are Some of the Best Running Backs in the Mountains?
Who are Some of the Best Signal Callers in the Mountains?
Toughest Schedule in Mountains?
Top 10 QB's in the Mountains
Top 10 Players in the Mountains

Exactly what does it matter to you?
I dont understand why it would bother you, you dont have to read the threads.
I do understand what your saying, but WYMT Sports Overtime and that program has what made it like this. Its a privalege for teams in the mountains to be considered for a spot on there top 10, and kids love that as it might be the only chance they get exposure and a chance to be on t.v.
The simplest way i can put it is that its a mountain and EKY thing and you wouldnt understand.
Mix that with the fact that more times than not, teams in the mountains are usually very even, especially among the same classes and even amongst different classes.
Its also a part of the state where city-county games actually mean something and those games are a lot more exciting to go to IMO then going and watching a St. X-Trinity or Highlands-Elder Matchup.

Theres a lot of pride in these communities and it shows in the mountain area more then anywhere else in the state when it comes to a football team where the only thing to do on a friday night is watch a football game.
WideRight05 Wrote:Definition of Mountain Team: Can't compete with the rest of the state...especially with the big boys!!!

I dont even know how to reply to your ignorant post.
Your not even good at trolling.
1. Bell (Youve got to beat them first, if were talking about mountain teams)
2. Belfry
3. Harlan County
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:1. Bell (Youve got to beat them first, if were talking about mountain teams)
2. Belfry
3. Harlan County

We have to play first so make to the championship game and we
will see Belfry and Bell hasn't played in more than ten years so don't
make them the king of the mountains yet until we play they would
have beat us last year but i don't thank it would have happened
this year so let's call even until they play.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I dont even know how to reply to your ignorant post.
Your not even good at trolling.

Which means, I've done my job. Thank you buddy! :1:
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:We have to play first so make to the championship game and we
will see Belfry and Bell hasn't played in more than ten years so don't
make them the king of the mountains yet until we play they would
have beat us last year but i don't thank it would have happened
this year so let's call even until they play.

Like it or not, there still king.

If Bell would have been in the east and Belfry would have been in the west they would have been playing in BG just like Belfry was.

Over the last 10 years while Belfry has lost some games to mountain games, Bell hasnt and has even beat some of the programs that Belfry has lost to.
Its not Bells fault that the two arent playing and it isnt Belfrys either, so you cant blame it on that.

Bell is still king.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Over the last 10 years while Belfry has lost some games to mountain games, Bell hasnt and has even beat some of the programs that Belfry has lost to.

If you want to have any shot at this argument I would narrow your focus down from ten years to maybe the last 3 or 4.

In the past 10 years:

Belfry has appeared in 5 State Finals and won 2 Championships, they have went to the Semi's 7/10 times. Of the 5 State Finals the Pirates did not appear in, they lost to the eventual State Champion twice. Of the other three losses, two were to the eventual State Runner-Up.

Bell's success isn't even in the same hemisphere in the past ten years. Bell has one Championship in one Final appearance.

You can try and argue that Belfry "wouldn't have those numbers if they had to face Highlands like Bell", but the truth of the matter is that the closest Bell ever came to defeating Highlands in that stretch was the same year that Bell got beat fairly soundly by a Pburg team that Belfry defeated twice in that same season
In all honesty, there's no way to truly answer this because they don't all play each other on the field. Makes for fun discussion, I agree, but in the end, we all just have to agree to disagree. Hazard had a tremendous year, as did Belfry. Bell County lived up to their standards even after Dudley Hilton moved on. Breathitt County and Harlan County saw success, Pikeville returned to their expected level of quality play. Lots of proud and happy fans in the end, but to say that one team has to be chosen as the best, you can't really do it. We can argue about it, but who's right??? Like saying who is the best QB of all time?? There will be opinions, but no way to honestly answer it.
between hazard, belfry bell co and harlan county........................Hazard did what no one gave them a chance........belfry came almost as close as u can to winning a championship but it wasnt meant to be......bell county will be back...........harlan county gelled too early and lost their momentum in the playoffs................pretty much too close to call.........Id go with hazard and belfry in the top 2.......................It would be good to see these teams play in the future outside of bell and hc maybe a 4 teams over 4 years or something I dont think it will happen but it would be nice to see
everthing think Bell and Belfry is king of the mountains. they can have that title. no matter what anyone think, they either be king of the state. Hazard is king of the state in 1A. Belfry almost king of 3A, but fell up short. Bell Co. and Harlan Co wasn't shit, when it come state wide this year.