Poll: Who wins ?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Hazard
52.54%
Pikeville
47.46%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville @ Hazard 2011 State Semis
IF.. Hazard gets by Pikeville

Hazard's senior class.....

Fr. - State Runner-up
Sp. - Semi's - Lost on a last second TD pass @ LCA
Jr. - State Runner-up
Sr. - State -----

What a run anyways win or lose to pikeville.
My heart says Pikeville but my head says Hazard.

Pikeville has had a nice season and the program seems to be headed back in the right direction but I say Hazard at home by 14+.
is the seizmore kid out/hurt?
Mastadon89 Wrote:is the seizmore kid out/hurt?
I believe he plays for Williamsburg.
^^ good deal thx
I think its going to have a lot to do with the first half. From what I saw this year Hazards players have a tendency to fall apart if they start off behind.
Im no hater though, and love to see local teams doing well. Good luck to Mark D and the Bulldogs this Friday. Ill probably ride up and watch the game myself.

So with that said Im going to say the Bdogs come out fired up and win 27-14
csabo17 Wrote:I think its going to have a lot to do with the first half. From what I saw this year Hazards players have a tendency to fall apart if they start off behind.
Im no hater though, and love to see local teams doing well. Good luck to Mark D and the Bulldogs this Friday. Ill probably ride up and watch the game myself.

So with that said Im going to say the Bdogs come out fired up and win 27-14
Pikeville all year has been a 2nd half team, minus Belfry and Swain, so if they can weather the storm in the first half, I think it gives them a better chance.
Was looking back and I' noticed Pikeville hasnt been to Hazard since 2005. In 2005 the Bulldogs won 52 to 26 over Pikeville. It shall be there first trip in 6 years back to hazard to take on the bulldogs. Hope all the Pikeville faithful like the new field and enjoy themselves friday as no matter who wins a mountain team will be representing the mountains in class A. I think this shall be the 4th hazard game ive been to this year as i went against somerset and lca and p-burg at prestonsburg. I must admit that Pikeville has gotten better with each game theyve played as well but so has hazard and they seem to keep getting better like Pikeville has.
hope its as close as everybody is hoping.
Side Note: I am sure both teams are thrilled to return to turf.
Hazard-21
Pikeville-8
Pikeville will lose.
RAMBAIT
Resident BGR crybaby, enforcer, wanna be thug!

^^^
:biglmao:
RAMBAIT Wrote:Pikeville will lose.
This, as Raceland and Fairview have found out, is not the Pikeville team of recent years past. They have heart and resolve in abundance, as well as a good defense capable of rising to the moment. The offense, when clicking, is hard to stop. I honestly think they have a very real chance this year, even at Hazard. I'm going with the Panthers in this one, but it will be close.
Good Luck Panthers!!
csabo17 Wrote:I think its going to have a lot to do with the first half. From what I saw this year Hazards players have a tendency to fall apart if they start off behind.
Im no hater though, and love to see local teams doing well. Good luck to Mark D and the Bulldogs this Friday. Ill probably ride up and watch the game myself. So with that said Im going to say the Bdogs come out fired up and win 27-14

The only game you could be talking about was the Somerset game. And saying they fell apart is kinda misleading. They got beat 14 to 0 but was inside the redzone at least 5 times. Give credit to Somerset defense.

Wear Blue and Gold!!!
In all honesty. i don't know i have never seen Hazard play.
Pikeville 31-28
Amun-Ra Wrote:Hazard big.
I don't know about big, but I'll take Hazard by a touchdown or two.
If Hazard doesnt catch fumbleitis like they did against Mayfield last year, they will beat Pikeville by 3 tds. Hazard has a lot of athletes that Pikeville has no answers for.
Pikeville can win this game. If Pikeville comes out and plays football like they are capable of playing, then the Panthers win in a close one.
HAIL PIKEVILLE!!
i played D end this year against both teams while both had very excellent lines which are senior dominated... but i will give the slight edge to pikeville do to the way the execute traps and G/T..... so my prediction is pikeville
Pikeville 24
Hazard 16
warmachine Wrote:If Hazard doesnt catch fumbleitis like they did against Mayfield last year, they will beat Pikeville by 3 tds. Hazard has a lot of athletes that Pikeville has no answers for.

Pikeville has a ton of good athletes too and Hazard won't have an answer for all of them either. Check Hall and Estep's numbers against Fairview last
week when Fairview was keying on Maynard. You will be shocked when you see that Pikeville has as many athletes as Hazard.
I have been hoping for this matchup since the playoffs started and I think this is the year for Pikeville!! Although, with Hazard being at home they do have an advantage but, I will be rooting for Pikeville all the way and I think that the Panthers have the heart to overcome and win this one!

Pikeville - 28

Hazard - 27
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
warmachine Wrote:If Hazard doesnt catch fumbleitis like they did against Mayfield last year, they will beat Pikeville by 3 tds. Hazard has a lot of athletes that Pikeville has no answers for.
You obviously haven't seen Pikeville play this year, particularly from mid-season on. Pikeville has plenty of athletes themselves.
Game is getting closer and the excitement is growing. How big of a crowd will the Pikeville faithful be bringing?
Big. Will know more tomorrow about fan bus, etc maybe.
Pikeville is a very hot team right now but I'm going with Hazard in this one.

Hazard-42
Pike-28
Let's go Panthers!

Pikeville and Belfry head to Bowling Green to represent the mountains and Pike Co!
:Thumbs::Thumbs:
HarleyD Wrote:Let's go Panthers!

Pikeville and Belfry head to Bowling Green to represent the mountains and Pike Co!

That would be great to see a two headed monster from Pike Co. representing the mountains.:Thumbs: