•  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Highlands vs Johnson Central
Real Badman Wrote:I wanna know more about this Johnsonville team.

I hear they make a pretty mean Bratwurst.
Stardust Wrote:^ Don't knock Inez, that's where my dad lives

Wildcatk23?

WHAT !!!!! :yikes:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
zaga_fan Wrote:pussycatk23?

Confusedinglepar
[quote=Wideleft01]Is it true that Johnson has a good player or two who live in Inez, Ky?
really?

Loved it there. One of my favorite road trips over the years as a Highlands fan. I've been a Sheldon Clark fan ever since that game.
Can you dig it? Wrote:Loved it there. One of my favorite road trips over the years as a Highlands fan. I've been a Sheldon Clark fan ever since that game.

I guess you haven't saw the new field then
I somehow knew that this thread would be out before the other first round games are even played today (Saturday). My fear was that Wideleft would start it. Fear realized. Explains why it's already up to multiple pages.

My take on the game.

Jude has been held in check this year (at least according to his lofty standards) by good defenses. Highlands has a good defense. So Jude will likely get some yards but doubtful that JC can score enough to pull out a win.

JC's defense has given up some points this year. Highlands can score a lot of points. Barring any severe weather issues, Highlands will score a lot of points in this game.

Prediction: Highlands 60 JC 20
tradition Wrote:Sorry Wideleft but Cincy St. X in '09 was a much better game than Johnson Central in '09. No comparison.

Totally agree with you. No way JC was better than X in 09. However, I do agree with wideleft that JC was the best team we played last year.
HHS wins big! Towels is the real deal! JJ will keep JC close early! The birds (blue) 48, the other birds(gold) 14 .
Wideleft01 Wrote:Can someone post the youtube video of Collinsworth run in the 09 Johnson game when the Johnsonvillle player cheapshotted a Highlands lineman in the back of the legs who was celebrating the run 20 yards up field? One of the dirtiest plays I've ever seen.

I might leave the couch next week, put on my Highlands letter jacket, and go sit in front of the Johnsonville cheerleaders.

If it was a cheap shot then the only regret from us Johnsonville fans is that we wish it would have been you that received that hit!!!:Cheerlead
Wideleft01 Wrote:Is it true that Johnson has a good player or two who live in Inez, Ky?

Is it true that Thomas has a few good players from Cincinnati, Florence, all the surrounding cities???Confusedhh:
toolaidback Wrote:Don't worry, most of the arrogant ones don't go to the games, they listen to them from their warm living rooms and become armchair quarterback online. The "real" Highland fans are great fans and are extremely passionate about the game.

I have met some and they are great people and true fans with a lot of class. It is ashamed that wideleft01 is even connected to your fan base.
This game is at Highlands isn't it? I feel sure with their record it would be however I have seen at least one case where Perry Central has a better record than Southwestern but plays at Southwestern. Good luck to all the mountain teams. Great game by Jude and Johnson Central this week.
There are class less idots who get on here and post wild comments. They are a disgrace to their team. True football fans post classy comments and enjoy great talent on either side.

As a JC fan I have enjoyed the series with HHS, they have made JC a better team and a better program. As a UK grad and fan I look forward to watching Towles as a Wildcat, we need more KY players.

Players work hard every day and read these post so we need to be mindful of all the comments we make. JC is very young this year, and you could say not as strong as in years past. Highlands is loaded. JC will make the trip to Ft. Thomas and play hard, you can count on that. They respect HHS, but they will not be intimateded. Every trip these young players make to big venues like HHS only makes our program stonger. This may not be our year, but we have a pipeline loaded full of talent and HHS is one of our targets.

Good luck to both teams.
It all looks like the game is over shoiuld we not travel to Highlands? It appears the game is over but we still must make sure Highlands Won.
im pretty excited about this one. JJ Jude vs P Towels. hope its not cold

Jude is all I know about JC really. Is he the whole show? if so Highlands has a pretty good record against one dimensional teams. The defense (with tremendous team speed) can totally shut down one thing and force the team to use different less effective weapons.

Towels will throw at least 2TDs and run for another

HHS 42
JCHS 20
This Highlands team is way more prolific scoring team than they were last year. This teams offense can put numbers up fast and have exposed weak defenses all year long. Johnson Centrals defense has given up more points to better teams this year than they did last year, thus it appears that the Eagles defense is not as good as the one that held the Birds to 21 last year. There is no way that Highlands is held to 21 this year. Highlands will score 35, and I cannot see JC putting up that many against the Birds defense!
obxcrazy Wrote:It all looks like the game is over shoiuld we not travel to Highlands? It appears the game is over but we still must make sure Highlands Won.

I think the game is this friday. The 'Birds will be the only ones making sure that the 'Birds will win.

If JC is going to take it they will need to gobble up loads of time, play crazy D, get a little lucky in the turnover column, and find creative ways to get JJ Jude the ball that the birds havnt seen on film.
Wideleft01 Wrote:Can someone post the youtube video of Collinsworth run in the 09 Johnson game when the Johnsonvillle player cheapshotted a Highlands lineman in the back of the legs who was celebrating the run 20 yards up field? One of the dirtiest plays I've ever seen.

I might leave the couch next week, put on my Highlands letter jacket, and go sit in front of the Johnsonville cheerleaders.

I don't think you'll sit in front of the cheerleaders with your Highlands jacket on, and if you do I'd say one of the dads of one of the players or cheerleader dads will see to it you don't sit very long. I've done business in and around the Paintsville area for years and I think some of those ole boys would take issue with you.
White Feather Wrote:I don't think you'll sit in front of the cheerleaders with your Highlands jacket on, and if you do I'd say one of the dads of one of the players or cheerleader dads will see to it you don't sit very long. I've done business in and around the Paintsville area for years and I think some of those ole boys would take issue with you.

yeah the grown man / letterjacket / visitor cheerleader watching is def creepy. Doubt he is serious. Highlands stands are generally respectful no worries.
FTH will win by as much as they choose to do so.
Everyone is picking Highlands big but I think this one will be a little closer then people think. Matney will have his boys ready to play this Friday but Highlands will just be too much.

HHS-35
JC-21
Wish I could be at this game. Unfortunately we'll have some of our own buisness to attend to. hope the birds pull it out anytime you have a player like Jude you have a shot. would love to see the eagles back in putnam next week good luck jc
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:Wish I could be at this game. Unfortunately we'll have some of our own buisness to attend to. hope the birds pull it out anytime you have a player like Jude you have a shot. would love to see the eagles back in putnam next week good luck jc

Glad to see a Tomcats fan pulling for the Highlands BlueBIRDS!Confusedhh:
Blau Vogel Wrote:Glad to see a Tomcats fan pulling for the Highlands BlueBIRDS!Confusedhh:

Ha ha my bad had a brain fart lol I do usually pull for highlands unless they are playing someone from this area. But for the fact that if Ashland and JC win Ashland has a home game. Gotta pull. For JC. But I also would be excited getting to play a great program such as highlands
Those Johnson folk are a spirited bunch. What's the over and under on flasks in the stands?
birdman44 Wrote:im pretty excited about this one. JJ Jude vs P Towels. hope its not cold

Jude is all I know about JC really. Is he the whole show? if so Highlands has a pretty good record against one dimensional teams. The defense (with tremendous team speed) can totally shut down one thing and force the team to use different less effective weapons.

Towels will throw at least 2TDs and run for another

HHS 42
JCHS 20

Jude is the whole enchilada for JCC stop him stop JCC. Ashland held him to under 80 yards an completely dominated them both sides of the ball. Ft thomas should have no problem with them.
Wideleft01 Wrote:Those Johnson folk are a spirited bunch. What's the over and under on flasks in the stands?

I am not sure I can say jackass on BGR or not, but Wide, you are a jackass. When the JC fans visited us a few years ago, I found each and every one I met to be the best...and I didn't see one flask. Are they nutty about their team? They sure are! They have every right to be.

I, myself, love to needle the fans of other teams, but I hope that they understand it is all in fun and I wish to apologize if anyone feels I have been disrespectful. You seem to know a little bit about football, but you don't know how to be civil.
44 carries from Jude like always and a 50 to 7 loss for JCC cause a good team does no let one player beat them.:biggrin::yawn::biggrin::yawn:
  •  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next