Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boyle 28 Knox Central 14
kyrocklover Wrote:Final. No offense to Knox fans but Boyle should have cruised in this game. Hopefully we got the turnovers out of our system.

NO OFFENSE-three of your 5 fumbles were take aways-Fact-NO OFFENSE you had no answer for KNOX running game 2nd Half---yes Boyle is a Great team and they have one of the Best coaching staff's in KY==but NO offense KNOX played one -half of football tonite--WE are learning how to go on the road and play against teams and traditions like Boyle and to nite our kids learned you have to play the whole game and must play great to beat a program like Boyle--but No Offense we will see you next year and have learned alot from this--Great team good luck and I hope nothing but the Best for the REBELS---Coach Hester is a CLASS ACT----TongueirateSho
I thought all 5 fumbles were takeaways. Knox did a great job of stripping the ball. Especially in the red zone. Canady proved to be unstoppable in the second half, but you have to play 4 quarters AND it takes more than one person to beat Boyle. I look forward to seeing Knox again next year. Hopefully in a later round. Good luck next year.

And yes, Coach Hester is one of my favorites of all time. He and Coach Mason are both favorites of mine and I will always have their backs. Love both those dudes.
Knox's offense looked pretty good. Their defense wasn't at the same level. It's hard to believe Boyle could run so easily on them all night.
rockfan11 Wrote:according to the radio announcer, knox had 6 turnovers also

Knox had 3 turnovers all around midfield.
Football1 Wrote:Congrats to Boyle on a nice win. You have a strong team. As for the notion that this one could have been a running clock - that is on only offensive it is rediculous. Boyle fumbled because we made plays in crucial spots. On the other hand, we failed 3 times inside our own 20 to punch the ball in. Instead of talking about how this "could have been a blowout" Boyle better be thankful they got out of this with a win instead of a heartbreaking second half come from behind win by KC because that is exactly what nearly occurred. I was so proud of our team to come out in that 2nd half and put up a fight. Kudos to the Boyle coaches for seeing our big DT was out injured and exploiting that trap - that is what great coaches do and we failed to stop it all night.

Best wishes for the rest of the playoffs.

You do realize Boyle was in the same shape, right? Thielmann was likewise injured for the Rebels.

Anyway, congrats to Knox Central for showing great heart and fight and having a very good season.
Wideleft01 Wrote:I hope so. I like going to Boyle. Plus Highlands needs to pummel Boyle to show you how hard you need to work this winter.

Your arrogance becomes you.:blabbermo
if both teams are heathy and both teams are clicking, Boyle still wins and would win by 14 or more.. Knox is not at Boyle level yet..
know1 Wrote:Knox's offense looked pretty good. Their defense wasn't at the same level. It's hard to believe Boyle could run so easily on them all night.
Our offense is pretty good thats why we ran all over you the second half! That is besides the point. Good luck to Boyle and it's fans!
Congrats boyle and Congrats knox on a good year.
Jack Lambert Wrote:This game could have very easily been a running clock in the second half,Boyle had 5 fumbles lost all 5, 3 of them inside Knox centrals 4 yd line.one interception return for a TD called back.they got to take care of the ball from here on out.i heard the stats on the radio after the game Boyle had 599 total yds on offense.no offense to knox,but this game was in no way as close as the final score would indicate.
Thats what mediocre teams do pal, make a lot of mistakes!?!? Boyle may survive another week, but then they are done!!
Looks like both offenses showed up.

Knox Central had 332 yds and 220 of them on the ground.

Boyle was unbelievable with 547 yds of offense themselves.

http://www.centralkynews.com/amnews/spor...6865.story
Black Bear Cuz Wrote:Thats what mediocre teams do pal, make a lot of mistakes!?!? Boyle may survive another week, but then they are done!!

I guess wideleft has two screen names.Confusedhh:
I was suprised how well Boyle ran the ball, did Knox have any D lineman out ?
Black Bear Cuz Wrote:Thats what mediocre teams do pal, make a lot of mistakes!?!? Boyle may survive another week, but then they are done!!

If your talking about a possible matchup with Lex Cath, you haven't been quite on the mark with those predictions either. Does the quote below ring a "Bell"? (no pun intended)

"I agree with the great game part, but I believe BG gets brought down to earth!!"

LC - 24
BG - 21

Mediocre????

Boyle is 8-3. Their record vs in-state opponents (10) is 63-44. 5 of their opponents are still in the 2nd round of the playoffs.

Harlan County is 10-1. The record of their in-state opponents (8) is currently 30-46 with only one opponent still in the 2nd round of the playoffs.

I have a very good idea of how terrific Boyle's record would look vs. a Harlan County schedule. :please:
rednack Wrote:I was suprised how well Boyle ran the ball, did Knox have any D lineman out ?

I heard on page one of this thread that they were missing a key D Lineman.
Castle was out and Tyler Grubb came out the second Qtr
redstorm Wrote:if both teams are heathy and both teams are clicking, Boyle still wins and would win by 14 or more.. Knox is not at Boyle level yet..

Like stated earlier Canady was very good. Came as advertised. Offense was impressive at times but the difference was the Knox Defense. They did cause a couple of fumbles with some great penetration but for the most part Boyle stopped Boyle. Knox played hard and wish them luck next year.
Hatz Wrote:Looks like both offenses showed up.

Knox Central had 332 yds and 220 of them on the ground.

Boyle was unbelievable with 547 yds of offense themselves.

http://www.centralkynews.com/amnews/spor...6865.story

If Knox Central can put 220 yards rushing on Boyle, Rockcastle County might have a chance. They do not have the speed in the backfield that Knox Central does, but they have the power and the O-Line.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LWC Wrote:If Knox Central can put 220 yards rushing on Boyle, Rockcastle County might have a chance. They do not have the speed in the backfield that Knox Central does, but they have the power and the O-Line.

If Muntz and Theilemen can't go then Rock will have a very good chance. Time for somebody to step up for BC.

Hahahahahah.........beat Bell and we'll talk.
They are 3A now right ??????
64black&gold Wrote:Hahahahahah.........beat Bell and we'll talk.

I have a feeling that Harlan fans like him are the reason the Bell faithfull have such a hard time giving Harlan the "respect" they always complain about.
LWC Wrote:If Knox Central can put 220 yards rushing on Boyle, Rockcastle County might have a chance. They do not have the speed in the backfield that Knox Central does, but they have the power and the O-Line.

I think Rock has a very good chance of beating Boyle. But if we are looking for how each did against KC, the stats wouldn't support it too well.

Rock ran for 214 yds vs. KC while Boyle went for that with one player.

The Rockets allowed over 300 yards and 40 points to the Panthers while Boyle surrendered comparable numbers but far fewer points.

I still expect a huge battle when they hook up Friday. :Thumbs:

And what poor to mediocre Harlan team do you support that you think is better than Boyle.:blabbermo
deleted
Hatz Wrote:You do realize Boyle was in the same shape, right? Thielmann was likewise injured for the Rebels.

Anyway, congrats to Knox Central for showing great heart and fight and having a very good season.
Nope, had no idea. My point was that one play literally accounted for some large percentage of Boyle's offense. The inside trap killed us all night right up the middle. That play would have been stuffed at least half the time if Grubb was there. He is a 310 pound 4 year starter who plays that DG position as good as anyone in the state. He rolled his ankle early and sat 3 quarters of the game. His backup was already playing with a bad ankle and could not help him much as he was limited to playing offense only.

The bottom line is I take exception to the notion that "it could have been a running clock". Doom on that. It could have been the worse loss in the first round of the playoffs in recent memory for Boyle had we got our business done in the red zone. And that is how our team, our fans, and our coaches will remember this game. And if Boyle is smart they will too.

I'm pulling for Boyle to pull the upsets and go the distance. Boyle is a classy team that plays with speed and aggression. 6 is a smack talker which I could do without, but when you pick two off and run one back, I guess you get to run your jaw if that is your style. 10 is as good as I've seen this year at LB. He reminds me of Matt Robinson from Perry but even faster... Boyle's mindset was evident in the way they played. Even when we challenged them with great play they responded. That is what great programs do. I know we are getting there and I believe that game will help us get to that point.
The game i watched last night should have been a running clock.Don't wine about injuries it's football they happen.our best lineman Thielman played at about 40% last night,and didn't play the whole game. our best tight end Mason didn't play at all because of a MCL injury from last week.Zach Hester played with a bad hamstring last night.at this time of the year players have got to suck it up and play or hang up thier cleats until next year.I don't care if you like it or not the game was not as close as the score would indicate.
Jack Lambert Wrote:The game i watched last night should have been a running clock.Don't wine about injuries it's football they happen.our best lineman Thielman played at about 40% last night,and didn't play the whole game. our best tight end Mason didn't play at all because of a MCL injury from last week.Zach Hester played with a bad hamstring last night.at this time of the year players have got to suck it up and play or hang up thier cleats until next year.I don't care if you like it or not the game was not as close as the score would indicate.
Cool - you have every right to your opinion. Mine happens to differ. And btw - nobody here is whining. We lost to a better team. I saw us drive the ball right down Boyle's throat with no issue an multiple drives. Team who beat other teams by the margin to get a running clock don't allow that. We had moments in this game where it clearly looked like we were going to tie the game - not a running clock type situation.

Keep telling yourself you are that much better than a team that almost handed you your hat on your own field... That will be what helps Rock or Lex end your season. That team would be better served to go figure out why this running clock team was really running the rock on them...
Look i'll give Knox credit they didn't quit they kept fighting,and they have a good team,but if you think they could or should have won this game it's all in your head.Boyle dominated the game.