Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central vs Rowan County (Updates)
Blau Vogel Wrote:Actually he was still in when it was 65 - 0 in the first half.

First of all, I don't get to decide when a player gets pulled from MY team. Secondly, Mueller believes in (right or wrong) playing his starters for the first half and one series in the blowouts. After that, it is all about the backups.

What kind of numbers do you think Towles, or Guidugli or Lorenzen would put up playing 15, 4 quarter games a year? I think all three are happy with the state championships they helped their teams win.

Just as JC fans don't decide either. Secondly does it make any difference if a teams scores 58 points in the second quarter or the fourth.
Old School Wrote:If I remember correctly your starting QB was still playing against PC with the score 58-0.

As we say aroound here "that's the pot calling the kettle black".

Highlands has pulled starters as early as over 5 mins left in the first half, to very early in the 3rd quarter. People are not upset about the scores of Highlands or JC games (they are just that much better than the teams they are playing), they are upset because JC leaves starters in for 4 quarters in blowouts. You are not going to have people sing JJ's praises when he is ringing up huge numbers in the 4th quarter against such inferior teams. I feel sorry for JJ because the coach is turning people agianst a great athlete.
Armchair QB Wrote:What is it about our lowly little football team, that inspires Highland Fans to hi-jack every JC thread on here?

Who hi-jacked your thread? Who started talking about Highlands? YOU DID! I just think it is wrong to do a "kind of" onside kick when your team is far superior to your opponent.
Blau Vogel Wrote:Who hi-jacked your thread? Who started talking about Highlands? YOU DID! I just think it is wrong to do a "kind of" onside kick when your team is far superior to your opponent.

Where have I ever said anything about Highlands?
old school Wrote:just as jc fans don't decide either. secondly does it make any difference if a teams scores 58 points in the second quarter or the fourth.

absolutely!!!

Highlands scoring average: First half 44 Second half 17
Old School Wrote:Just as JC fans don't decide either. Secondly does it make any difference if a teams scores 58 points in the second quarter or the fourth.

Yes, you put up points early to leave no doubt in the other teams mind who is the better team, crush any hope the other team had , and sub early and show good sportsmanship.
I just hope JJ can put up good numbers against Covcath so that we can have the "carhart bowl" of Johnson Central at Highlands.
Everyone knows Jude puts up half his numbers in the 2nd half against also rans.
sstack Wrote:Highlands has pulled starters as early as over 5 mins left in the first half, to very early in the 3rd quarter. People are not upset about the scores of Highlands or JC games (they are just that much better than the teams they are playing), they are upset because JC leaves starters in for 4 quarters in blowouts. You are not going to have people sing JJ's praises when he is ringing up huge numbers in the 4th quarter against such inferior teams. I feel sorry for JJ because the coach is turning people agianst a great athlete.

Gosh, with all the heartache it puts you through, I cant help but feel so sorry for you too, knowing that you just have to get on JC threads and endure all that pain over and over again.:eyeroll:
Armchair QB Wrote:What is it about our lowly little football team, that inspires Highland Fans to hi-jack every JC thread on here?

Highlands fans know good football and keep track of teams they feel like they will see in the playoffs. You should be glad HHS fans are following your team, it means they are good (I bet most fans only know a handful of the 4A teams with JC being one of them). The fans of HHS and other teams respect your athletes and very good football program, they just do not like the stat padding and lack of sportsmanship late in games with very big leads. Like I said in another post, I feel sorry for the JC athletes; a lot of people want to cheer for JC, but their coach makes it hard to like them with his coaching style.
Armchair QB Wrote:Where have I ever said anything about Highlands?

sstack Wrote:Highlands fans know good football and keep track of teams they feel like they will see in the playoffs. You should be glad HHS fans are following your team, it means they are good (I bet most fans only know a handful of the 4A teams with JC being one of them). The fans of HHS and other teams respect your athletes and very good football program, they just do not like the stat padding and lack of sportsmanship late in games with very big leads. Like I said in another post, I feel sorry for the JC athletes; a lot of people want to cheer for JC, but their coach makes it hard to like them with his coaching style.

We appreciate your "concern" for our athletes. I am sure they will be ok though.
Bob Seger Wrote:Gosh, with all the heartache it puts you through, I cant help but feel so sorry for you too, knowing that you just have to get on JC threads and endure all that pain over and over again.:eyeroll:

I am not losing any sleep over it! I get on the threads because I am a fan of a team in 4A, and last time I checked, JC is a top team in 4A (and if you go back and look from the beginning of this year, I picked JC to go very far in post season. In fact, I think I am giving them more praises than you have all year).
Armchair QB Wrote:We appreciate your "concern" for our athletes. I am sure they will be ok though.

It's touching isn't it!!!
sstack Wrote:Highlands fans know good football and keep track of teams they feel like they will see in the playoffs. You should be glad HHS fans are following your team, it means they are good (I bet most fans only know a handful of the 4A teams with JC being one of them). The fans of HHS and other teams respect your athletes and very good football program, they just do not like the stat padding and lack of sportsmanship late in games with very big leads. Like I said in another post, I feel sorry for the JC athletes; a lot of people want to cheer for JC, but their coach makes it hard to like them with his coaching style.

Sums it up for me. Like their team, like their fans, really put off by their coach. Don't know him personally, and he might be a great guy, but his coaching style (stat padding) really puts me off. If Jude gets hurt in one of these games where he should not even be in the game, some of the more knowledgeable JC fans will get together and choke the crap out Matney.
Armchair QB Wrote:We appreciate your "concern" for our athletes. I am sure they will be ok though.

I know they will be ok, but don't you want your program, coach,and school to be respected across the state? Or do you just want to win football games and not teach sportsmanship and character?
sstack Wrote:I am not losing any sleep over it! I get on the threads because I am a fan of a team in 4A, and last time I checked, JC is a top team in 4A (and if you go back and look from the beginning of this year, I picked JC to go very far in post season. In fact, I think I am giving them more praises than you have all year).
You can spare us all the BS there Super Sport. Just another chance for you and your arrogant little buddies to "show em how we do it up here".
Armchair QB Wrote:Where have I ever said anything about Highlands?

The YOU was not meant YOU specifically. Look back, I never brought up Highlands...Other non-Highlands posters did. Those were the YOU's I was talking about.
sstack Wrote:I know they will be ok, but don't you want your program, coach,and school to be respected across the state? Or do you just want to win football games and not teach sportsmanship and character?
I can assure you they are taught sportsmanship, character and HUMILITY.
sstack Wrote:Yes, you put up points early to leave no doubt in the other teams mind who is the better team, crush any hope the other team had , and sub early and show good sportsmanship.

Good sportsmanship? Score 40 points in the first quarter and have a running clock most of the second quarter while keeping the starters in until halftime, you think that's good sportsmanship.
sstack Wrote:I know they will be ok, but don't you want your program, coach,and school to be respected across the state? Or do you just want to win football games and not teach sportsmanship and character?

Personally, I'm sure I am just like every other fan of every other school in the state of Kentucky. I really dont care what you and your arrogant little bunch think about anything.

Just who exactly made you the definer of what is sportsmanlike and character is anyways? My, but dont we just feel so important.
Bob Seger Wrote:You can spare us all the BS, there Super Sport. Just another chance for you and your arrogant little buddies to "show em how we do it, up here".

No BS at all and you know it. Like I said go back to any JC thread and I sing their praises. I wish we played JC in regular season, because they would give HHS fans a good game to watch. Funny how defensive some JC fans are, that they can't even see that a HHS fan is singing praises about their team. I can like the quality of your program without agreeing with everything your coach does.
Blau Vogel Wrote:The YOU was not meant YOU specifically. Look back, I never brought up Highlands...Other non-Highlands posters did. Those were the YOU's I was talking about.

Thanks for explaining what you means? Look back I never said anyone brought up Highlands. I ask why do all the Highland posters, like YOU get on every JC thread and question everything we do?
Yeah, a coach who posts consecutive shutouts against horrible teams by scores of 68-0, 79-0, and 77-0 is such a beloved character compared to Coach Matney.

Like Bob said, it really doesn't matter when points are scored in a game. Matney begins subbing early in games where he sees an obvious mismatch, instead of running the score up with his first team entirely intact. That is why JC rarely records shutouts, despite having some strong defensive teams over the years.

Highlands fans who refuse to criticize Coach Mueller's tactics really are the last ones who should be lecturing Coach Matney about sportsmanship.
sstack Wrote:No BS at all and you know it. Like I said go back to any JC thread and I sing their praises. I wish we played JC in regular season, because they would give HHS fans a good game to watch. Funny how defensive some JC fans are, that they can't even see that a HHS fan is singing praises about their team. I can like the quality of your program without agreeing with everything your coach does.

If you want to root for another team that appreciates your concern, feel free.
Old School Wrote:Good sportsmanship? Score 40 points in the first quarter and have a running clock most of the second quarter while keeping the starters in until halftime, you think that's good sportsmanship.

Yes! Have you seen a game that is a running clock for the entire second half? It is over in a blink of an eye, so that a game that is a true mismatch does not drag on and embarrass either team ( I believe in tonights game, each team only had the ball twice on O in the second half).
Armchair QB Wrote:Thanks for explaining what you means? Look back I never said anyone brought up Highlands. I ask why do all the Highland posters, like YOU get on every JC thread and question everything we do?

Because they love HS football and follow teams all over the state.
None of my comments have been derogatory toward JC. I don't like the onside kick in that situation. Not by JC, HHS, Male, or Fred's Lube and Dance Academy (I had to throw one private school in there)
sstack Wrote:Because they love HS football and follow teams all over the state.

Suuuurrrrre they do.:eyeroll:
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Yeah, a coach who posts consecutive shutouts against horrible teams by scores of 68-0, 79-0, and 77-0 is such a beloved character compared to Coach Matney.

Like Bob said, it really doesn't matter when points are scored in a game. Matney begins subbing early in games where he sees an obvious mismatch, instead of running the score up with his first team entirely intact. That is why JC rarely records shutouts, despite having some strong defensive teams over the years.

Highlands fans who refuse to criticize Coach Mueller's tactics really are the last ones who should be lecturing Coach Matney about sportsmanship.

And what tactics would that be? The reason that HHS has more shut outs than JC is that HHS has more depth and there 2nd and 3rd string can keep the shutouts.
Blau Vogel Wrote:None of my comments have been derogatory toward JC. I don't like the onside kick in that situation. Not by JC, HHS, Male, or Fred's Lube and Dance Academy (I had to throw one private school in there)

Questioning the character or class is not derogatory? Anyways great defensive effort by JC tonight. I think they held Wing to less than 50 yards passing.