Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville 92 - Johnson Central 68
25 for Landon and 24 for J.D.
I think Rice (JCHS) had 22 or something like that...very very very physical game.... but overall the atmosphere and everything was amzing as usual... the Paintsville PEP Section really stepped it up... great job guys!
"EastKYReporter" Wrote:Will Paintsville be able to carry the momentum on for the district tournament?

They keep playing TEAM ball like they did tonight they will.

"cardsfan" Wrote:I can't wait for tourney time so everyone can watch the Tigers crash and burn!!!

They play TEAM ball like they did tonight they won't crash and burn.

Great job tonight boys, keep playing like you did tonight you won't any problems winning the district and region.

:dance:
Great job tigers
congrats pville, yall had this game from the beginning. Awesome first quarter!
Good Job Guys...i Told You I Would Have Faith In You, And You Know Who You Are!!
-78-
Probably the best all around game Paintsville played all year. They started out the 1st qtr. on fire, they were nailing the 3's and they were getting out on the fast break like it was nothing. The offense and defense were both clicking, Tigers had 54 at half and held JC to 27. Even rebounding was excellent for Paintsville and thats were they've had a big problem this year but they were up to the challenge. Tigers maintained the momentum and they remained to shoot the ball great and kept JC out of the game and more importantly there fans. The atmosphere was electric and with the fanbase how it was, I was hoping it would be a close and exciting game. But Paintsville got the W and #1 seed in the District! Congrats to Paintsville. Hopefully JC can bounce back from a loss like this.
Congrats Tigers.
Since they are the #1 seed in the distict who will they play?
How McCarty do?
rice had 26 in the game but IMO i believe JC could have had a chance to beat p-ville if they hadnt had a horrible 1st quarter. at the end of the first pville was up 32-11. somepeople at the game where saying that JC wasnt playing defence but the real reason was that pville came out shooting great at one point i beleve they shot 4 straight shots without missing.
"catsfan072" Wrote:Congrats Tigers.
Since they are the #1 seed in the distict who will they play?

Well considering that theres 5 teams in the 57th (Paintsville, Johnson Central,Sheldon Clark and Lawrence Co.) Paintsville might get a 1st round bye
McCarty played average, nothing special last night.
From what i saw, J.C. should have given up the press earlier than they did.. it wasn't working for them. and that's bad, cause from what i saw paintsville don't really have any excellent ball handlers. Bundy can pass one handed pretty good, but that's about all.
No secret to what JC does. They are the most predictable team in the 15th. That's the problem with this bunch. He may have experience but he has struggled with adjustments.
Wow! Good win Paintsville.. Congrats
Paintsville did come out hot...shooting 68 percent in the first quarter when in all reality it seemed like 100 percent!!! I think Starns is a very good coach, but his adjustments aren't there. I also heard through the grapevine that he walked out of practice Thursday evening.
JC will be back MARK my words
i also heard that starns walked out of practice any one have the details?
Wow! Great game Tigers! That had to be the best game I have seen them play since the Lex Cath game in '96. BMR has the team playing like they are supposed to. When his point gaurd scores under 10 pts. a game, and dishes the ball like Matt R. did, then they are tuff to beat. Good job Daniel.
Congrats Paintsville!!! Great win!!

Some of these posts crack me up!!!
OMG the tigers are dominant
JC Will Get Them In District Play...Paintsville Is A Good Team But Not Good Enough...These Boys Will Be Focused By Districts...I Think The Biggest Mistake Starns Made Was Putting Murray In Time After Time With His Own Crowd Behind Him Begging Him To Leave The Kid Out...All He Did Was Foul And Turn The Ball Over...Rice I Think Had 27 Points And 6 Rebounds
How did macarty do?????
"JC_Eagle_Fan" Wrote:JC Will Get Them In District Play...Paintsville Is A Good Team But Not Good Enough...These Boys Will Be Focused By Districts...I Think The Biggest Mistake Starns Made Was Putting Murray In Time After Time With His Own Crowd Behind Him Begging Him To Leave The Kid Out...All He Did Was Foul And Turn The Ball Over...Rice I Think Had 27 Points And 6 Rebounds

Not good enough?? lol man thats definitely a stupid remark. They flat out whipped JC, plain and simple.
idk whats happening to jc..... i thought for sure that that game would be a whole lot closer! we def. need ta work harder..... but good job paintsville:Sad04:
My thoughts exactly Superman...they rolled all over them in their own backyard. As for the fans begging the coach not to do something...the coach makes the decisions and runs the show...the fans should back it up 100% whether they like it or not. I mean it wasn't as if the coach threw the game on purpose.
Good Win TIGERS!!
Good Job to Daniel Pugh also, man that kid can play.. he is one of the best to watch.. i love the trash talk..and the way he just stole the ball away from McCarty, and then laughed at him.. GOOD WIN TIGERS...GO BLUE!!
Pughs a tough kid...great athlete too
congrats
"crazytaxidriver" Wrote:From what i saw, J.C. should have given up the press earlier than they did.. it wasn't working for them. and that's bad, cause from what i saw paintsville don't really have any excellent ball handlers. Bundy can pass one handed pretty good, but that's about all.

Has JC's press worked at all this year?
I have seen them play a half dozen games and not in any has the press been effective.
What was it again that they named it????? "GOLD FLUSH" or something??
And I have no idea what you could have seen that would make you think that Paintsville couldn't handle a press!!! A whole lot better teams have called off their non named presses against Paintsville this year.
Paintsville played a great game. Maybe now people will have some more respect for Paintsville's team.