Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Harlan County-60 Letcher County-12 Final
First, LCC fans better get behind that QB because he is all you have left if Johnson is done. Also he looks to be your QB next year. Secondly, I doubt very seriously that HC will play 8 men in the box against a passing team with no centfielder. Really, really doubt it. Anytime they or Knox have been in the spread the past couple games, sack. Like I said you can't throw from your back. Completely different styles you are trying to talk about. Those passes were completed from the I against a kid who was playing run all the way. It won't be that way when they play someone in spread or someone who has a capable QB. You don't know as much as you think about HC.
The important question did Coach Whitaker use the Lords name in vane.:happytear:
surgeon Wrote:three picks yes it did. but from a kid who has only played Qb 3 times in his entire life and still prolly had his best game against a team ready to be crowned state champs. What a joke I watched a JV team pick him off last week four times. HAHAHAHAHA. Keep braging on these three interceptions. I am telling you Harlan is not State Champion material. Sorry

Msn...sour grapes. to me.
surgeon Wrote:three picks yes it did. but from a kid who has only played Qb 3 times in his entire life and still prolly had his best game against a team ready to be crowned state champs. What a joke I watched a JV team pick him off last week four times. HAHAHAHAHA. Keep braging on these three interceptions. I am telling you Harlan is not State Champion material. Sorry

Dude I have read all 27 or your post and you are 0-27. We may not win it all but we beat your ass by 6td's. Last time I got my brains blew out like that it humbled me significantly....apparently, You don't get it........

Win District, Compete for Region (and win), Talk Shit......something LCC hasn't done for 2 years....so you might check up on the talking shit until you can compete.

60-12 is not competing.....
Bear paw not talking shit re read my post i didnt say we was going to win. I just said you guys arent that great. Never impressed me. I was expecting alot more. I mean shit we mines well stop playing the games and crown you guys state champs. Just stating the facts you guys are not as mean and bad as you guys think. I have seen alot of Cumberland teams stronger and faster than you guys remember the names Baskins, Massey. You do not have anything close.
Those Cumberland teams had some great individual talent but they were nowhere near as good as this year's Harlan County team. They didn't even win a Class A regional title. Harlan County is a top five team in 5A.
HDE Wrote:Those Cumberland teams had some great individual talent but they were nowhere near as good as this year's Harlan County team. They didn't even win a Class A regional title. Harlan County is a top five team in 5A.

I'm gonna give a like with an exception. EVERYONE in east KY knows that Cumberland team got one shoved up their rump at Pikeville. Those 3 were better anyone HC has on their roster, but Cumberland 82,83, 85, and I believe the year he is talking about is 92 couldnt touch HC 2011. Im proud, from Cumberland but that is fact!
surgeon Wrote:Bear paw not talking shit re read my post i didnt say we was going to win. I just said you guys arent that great. Never impressed me. I was expecting alot more. I mean shit we mines well stop playing the games and crown you guys state champs. Just stating the facts you guys are not as mean and bad as you guys think. I have seen alot of Cumberland teams stronger and faster than you guys remember the names Baskins, Massey. You do not have anything close.

You forgot Tinsley and Ravazee

If you read....majority of HC fans are not even sure we can beat Bell County and do not want the King of Mtn crown until we do. That aside I'm looking for who's going to beat us in district? Region? Semi? Now Bowling Green is a different story. But dude the fact of the matter there are about 5 very elite teams in the mountains and HC is at or near the top. If we had beat you 81-0 like the score could have been would you believe then?

You are talking shit and it doesn't compute. Anybody will tell you...we were not happy with how we played at GRC or against LCC. Just remember we still put up 108 on two off nights.
Quote:After watching the Bears tonight, I don't think they will have much trouble with the Bobcats. The Bobcats seam to be going down hill and self destructing

Now im no hater of harlan county because clearly their a GREAT football team, i just feel like you need to be corrected.
with that being said.
Theres just a few things wrong with this statement IMO. for one, Bell county is not Letcher Central, & this 60 point scoring shit wont happen when they play each other so the bears ain't gonna have it as easy as you think. they will be lucky to score 25 on bell. sorry to break that you. second of all, Letcher has been absolutely horrible here lately anyway so big whoopty doo they scored 60, and its only makes it worse with out their starting qb. But... anyway, lol ill let you bathe in your glory. you may continue...

Congrats Harlan County on your easy victory!!!TongueirateSho.......................................................... to a team that couldn't play with them selfs looking at noody mags. :Shaking: im not impressed

seriously though good job bears..

Sincerely, your pal.
Comeback kid Wink
Bear_Paw Wrote:You forgot Tinsley and Ravazee

If you read....majority of HC fans are not even sure we can beat Bell County and do not want the King of Mtn crown until we do. That aside I'm looking for who's going to beat us in district? Region? Semi? Now Bowling Green is a different story. But dude the fact of the matter there are about 5 very elite teams in the mountains and HC is at or near the top. If we had beat you 81-0 like the score could have been would you believe then?

You are talking shit and it doesn't compute. Anybody will tell you...we were not happy with how we played at GRC or against LCC. Just remember we still put up 108 on two off nights.

Bear_Paw Wrote:I'm gonna give a like with an exception. EVERYONE in east KY knows that Cumberland team got one shoved up their rump at Pikeville. Those 3 were better anyone HC has on their roster, but Cumberland 82,83, 85, and I believe the year he is talking about is 92 couldnt touch HC 2011. Im proud, from Cumberland but that is fact!

The 1992 Cumberland team had some great talent. They should have won the region that year even if the Pikeville coaching staff was officiating.
redstorm Wrote:Haraln Co. has a great shot at a state title. They must stay heathly and continue to get better..

Harlan County has a great shot to get to the championship game. However, they would be a very big underdog in a state championship game. Bowling Green and John Harden are really good.
Fooseball Devil Wrote:Hillard must be sick!!! Wasn't Letcher picked to win District last season? Did Johnson play tonight? Good job Bears!!!!!!:Thumbs:

Hillard Howard is a great coach. Coaches make players, players for the most part are not just born. Every once in a while a special player comes along and doesn't need much coaching. These last two seasons should prove how much a coach makes a difference. I would cautiously say that I do not believe all the players left when Coach Howard resigned. Too often this is the case and people want to say we don't have the kids. If the place has never been successful maybe, but not in this case. 60-12 is not competitive and Whitesburg and now LCC were usually fairly competitive. Look at PCC and Hazard, two good competitive teams in the same county. I dare say they have the same type of kids as LCC.
Ive watched thestate championships for the past 25 years and Harlan Co. does things that win state titles in Dec.. run the footbal and test oppontents manhood. Play physical..
It's strange to be upset with a 60-12 win but that's what happens when team have some success. Everyone expects the best most dominating game every time. The leveled headed HC fans have hopes and dreams of a chance to play for a state championships, but we are not crowning ourselves the champions! One game at a time!
Patriot Wrote:It's strange to be upset with a 60-12 win but that's what happens when team have some success. Everyone expects the best most dominating game every time. The leveled headed HC fans have hopes and dreams of a chance to play for a state championships, but we are not crowning ourselves the champions! One game at a time!

We are a spoiled fan base. I'd like to drop a goose egg on every team, but kids make mistakes and things happen. It's funny to see a posters who watched their team get beat 48 points say they "weren't impressed". Other fans must have high expectations for the Bears too. One game at a time.....
Keep working hard Black Bears.
Bear_Paw Wrote:I'm having a real hard time believing in that.......

Me too. It will be tough to beat the Bobcats.
Harlan County with the beat down. Good job Bears.
Patriot Wrote:My only concern was they got beat a few times with runs to the outside, that hasn't happened until the last two games. I hope it's just a case of underestimating their opponent. Coach Canady called a time out at some point int the 2nd quarter had a little pow wow with them on the sidelines and put the Filthy back in the animals! We scored 60 not too shabby!
Good point about getting beat to the outside! I hope they get that issue shored up!
I guess because LCC caught the Bears off guard on one pass play down the middle to a pretty good TE that resulted in a TD, but had 2 pick 6's and another pick along with several sacks and other hits to the QB, you consider that his best game?? Wow, I would hate to see his worst game! Not saying the kid doesnt have a good future ahead of him because I thought he showed a good arm and a lot of toughness, Hats off to him for that, but your assessment of the contest are a little questionable! I know it hurts that your neighboring County has a great football program, but dont try to act like you are some real authority on what constitutes State Championship material because its pretty obvious from your posting you are not. I am not saying HC is any kind of lock to get to the State finals and surely not saying they are a lock to win it, but I do know we have something special going on over here in Harlan County and we are pretty darn proud of the way our kids are playing football these days and whether or not we win a State Championship we know that it will take a hell of a good football team to beat us.