Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Magoffin 65 - Paintsville 51
This was a great game and a GREAT 3rdquarter!!!!
Confusederved: it was a great victory for magoffin county knowing it was parent night...i wouldnt wanna get beat on parent night for the hornets.
it was a great win for magoffin co. on parent night.
"the voice" Wrote:A couple of things here. Everytime MC wins a game it is blamed on poor refs. Now granted that there has been some poorly called games, some going to the good for MC, some going to the bad and some that doesn't help either team. Some people lable it as "HOMECOOKING" some don't, but I was at this game and for the ones saying that this game was a personal vandetta against Chelsee and Paintsville are crazy. I know of 4 occassions that there were missed calls against, or my gosh Paintsville. One was on a inbound play when russell plain out lost the ball while out of bounds, no one from MC touched it, but paintsville kept the ball. Who called that? Mike Hall, "who hates PHS". Didn't help MC that time. Another was a flying elbow from Chelsee vs Ashley J. Howard. Howard went down hard, but was anything called? NO!! so how was the refs trying to get Jarrell out wheh they could had then? Another was when K. Carroll had the ball on her end of the court and she dribbled up the sideline out of trouble and she stepped out of bounds, right in front of the "Paintsville Hating" Mike Hall and you know he let that go. Strange since he hates them so much. IMO the game changed due to the fact after the half that when PHS went on that 4-0 run to cut into the lead, Steve Miller played "stall ball" and took at least 4:00+ off the clock by dribbling near the midcourt line. PHS played off of Megan Powers Wed. night and she was 5/5 from the field including a 3pter. Way to go Megan, great game. By saying the refs let Calloray have the game she did made no sence to me. Calloray missed her first 6 shots, but she didn't quit, which is credit to her. Now if anyone wants to compare a "bad" called game vs. a "good" or "average" game than check out MC vs. Jc on Feb. 10 @ JCHS. That game was horrible and everybody knows it on both sides. Wed. game was no were near a horribly called game, but I guess it was MC getting another win and people don't except that. If you want to look at vendetta's vs. someone than look at MC's whole team, because win or lose, somebody accuses them of cheating or getting the calls. That pothetic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We have apparently cheated 18 times this year, but didn't for 5 games and we lost. HMMM seems like a pattern to me. Mc really sucks and it shows doesn't it? Well for me I will take my sucky, cheatin, no good team over any team around. It's called talent and yes MC...that's MAGOFFIN COUNTY located between Morgan and Johnson for those of you who don't know. Yes there is talent here!!! So give them credit and stop blaming when MC wins. GO HORNETS!!!!!!
I'm sorry that you haven't been to all the other games officiated (boy that's loosely named with Hall) by Mike Hall. If you had, you would know where we're coming from. When I saw Hall before the game, I knew what was going to happen.

Did you see what Ashley Jade was doing to Chelsee before the so called "flying elbow"? Ashley Jade should have put a saddle on Chelsee's back because she was riding her and holding her. Why wasn't a foul called on Ashley???????????

When Kendra stepped on the line, yes she did step on the line, it was because she was bumped by who other than Ashley Jade. Didn't you see Ashley throw her arms up like, I didn't touch her.

When a very aggressive team (Magoffin) has less fouls called on them than a passive team (Paintsville), then there something wrong somewhere.
"PC_U_KNOW_98" Wrote:I'm not blaming Mike Hall for Paintsville's loss, but one of these days he is gonna get his.

I'm gonna tell ALL you guys a lil story, some background info to why Mike Hall didn't like me and why he doesn't like Chelsee.

My Junior year (02') we (Paintsville) were playing Sheldon Clark in the district championship in baseball (Mike Hall is the head coach). I struck out late in the game and while we were throwin the ball around in between innings Mike Halls walks to his coaching box at 3rd base (I played 3rd base) and starts laughing and running his mouth making fun of me. When it came time for me to toss the ball to the dugout (on the 3rd base line) I hit him with it. So here comes my Senior year in basketball, and EVERY time Hall reffed one of our games he fouled me out, as quick as he could. After about 8-9 games of him doin that to me I told him he was a piece of sh**. So now, he does the same thing to Chelsee EVERY time he refs one of Paintsville's games, but he didn't wait til her senior year, he has done it the last couple years.
He called FOUR of Chelsee's FIVE fouls tonight.

Again, I am not blaming Mike Hall for Paintsville's loss tonight, but if he has got a problem with me, he needs to take it up with me instead of taking it out on my little sister, that's sad a grown man acts like that.

Congrats Magoffin County on the victory tonight.

Lady Tigers, hold your heads up, you got a HUGE game coming up friday night against Johnson Central.

man come on i have played against SC as well i have seen him coach and i think he is an excelent guy. i dont think it is right for u to hold a grudge just because you stuck out and got revenge by hittin him. not only that the whole tournament was rigged so that p-ville and JC would be in the final game, even p-ville's radio annoucers thought it was pretty bad called. and by the way what happened to the "goddess" she only had 4 points, and magoffin didnt double up on her once! Woops was she overrated or did the pressure of magoffin get to her?
Apparently you didn't see the things that were done on the flip side as well. I'm not going to get into a, well they did this to us stuff, but paintsville isn't the only ones that suffer in the world. When you say that she was bumped on the sideline, is it me or is players allowed to defend on the sideline? You say Paintsville is passive, your not fully telling the truth all the way. They just are better at hiding it. Granted MC is more physical than PHS, but PHS is a little pusier than you say they are. They are in the 15th reg. they better be!!!
The word was supposed to be pushier...lol sorry!
you all are crazy Mike is one of the best officials in the state. That is why he will be going to the state tourney this year, which Paintsville fans wont be making the trip. To say that he would take it out on Chelsee is most childish thing i have ever heard. Mike is a great guy, he would never do that. Every darn time Pville loses it is always the refs fault. GET SOME NEW MATERIAL! you get the best of best in terms of refs but still you all cry.
Mike would not cheat anyone, the refs really dont care who wins a game! i know you "fans" will never believe that but they really dont care.
To say that a ref should not be allowed to call in the region where they live could be one of the most stupid things ever wrote on here. These guys make 45 dollars for a three man crew, and you think they should drive over one hour one way to do it...give me a break. I would give anything to see some of you try to call one game. Those who can do and those who cant sit in the stands and complain. I would to hear a fan say that they lost to a better team or say that they got out played,,,but no, its easier to always pass the buck and blame the refs...
Mike you are a great ref, keep it up, I ALWAYS GOT YOUR BACK!
paintsville girls need to step it up to beat a team of that callibur.
In my opinion, Kendra Carroll is the best shooter in the region, but aside from Jarrell, this is a physically weak team. I'm sure the Pville fans would love it if there was a foul called every time a player was bumped b/c that is the only chance this team has against a physical or bigger team.
Guys keep this one on the topic of the game...
"the voice" Wrote:A couple of things here. Everytime MC wins a game it is blamed on poor refs. Now granted that there has been some poorly called games, some going to the good for MC, some going to the bad and some that doesn't help either team. Some people lable it as "HOMECOOKING" some don't, but I was at this game and for the ones saying that this game was a personal vandetta against Chelsee and Paintsville are crazy. I know of 4 occassions that there were missed calls against, or my gosh Paintsville. One was on a inbound play when russell plain out lost the ball while out of bounds, no one from MC touched it, but paintsville kept the ball. Who called that? Mike Hall, "who hates PHS". Didn't help MC that time. Another was a flying elbow from Chelsee vs Ashley J. Howard. Howard went down hard, but was anything called? NO!! so how was the refs trying to get Jarrell out wheh they could had then? Another was when K. Carroll had the ball on her end of the court and she dribbled up the sideline out of trouble and she stepped out of bounds, right in front of the "Paintsville Hating" Mike Hall and you know he let that go. Strange since he hates them so much. IMO the game changed due to the fact after the half that when PHS went on that 4-0 run to cut into the lead, Steve Miller played "stall ball" and took at least 4:00+ off the clock by dribbling near the midcourt line. PHS played off of Megan Powers Wed. night and she was 5/5 from the field including a 3pter. Way to go Megan, great game. By saying the refs let Calloray have the game she did made no sence to me. Calloray missed her first 6 shots, but she didn't quit, which is credit to her. Now if anyone wants to compare a "bad" called game vs. a "good" or "average" game than check out MC vs. Jc on Feb. 10 @ JCHS. That game was horrible and everybody knows it on both sides. Wed. game was no were near a horribly called game, but I guess it was MC getting another win and people don't except that. If you want to look at vendetta's vs. someone than look at MC's whole team, because win or lose, somebody accuses them of cheating or getting the calls. That pothetic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We have apparently cheated 18 times this year, but didn't for 5 games and we lost. HMMM seems like a pattern to me. Mc really sucks and it shows doesn't it? Well for me I will take my sucky, cheatin, no good team over any team around. It's called talent and yes MC...that's MAGOFFIN COUNTY located between Morgan and Johnson for those of you who don't know. Yes there is talent here!!! So give them credit and stop blaming when MC wins. GO HORNETS!!!!!!
very nice post the girl from Paintsville dropped the ball out of bounds went around the radio people Mike Hall picked it up a gave it back to her
"In My Opinion" Wrote:In my opinion, Kendra Carroll is the best shooter in the region, but aside from Jarrell, this is a physically weak team. I'm sure the Pville fans would love it if there was a foul called every time a player was bumped b/c that is the only chance this team has against a physical or bigger team.
she is a great shooter but watch her shoot walks just about every time on a jump shot you cant get the ball and hop and shoot
?
"wamiller25" Wrote:man come on i have played against SC as well i have seen him coach and i think he is an excelent guy. i dont think it is right for u to hold a grudge just because you stuck out and got revenge by hittin him. not only that the whole tournament was rigged so that p-ville and JC would be in the final game, even p-ville's radio annoucers thought it was pretty bad called. and by the way what happened to the "goddess" she only had 4 points, and magoffin didnt double up on her once! Woops was she overrated or did the pressure of magoffin get to her?

Obviously you cant read very good miller. first off he was making fun of me, so I hit him with the ball. NOT ONLY THAT miller, how in the world was that tournament "rigged" so that Pville and JC would play in the championship when the tournament was AT Sheldon Clark and it was Paintsville playing Sheldon Clark IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP. That's funny you "remember" Pville's radio anouncers saying that was a bad called game 4 years ago, lol, lmao.
"HomeGrown" Wrote:you all are crazy Mike is one of the best officials in the state. That is why he will be going to the state tourney this year, which Paintsville fans wont be making the trip. To say that he would take it out on Chelsee is most childish thing i have ever heard. Mike is a great guy, he would never do that. Every darn time Pville loses it is always the refs fault. GET SOME NEW MATERIAL! you get the best of best in terms of refs but still you all cry.
Mike would not cheat anyone, the refs really dont care who wins a game! i know you "fans" will never believe that but they really dont care.
To say that a ref should not be allowed to call in the region where they live could be one of the most stupid things ever wrote on here. These guys make 45 dollars for a three man crew, and you think they should drive over one hour one way to do it...give me a break. I would give anything to see some of you try to call one game. Those who can do and those who cant sit in the stands and complain. I would to hear a fan say that they lost to a better team or say that they got out played,,,but no, its easier to always pass the buck and blame the refs...
Mike you are a great ref, keep it up, I ALWAYS GOT YOUR BACK!

Typical post from the great HomeGrown. Mike Hall is TERRIBLE. I would LOVE to sit down with you and watch EVERY game tape of when I played and Mike Hall reffed, then watch every game where he has reffed Chelsee's game. I didn't blame the refs for Paintsville losing, I said Mike Hall screwed Jarrell once again, he always does.
"MC RULES12" Wrote:it was a great win for magoffin co. on parent night because im not sure of ne one wanting to get beat by "jenny craig"

What exactly is that suppose to mean MC, I hope it doesn't mean what I think it does.
tHIS IS ABOUT Magoffin VS Paintsville not about MIKE HALL VS THE Jarrell FAMILY . PLEASE START ANOTHER THREAD IF YOU WANT TO TALK ABOUT THAT.
"MC RULES12" Wrote:it was a great win for magoffin co. on parent night because im not sure of ne one wanting to get beat by "jenny craig"

:omg: U must be a mean person to say that about someone!:boo:
What do you mean a typical Homegrown post, just because I dont always cry like most other fans....call me and i'd love to come and watch some games with you maybe me and your sister could share some pizza, thats if she would let go of the box......just kidding man. I love you and we are good friends but you have no clue who this is....GO TIGERS
If this doesn't get back on the topic of the GAME ..it's going to be closed
"HomeGrown" Wrote:Ryan what do you mean a typical Homegrown post, just because I dont always cry like most other fans....call me and i'd love to come and watch some games with you maybe me and your sister could share some pizza, thats if she would let go of the box......just kidding man. I love you and we are good friends but you have no clue who this is....GO TIGERS

I don't have a clue of who you are, but if you know me that well then you know how Mike Hall was towards me and how he is to Chels, I don't have a problem with any other ref in this region, just him.

As for the game, I gave Magoffin props, I didn't blame the refs for us losing, simply said Mike Hall gave Chelsee the shaft once again.
idiot
congrats lady hornets!!!!! big win for you guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MC RULES12
it was a great win for magoffin co. on parent night

Real nice... Grow up!
i am sorry you feel that about Mike, but I respect your position
"Acid" Wrote:Quote:

Real nice... Grow up!
Guys lets keep this mature, don't single out individuals and talk about their personal life.
"Acid" Wrote:Quote:

Real nice...Grow up!

:omg: and u are telling them to grow up. What is wrong with you people talking about KIDS LIKE THAT! THESE ARE JUST KIDS. YOU HAVE TO BE A KID yourself to be saying this.

GIRLS DONT LISTEN TO KIDS! :Clap: Good luck to you both in these last games you have.
I can't believe so called grown ups are making fun of kids, :boo:
bad taste and just plain mean even in a jesting way.
I was at the game, and I saw one call that MH made FOR Chelsee, when Ashley Jade drove in and it was clear to everyone that Chelsee was still moving. MH called a charge on Ashley Jade..so I know he wasn't calling fouls on her because he dont like her. He very easily could have gave her, her 4th foul on that charge.. So Im not convinced that MH fouls her out everytime she plays..and how many fouls did MW and the woman call the whole game not many.. some one has to call the fouls...

And also can someone clarify something for me...Doesn't that female ref get to ref the state tourny??