Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What teams would you like to see on your team's schedule?
I would like to see the Evils play New Cath in Regular season.
I would also like to See Raceland play Ironton before I'm dead.
As a Breathitt fan I would love to see Perry County Central back on the schedule, along with P-Burg. I would also love to see Breathitt and Bell go head to head.
RAMBAIT Wrote:I would like to see the Evils play New Cath in Regular season.
I would also like to See Raceland play Ironton before I'm dead.

We played them my sophmore year. They beat us 12-7 I think was the score. Just because the Ams are afraid of Northern KY teams doesn't mean the rest of us are. Also played Highlands, Simon Kenton, Newport, and Loydd Memorial to stay on the Northern theme.
This is an easy one. Knox vs Bell last year drew 7,000 fans twice. It was sad to have this game taken away from the Seniors at Knox and Bell. The people responsible for that decision should publically apologize to each one of them. They play at every level except the one that matters.
#1 blackcat fan Wrote:johnson central
id love to see it.
P burg should keep pikeville and paintsville.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:1 good year and there already saying Pulaski, (who has been really good over the past decade and longer) will be a cakewalk for them.
Players like they have now arent always going to fall into place like that.

Actually Pulaski up until like two years ago was very average, Coach Hines was hovering around .500 some years a game up some years a game below.....had they not beaten a "disabled" Whitley team two years ago, in many ways they would be considered an after thought.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I pretty much like Whitleys schedule but id like to switch Lynn Camp for Wburg and Clay Co. for Corbin and Russell for Belfry
Then are schedule would be
Belfry
Rockcastle
Bell
Corbin
Wburg
Perry
Harlan Co.
Boyle
Letcher
Somerset

I really like this schedule, but "fans" are complaining now about how tough the schedule is what the heck would they do if the Colonels rolled out with that schedule?????
comeback_kidxXx Wrote:id like to see hazard on perrys

:1: that would be great to see
I don't have a team, but I would like to see the best play the best. I would like to see Single A play 2A, 3A vs. 4A and 5A vs. 6A in a 3 playoff system at season's end. Could that work?
bigben Wrote::1: that would be great to see

agreed!!:Thumbs:
comeback_kidxXx Wrote:80s Miami Hurricanes would be a good'en to watch too

Yeah but no one would have enough money to get them to play.
I would like to see Powell Co. play Mingo Central from across the river in WV. Just cause that is where I am from.
BriarCreekBrave Wrote:Actually Pulaski up until like two years ago was very average, Coach Hines was hovering around .500 some years a game up some years a game below.....had they not beaten a "disabled" Whitley team two years ago, in many ways they would be considered an after thought.

Disabled is a mild word for that game.
It was a true disgrace to the program what a few of our players did that night and had they not made those bad choices, we would have played Highlands for the second year in a row.
[quote=BriarCreekBrave]I really like this schedule, but "fans" are complaining now about how tough the schedule is what the heck would they do if the Colonels rolled out with that schedule?????[/QUOTE]

It doesnt really matter what they do, its not there call.
Personally, i havent heard anyone complain about the schedule.
I believe most parents and players know tough schedules will only get them better.
Id rather lose to Boyle or Bell any day than beat a Lynn Camp every night.
BriarCreekBrave Wrote:Actually Pulaski up until like two years ago was very average, Coach Hines was hovering around .500 some years a game up some years a game below.....had they not beaten a "disabled" Whitley team two years ago, in many ways they would be considered an after thought.

2010 11-2
2009 10-4
2008 8-4
2007 10-2
2006 2-9
2005 2-8
2004 7-4
2003 11-2

Not sure those records are "afterthoughts."
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Disabled is a mild word for that game.
It was a true disgrace to the program what a few of our players did that night and had they not made those bad choices, we would have played Highlands for the second year in a row.

You would have still had to play Letcher Central before you could have played Highlands. A Letcher Central team that Whitley lost to in the regular season that year.
Hatz Wrote:You would have still had to play Letcher Central before you could have played Highlands. A Letcher Central team that Whitley lost to in the regular season that year.

Yea but only by 7.
And Letchers QB was hurt after that game i believe.
Even though Whitley had a few not playing well, Whitley still had the game won.
They ran it all the way down the field and all they had to do was punch it in but somebody call a HORRIBLE pass play for some reason and ofcourse it got picked off.
HCHS destroyed whitley and would have done it again in the regional if the semis had been in harlan instead of LCC. Bad officiated game.
Daddycat27 Wrote:HCHS destroyed whitley and would have done it again in the regional if the semis had been in harlan instead of LCC. Bad officiated game.

What are you talking about.
Are you that clueless.

Whitley destroyed Harlan 36-8 that year.
Letcher beat Whitley in the regular season by 7.
It would have come down to those two had Whitley had all of there players playing against Pulaski Co.
Harlan Co. wasnt even a test for us that year.

Harlan co. has only played Whitley 3 times.
Whitley won the first one in 09 by a score of 36-8
Last year Whitley played Harlan Co. twice with Halran Co. winning both times.
HCHS had never beat us till last year.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Yea but only by 7.
And Letchers QB was hurt after that game i believe.
Even though Whitley had a few not playing well, Whitley still had the game won.
They ran it all the way down the field and all they had to do was punch it in but somebody call a HORRIBLE pass play for some reason and ofcourse it got picked off.
:HitWall:
I have been fairly pleased with Whitley's play calling the last few years, except for that one horrible pass. I still don't understand what the thought process was to lead to that play call. If Whitley keeps running the ball they do play Highlands that year.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:[quote=BriarCreekBrave]I really like this schedule, but "fans" are complaining now about how tough the schedule is what the heck would they do if the Colonels rolled out with that schedule?????[/QUOTE]

It doesnt really matter what they do, its not there call.
Personally, i havent heard anyone complain about the schedule.
I believe most parents and players know tough schedules will only get them better.
Id rather lose to Boyle or Bell any day than beat a Lynn Camp every night.

:pondering:

I agree RIUTG. Here is the only thing that concerns me: how long is coach black going to get to stick around losing 5 games a year? On a year like this, where they are so young, they are going to take a lot of losses. This could eventually cost him his job. But if it works and 2 years from now they get a region title (or more) it would have been well worth it.
colonel4life Wrote:[quote=RunItUpTheGut]

I agree RIUTG. Here is the only thing that concerns me: how long is coach black going to get to stick around losing 5 games a year? On a year like this, where they are so young, they are going to take a lot of losses. This could eventually cost him his job. But if it works and 2 years from now they get a region title (or more) it would have been well worth it.

If Whitley fired Coach Black that would have to be one of the stupider things they have ever done.
I completely agree with you. Coach Black was an assistance when I played at Whitley, and Whitley's current offensive coordinator played on the team.

I think they do a really good job in a lot of areas, but face it, unless Whitley drastically improves, and I hope they do. They are probably looking at a three to four win season. You can't have to many of those years in a row, I don't care who you are.
colonel4life Wrote:I completely agree with you. Coach Black was an assistance when I played at Whitley, and Whitley's current offensive coordinator played on the team.

I think they do a really good job in a lot of areas, but face it, unless Whitley drastically improves, and I hope they do. They are probably looking at a three to four win season. You can't have to many of those years in a row, I don't care who you are.

I don't think this slump will last very long IMO, Whitley has a good feeder program and as everyone has said, they are extremely young this year. They will be much,much improved in 2012. I don't think Coach Black should be on the hot seat at all IMO.
Id like to see a move back to 5 classes with larger geographic districts to take some of the scheduling out of the coaches hands. In my opinion a majority of coaches are doing a poor job scheduling right now.
Would like to see a Belfry and Harlan Co match up.
I would like to see Pike Central and Pikeville play.
colonel4life Wrote:[quote=RunItUpTheGut]

I dont see it happening.
In all honesty, i think Blacks there as long as he wants to be.
Even with that said, id say black will coach 4 more years and retire for good.
However, if he dont get the numbers up, i dont know if we will ever compete with him as HC.
If all of these young kids stick together, in 3 years, Whitley will be in Bowling Green in December and be a favorite in the east much like Harlan Co is this year.
geauxtigers75 Wrote:I don't think this slump will last very long IMO, Whitley has a good feeder program and as everyone has said, they are extremely young this year. They will be much,much improved in 2012. I don't think Coach Black should be on the hot seat at all IMO.

I agree with this 100%
Whitley does have a great feeder program, its keeping the kids together once they hit high school thats the problem. But it is at most schools as well.
We lose virtually NOBODY this year.
We pretty much return everything next year and return 3 quarters of that in 2013.
Things will get back to good at Whitley, these young kids just need time.