Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WYMT Mountain Top 10
Bottom line is this, In ANY raking system anyone has ever put out is this.... YOU LOSE YOU DROP final answer. IDC how good you are you cannot make an arguement for being number one in a poll... losing and then staying number one... thats just not the way polls work. Now Im sure if Bell continues to win they will be number one again soon... but you cant argue with someone dropping in a poll after a loss.
p burg hero Wrote:perry central is overrated they caught jhonson central on an of night and should have been beat by prestonsburg if you where thier you know it!
Woulda Shoulda Coulda

Bla Bla Bla

Bottom line is this, Pburg had that game and gave it away, Final score is all that matters, then Perry went TO JC and beat the Eagles at home.

PCC Is an impressive team, and deserves the rank they have been given.
Have seen HC play. These boys are big and will make Bowling green or JH look like JV when they meet in the State 5A title game. Look for them to finish the season overall top 5 in the state.
Unregistered Wrote:Have seen HC play. These boys are big and will make Bowling green or JH look like JV when they meet in the State 5A title game. Look for them to finish the season overall top 5 in the state.
HC is not near as big as they were last year on the front. They are faster - but not as big. And if you saw what I saw when JH beat a VERY good Lex Cath team on their home field you likely would not be hoping for that game. John Hardin will likely by your 5A champ this year.
Still to early to be putting crowns on a teams head. Remember footballs arent round and you never know which way the ball may bounce.
PEOPLESCHAMP Wrote:Still to early to be putting crowns on a teams head. Remember footballs arent round and you never know which way the ball may bounce.

Fantastic comment! So true, for most teams have seven games yet to play, and things can most certainly change by the end of the regular season.
colonel4life Wrote:Is this the actual WYMT mountain top 10? When did Harlan move above Bell?

Not sure how you could logically come to that conclusion. it was discussed in another thread how Bell hadn't lost to a mountain team since 2006.

It is possible that Harlan is better than Bell I just don't know how you can draw that conclusion so far this season. Harlan hasn't played anyone this year and Bell has played two very tough teams in Lex Cath and Lafayette (winning one and had the opportunity to win the other on two late drives). IMO you could make a better case for Perry than Harlan. At least they have three very quality wins (though I believe Bell is better than both and Harlan is better than Perry). The great news is that Harlan plays Bell and Perry so we will find out for sure then.

Until Bell loses or Harlan beats Bell, Harlan should be number 2.

Guess you will have to take that one up with Derrek Forrest.lol
Jon419 Wrote:Bottom line is this, In ANY raking system anyone has ever put out is this.... YOU LOSE YOU DROP final answer. IDC how good you are you cannot make an arguement for being number one in a poll... losing and then staying number one... thats just not the way polls work. Now Im sure if Bell continues to win they will be number one again soon... but you cant argue with someone dropping in a poll after a loss.

If Harlan moved above Bell after week 0 than I am more likely to buy your reasoning (I hadn't seen the mountain top 10 since week zero).

I would argue a little that when you lose you don't always drop in the rankings. For example:

Week Zero AP rankings:
4A
1) Highlands
2) Boyle Co.

3A
4) Bell Co.

Week zero results
Highlands 35
Boyle 16

Lex Cath 33
Bell 27

Week 1 AP Rankings

4A
1) Highlands
2) Boyle Co.

3A
3) Bell co.

Boyle lost a game by all intents and purposes (according to the rankings) they should have lost and didn't drop. Bell lost to Lex Cath and actually moved up a spot.

This is a Mountain top 10 and Bell lost to a very good non-mountain team so I don't feel they should necessarily drop in the rankings. However, as long as they dropped directly following the loss to Lex Cath it is a little easier to understand. That's generally how rankings work even if it logically makes no sense at all.
Unregistered Wrote:Have seen HC play. These boys are big and will make Bowling green or JH look like JV when they meet in the State 5A title game. Look for them to finish the season overall top 5 in the state.

Speed kills. Just remember that.
I hope your right and HC brings home the crown. But i dont know if they can even make a game out if it with either one of those teams.
p burg hero Wrote:perry central is overrated they caught jhonson central on an of night and should have been beat by prestonsburg if you where thier you know it!

if you where there you would know that perry played horriable and should of won by 3 to 4tds! this guy cant know anything about football! :flush:
Aslan Wrote:Hazard is a little too high, but other than that, I like it.

You don;t seem to be high on my Bulldogs... What happen to you in the Hazard/Somerset thread, I want to take you up on your pick..
Bell has not lost a game to a mountain team since '06.. IDC if they lose to a Lexington team or any city school at that.. In the MOUNTAIN top 10.. Bell should be on top, until beaten by another MOUNTAIN team
bellcobobcats11 Wrote:Bell has not lost a game to a mountain team since '06.. IDC if they lose to a Lexington team or any city school at that.. In the MOUNTAIN top 10.. Bell should be on top, until beaten by another MOUNTAIN team

and im not just saying that because i am a bell fan, i would say the same if it was Harlan County or any other mountain school
bellcobobcats11 Wrote:Bell has not lost a game to a mountain team since '06.. IDC if they lose to a Lexington team or any city school at that.. In the MOUNTAIN top 10.. Bell should be on top, until beaten by another MOUNTAIN team

i see where your comen from! but if bell was 2-2 right now and hasnt played a moutain team should they still be #1? just sayn!
If the 2 games Bell lost to was Lexington Catholic and say Boyle County or Highlands then by all means yes Bell should be #1 still. I mean yes Bell lost, but to a great team! Until beaten by a legit mountain team or even a mountain team for that matter Bell should have held the spot.
they dont give out trophies for winning the mountain top 10. after that i dont give 2 squirts. the mountain top 10 is purely for bragging rights because some people feel that mountain teams cant keep up with the rest of the state.

being proud that you are ranked in the mountain top 10 is like eating crumbs from the floor.
Quote:being proud that you are ranked in the mountain top 10 is like eating crumbs from the floor.

Agree with this. ^

Kinda like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win your still retarded.
maybe you should root for pcc.im sorry sounds like you already are.were you at the jcc game .probably no.
you know it.
zaga_fan Wrote:Obviously you weren't the "p burg hero" when they played PCC Wink
no the refs were.
p burg hero Wrote:no the refs were.

Your about 3 weeks late to the party.
PEOPLESCHAMP Wrote:Your about 3 weeks late to the party.
its been building up for 3 weeks i cant take it anymore [im going crazy] lol.

I think this brings up a good question. Should only games between mountain school's be considered when determining whether a ranked team moves up or down in the poll? Or does that only apply to the top ranked team?
Dragonsdad Wrote:I think this brings up a good question. Should only games between mountain school's be considered when determining whether a ranked team moves up or down in the poll? Or does that only apply to the top ranked team?

I think it should. Mountain teams only IMO.
PEOPLESCHAMP Wrote:Agree with this. ^

Kinda like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win your still retarded.

Bad analogy PC. I've got a cousin that participates in the Special Olympics. Great organization.
Dragonsdad Wrote:Bad analogy PC. I've got a cousin that participates in the Special Olympics. Great organization.
Agreed
PEOPLESCHAMP Wrote:Agree with this. ^

:dudecomeon:
ekff Wrote:You don;t seem to be high on my Bulldogs... What happen to you in the Hazard/Somerset thread, I want to take you up on your pick..

I think that the Bulldogs are a good 1a team and should make the championship game pretty easy, but I don't see them as a top 5 team in the mts. I don't have nothing against them and I will be at the game rooting for them against Somerset this friday. But I don't think they can win and I think they will get beat pretty handling. I watch them scrimage and honestly I think 8 teams would beat them in the top ten. That is just my opinion and it don't mean jack and I wish the Bulldogs the best to get back to Bowling Green and try to bring back a title to Hazard.