Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perry County Central vs. Prestonsburg
bcpc Wrote:whewww! PCC by 3 tds. Haddix can and will hold his own. Nod goes to athletes and speed!

I'll be very, very suprised if PCC wins by 3 td's. Be much closer than that no matter who wins. I just don't see this being a blow out for either team.
Quote:whewww! PCC by 3 tds. Haddix can and will hold his own. Nod goes to athletes and speed!

I wouldn't count your chickens just yet bro, 3 tds is a little much, but id like to see it happen.

GO DORES!
Perry County Central defeats Prestonsburg by the score of 42-28. There will be a lot of offense on display by both teams but I feel Perry has the superior athletes and Quarterback. Good luck to both teams.
Sure is some nice bulletin board material in this thread.
I'll take the Blackcats..

Prestonsburg - 14
PCC - 7
When these teams get together its usually not a high scoring afair, the most points put up will be about 28 points. If any of the teams score more than that then its one of the ages.
Brandon40403 Wrote:whats everyone think about this one. also if anyone could tell me what radio station this will be on id appreciate it...
You can listen on WQHY-FM 95.5

Should be a very good game, usually a lot of points put up when these two get together.
Decent weather predicted for the game as well, maybe heat or heat index won't be a factor.
Perry Central - 28

Prestonsburg - 20
Tough to beat Perry Central at home.
mandan Wrote:Tough to beat Perry Central at home.

lol, ain't that the truth.
Quote:Tough to beat Perry Central at home.

especially if haddix puts the opposing team next to pcc pep section haha, thats always interesting
this is for my PCC friends!.....

[IMG][/IMG]

PCC for the win on this one!...here kitty kitty!....:biggrin:
^Big Grin
I'm reluctant to make a prediction. It's going to be a close and entertaining game, that's for sure. It could go either way. Perrys known to get off to good starts + it's at PCC.
Perry - 35
P-burg - 27
PCC by 10
I'd say PCC by 2 td's. I'd guess a score of maybe 21-7
The blackcats win and with ease! P-bird makes statement!!!!!!!!
PBird 28
PCC 7

[Image: http://www.blackcatfootball.com/Graphics...ackcat.jpg]
comeback_kidxXx Wrote:especially if haddix puts the opposing team next to pcc pep section haha, thats always interesting

The only reason they would put them on the other side of the field is if it is raining so they would stand in 6 inches of water Wink
Me and Aslan were picked up a Prestonsburg radio show last week on the way back from meeting Ric Flair and for one it was the worst radio show I had ever heard.
3 out of 4 guys picked Jenkins to win.....which wouldn't be a HORRIBLE upset over phelps.
But it's Jenkins nonetheless.
The statement was made the UK would have a hard time against Bell County.
It took them 30 minutes to rattle off the four guys predictions for each game....
But their "game-of-the-week" between Prestonsburg and Perry Central took about 4 seconds for them to all say Prestonsburg.

If Perry Central wins....
tune into 95.5 to hear what zaga_fan has to say Wink
If they don't take my call Friday I'll call in Wednesday when they have the weekly show.
zaga_fan Wrote:Me and Aslan were picked up a Prestonsburg radio show last week on the way back from meeting Ric Flair and for one it was the worst radio show I had ever heard.
3 out of 4 guys picked Jenkins to win.....which wouldn't be a HORRIBLE upset over phelps.
It took them 30 minutes to rattle off the four guys predictions for each game....
But their "game-of-the-week" between Prestonsburg and Perry Central took about 4 seconds for them to all say Prestonsburg.

If they don't take my call Friday I'll call in Wednesday when they have the weekly show.

Wow...how Cool!...:Thumbs:
zaga_fan Wrote:Me and Aslan were picked up a Prestonsburg radio show last week on the way back from meeting Ric Flair and for one it was the worst radio show I had ever heard.

LOL...

Q95 FM has never really been known for their knowledge yearly of the teams around the state. Most of those guys go by what they read in the paper or see on WYMT. I know a few of them personally and I know they don't really follow high school football all that close other than Prestonsburg. I'm not bashing them, they're great radio personalities and do a good job at covering Prestonsburg High School athletics and that's something I can appreciate.

The Sports Guys over at EKB Radio are the best around with their knowledge of the game & local teams.

As for the game tomorrow night, Prestonsburg will be without their offensive coordinator, Jim Tom Allen. Floyd County Superintendent, Henry Webb called PHS principal Jerry Butcher and told him that he didn't want Jim Tom helping out with the football team any longer due the lack of attendence at PHS. Jim Tom is the asst. principal at PHS.

There used to be a rule in Floyd County that adminstrators couldn't coach, however that only lasted a few years. It's an interesting situation and one that I don't think the Pburg folks will let slip through the cracks. I was told that the Pburg boosters club asked for a 11 AM meeting with Henry this morning, however I don't think that took place.

It's funny though that Donnie Daniels can coach at South Floyd while also being the athletic director at South Floyd and SF has a worse attendence average then Prestonsburg.

It sucks that this took place just two days before their first football game of the season. Prestonsburg will be focused and ready for whatever Perry throws at them, I'm sure of it.

Go Blackcats!
Correct me if Im wrong but wasnt Henry Webb still coach at South Floyd while he was the Principal of that school? And I believe Id come up with something better than a school's low attendance record.... Heck school has only been in for a week and a half anyway.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:LOL...

Q95 FM has never really been known for their knowledge yearly of the teams around the state
. Most of those guys go by what they read in the paper or see on WYMT. I know a few of them personally and I know they don't really follow high school football all that close other than Prestonsburg. I'm not bashing them, they're great radio personalities and do a good job at covering Prestonsburg High School athletics and that's something I can appreciate.

The Sports Guys over at EKB Radio are the best around with their knowledge of the game & local teams.

As for the game tomorrow night, Prestonsburg will be without their offensive coordinator, Jim Tom Allen. Floyd County Superintendent, Henry Webb called PHS principal Jerry Butcher and told him that he didn't want Jim Tom helping out with the football team any longer due the lack of attendence at PHS. Jim Tom is the asst. principal at PHS.

There used to be a rule in Floyd County that adminstrators couldn't coach, however that only lasted a few years. It's an interesting situation and one that I don't think the Pburg folks will let slip through the cracks. I was told that the Pburg boosters club asked for a 11 AM meeting with Henry this morning, however I don't think that took place.

It's funny though that Donnie Daniels can coach at South Floyd while also being the athletic director at South Floyd and SF has a worse attendence average then Prestonsburg.

It sucks that this took place just two days before their first football game of the season. Prestonsburg will be focused and ready for whatever Perry throws at them, I'm sure of it.

Go Blackcats!

I figured they were just a few Pburg homers that really get into Blackcat football.
Otherwise Prestonsburg vs Perry Central wouldn't be the game of the week lol
Well just as I posted the above post I was informed that Henry did in fact lift the ruling and Jim Tom will be allowed to coach.

Congrats coach Allen!
zaga_fan Wrote:I figured they were just a few Pburg homers that really get into Blackcat football.
Otherwise Prestonsburg vs Perry Central wouldn't be the game of the week lol
Yes we do get into Blackcat football, it's the team we support and cover for the station and it's where the kids of some of them went to school.
P'burg vs. Perry Co. Cent. is the game of the week because it's the game we cover.
Yes, there are some better match-ups around the state but if the station covers Blackcat football then that's the game of the week and will be the game of the week on the predictions each week.

The remark about Uk having trouble at Bell Co. was a joke about how tough it's been for teams to go to Log Mnt. and win at Bell, and that's the way most people took it except..............you.

If Perry Cent. wins then we'll give them the credit, just like we talked about on the show about what a tough match-up it would be.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:LOL...

Q95 FM has never really been known for their knowledge yearly of the teams around the state. Most of those guys go by what they read in the paper or see on WYMT. I know a few of them personally and I know they don't really follow high school football all that close other than Prestonsburg. I'm not bashing them, they're great radio personalities and do a good job at covering Prestonsburg High School athletics and that's something I can appreciate.

Go Blackcats!

Blackcatalum,
I hope one day that I can have all the football knowledge that you have, ............see ya around !!!!
P burg by 6
UK Fan14 Wrote:Blackcatalum,
I hope one day that I can have all the football knowledge that you have, ............see ya around !!!!

I did say "most of them...."

Wink
UK Fan14 Wrote:Blackcatalum,

Lolllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
I think Hollen will help PCC defense, this kid is a beast at football and wrestling.I watched him play for the last 3 years at PIKE CENTRAL.HOLLEN played both ways for the HAWKS.I will miss watching him play.PCC 28 P-burg 10
If Pike Central was not playing this is the game I would love to watch. I think this will be one great game. I am going to go with the dores in this one. Both teams are loaded. I think this is the year for PCC to turn some heads.I dont think Pburg can cover everybody. Good luck PCC.