• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
State Championship Games Predictions
king360 Wrote:1A-Mayfield vs Fairview
2A-Newport Cath. vs Owensboro Cath.
3A-Central vs Belfry
4A-Highlands vs Lexington Catholic
5A-Bowling Green vs Christian Co.
6A-Trinity vs Male

If this happens I'm sure their will be some protesting going on. Highlands and Lex Cath are on the east side of the bracket, and I believe Trinity and Male are in the same district so that can't happen and BG and Christian County in the same region can't happen.
A Mayfield vs Hazard
AA Newport C vs Owens C
AAA Bell vs Belfry
AAAA Highlands vs Lone Oak
AAAAA Harlan County vs John Hardin
AAAAAA Trinity vs. Dixie Heights

Champs:
Mayfield
Newport C
Belfry
Highlands
Harlan County
Trinity
A - Beachwood v Fairview
AA - OC v Danville
AAA - Bell v Central
AAAA - Highlands v Boyle
AAAAA - Johnson Central v Bowling Green
AAAAAA - Trinity v Henry Clay
AAA- Bell County over Belfry
Ptp71 Wrote:this may be the most stupid prediction i have ever had from anyone on this website, harlan never had the lead against hazard and they never will, get a life

My how easily you forget the 38-0 drilling of 2006....At Hazard
Yea you know Wrote:Honestly, I know everyone has hazard and beechwood/mayfeild, in the title game, but this year, I do believe that the Harlan ind. Green dragons will replace the bulldogs of hazard this year. this teams bodies and hearts have filled out to what they need to win a state title over the past three years. Harlan folk have waited on this team since they were in 8th grade, and added about 7 very talented county kids to the mix. Special year for the green dragons!
I say Harlan Vs. Mayfeild

Yea you know, Im not sure you do know what it takes to be a state champion. No disrespect but you would have to improve light years to win a title and I just dont see the horses in your barn to challenge the big boys. Its a different game among the top few in the little class.
A Mayfield vs Hazard
AA Newport Cath vs Owensboro Cath
AAA Bell vs Belfry
AAAA Highlands vs Lone Oak
AAAAA Harlan County vs John Hardin
AAAAAA Trinity vs. Dixie Heights
Old Henry Man Wrote:How can anybody pick against Louisville Central in AAA?
They will drill Bell Co

Some people on here go with their hearts & not their brains.
Bear_Paw Wrote:My how easily you forget the 38-0 drilling of 2006....At Hazard

That was 5 years ago, totally different teams now dude. We still won region in 2006 anyway... But we can save all the talking for when Hazard brings it to Harlans homefield and shuts everyone up.
Ptp71 Wrote:That was 5 years ago, totally different teams now dude. We still won region in 2006 anyway... But we can save all the talking for when Hazard brings it to Harlans homefield and shuts everyone up.

No, you didn't. Confusedhh:
In 2006 Harlan did beat Hazard 34-0... but that was before Harlan Central opened.

But if you really wanna bring up the past.

2007 - Hazard 34-0
2008 - Hazard 47-7
2009 - Hazard 34-0, and Hazard 50-7
2010 - Hazard 50-20
I believe what Bear Paw was referring to was the comment "Harlan can't beat Hazard,never HAVE and never will". Which is not true because we did beat Hazard 5 years ago But haven't in the last 4 seasons. As far as talking trash I won't do that and niether will the dragons. They'll leave it on the field. Last season Harlan had little more than a JV team when we played Hazard and was down only one score starting the 4th. All those sophomores are juniors this year and will give Hazard a good game. Beat Hazard,that's yet to be seen. But they will be alot better than the team that Hazard played last season.
ekff Wrote:In 2006 Harlan did beat Hazard 34-0... but that was before Harlan Central opened.

But if you really wanna bring up the past.

2007 - Hazard 34-0
2008 - Hazard 47-7
2009 - Hazard 34-0, and Hazard 50-7
2010 - Hazard 50-20

Just wonder'in,whats Harlan Co. got to do with it?
Dragonsdad Wrote:Just wonder'in,whats Harlan Co. got to do with it?

You don't think Harlan Ind. would be better if Harlen Central didn't open?
Dragonsdad Wrote:I believe what Bear Paw was referring to was the comment "Harlan can't beat Hazard,never HAVE and never will". Which is not true because we did beat Hazard 5 years ago But haven't in the last 4 seasons. As far as talking trash I won't do that and niether will the dragons. They'll leave it on the field. Last season Harlan had little more than a JV team when we played Hazard and was down only one score starting the 4th. All those sophomores are juniors this year and will give Hazard a good game. Beat Hazard,that's yet to be seen. But they will be alot better than the team that Hazard played last season.

I get your point...

And I don't think Hazard will be as good as they were last season.
ekff Wrote:You don't think Harlan Ind. would be better if Harlen Central didn't open?
Harlan,I think is better because Harlan Co. opened. I'll tell you why. Because before the athlete's were at schools practically on opposing sides of the county. Cumberland is 30 miles from Harlan city ,Evarts is about 12 miles from the city and Cawood High is about 3 miles or less from the city. Most of the county players we picked up are kids from Evarts. Harlan High sets about halfway between Evarts and the new county high school. If not for the centralization of the students,they would still be at their home schools.
RoShamBo Wrote:No, you didn't. Confusedhh:

Actually they did. They beat Pikeville at Pikeville. Because KSHAA decided to fix a system that was not broken Harlan had to play Somerset twice in 3 weeks at Somerset. The first game was 14-7 Somerset, and the second was the worst officiated game in the history of the sport. Had the playoff stayed as it had the year before Pikeville would have never beat Harlan and the state semi-final would have been played at Harlan.

I will give you hazard has owned Harlan the last 4 years but to suggest we never have never will is absurd, which as my frined Dragon Dad pointed was exactly my point.

I wouldn't crown the dawgs regional champs in 2011 just yet :popcorn:
Bear_Paw Wrote:Actually they did. They beat Pikeville at Pikeville. Because KSHAA decided to fix a system that was not broken Harlan had to play Somerset twice in 3 weeks at Somerset. The first game was 14-7 Somerset, and the second was the worst officiated game in the history of the sport. Had the playoff stayed as it had the year before Pikeville would have never beat Harlan and the state semi-final would have been played at Harlan.

I will give you hazard has owned Harlan the last 4 years but to suggest we never have never will is absurd, which as my frined Dragon Dad pointed was exactly my point.

I wouldn't crown the dawgs regional champs in 2011 just yet :popcorn:

No, they didn't. Somerset won Region 4 in 2006.
Ptp71 Wrote:That was 5 years ago, totally different teams now dude. We still won region in 2006 anyway... But we can save all the talking for when Hazard brings it to Harlans homefield and shuts everyone up.

In 2006 Hazard lost to Somerset in region final 48-21.
This thread has gone off course. Like Central in 3A or Mayfield in 1A or Trinity in 6A, Hazard is clearly the big dog and title game representative from the east side of 1A until beaten. Enough said.