Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If you were athletic director............
If all of you all were AD's, Title 9 would have a big problem..... LOL
bac2369 Wrote:I think hazard turf field and track was around 900k. I'm not sure if thats counting the new scoreboard or not.

I know that when Boyle County got turf, it was 250k. So you're estimation sounds about right.
I think if Hazard had visitor seating,they'd have the total package. Still a great place to play a football game.
I wish P'burg had visitor seating on the opposite side of the field. I hate when fans for different teams have to sit together. To much opportunity for trouble IMO.
Also wish the track wasnt there so we could be even closer to the action.
Overall still a nice facility though.
Oh, and as the season progresses the field is a sand pit.
#1 Blackcat Fan Wrote:I wish P'burg had visitor seating on the opposite side of the field. I hate when fans for different teams have to sit together. To much opportunity for trouble IMO.
Also wish the track wasnt there so we could be even closer to the action.
Overall still a nice facility though.
Oh, and as the season progresses the field is a sand pit.

At last years Pineville game at Harlan the police were up in the stands breaking up fights a couple of times. Just a matter of time till there's a big brawl in the stands. This season we have to go to Pineville and I'm sure there's some idiots on both sides that will run there mouths because of last season's riff. There has been many fights at the Harlan/Pineville games in the past especially at Pineville. At least the two sides are on opposite sides of the field at Pineville or it would really get crazy.
If I were Corbin's AD I see 3areas that need addressing: 1 A new modern scoreboard. Ours has embarrassed us a few times last season alone. 2. Update the dressing rooms and possibly the home stands. 3. A turf field & practice area. I realize we don't have the coal operators with heavy equipment and money like Hazard but they definitely did it right. Then leave an excellent coaching staff alone to do their job. GO HOUNDS
If I were Corbin's AD I would address 3 problem areas: 1 A new modern scoreboard. Ours embarrassed us a few times last year alone. 2 Upgrade the dressing rooms & perhaps the home grandstands(depending on cost). 3. Turf field & practice area. I realize that we don't have the coal operators with heavy equipment and money like Hazard has, but they sure did it right. I have listed these in order of need. Then back off & allow an excellent coaching staff to do their jobs. GO HOUNDS
bac2369 Wrote:Perry Central needs a new turf field, bleachers on the other side of the field and to get a better guy on the mic to call the games. He gets a little aggervating at times.

I hate when he says "laundry on the field" and it happens alot up there.
Dragonsdad Wrote:At last years Pineville game at Harlan the police were up in the stands breaking up fights a couple of times. Just a matter of time till there's a big brawl in the stands. This season we have to go to Pineville and I'm sure there's some idiots on both sides that will run there mouths because of last season's riff. There has been many fights at the Harlan/Pineville games in the past especially at Pineville. At least the two sides are on opposite sides of the field at Pineville or it would really get crazy.

Is the problem one set of bleachers or the "adults" sitting in the bleachers? Sounds like the later to me. :biggrin:
For Lexington Catholic I would put bigger stands on the visitor side and put restrooms over there as well. I would also give the players new lockers, I think the current ones have been around since the beginning of the program
I would get more equipment to better train them on their strength and conditioning.
ekff Wrote:If all of you all were AD's, Title 9 would have a big problem..... LOL

Title 9 would have a big problem, but not me
PAintsville needs new restroom facilities, especially for the visiting fans, and maybe an upgrade to the concession stand. Possibly turf, and figure out a way to get the goalposts out of the endzone. Also some new lettering for the scoreboard.
I'm sure the AD could raise many of these issues, but doesn't the school board actually decide on most of these types of issues?

TRADITION FOR SCHOOL BOARD:Cheerlead
tradition Wrote:I'm sure the AD could raise many of these issues, but doesn't the school board actually decide on most of these types of issues?

TRADITION FOR SCHOOL BOARD:Cheerlead
Perhaps, but if you're a quality AD, you float the idea to your school board and they approve it. Good ADs get their (reasonable) wishes granted, from my experience.
RoShamBo Wrote:Bermuda is definitely the better surface IMO, but the cost of keeping up a bermuda field every year are too much for the benefits to outweigh the costs. Turf is cheaper in the long run.

Indeed. Bermuda is ideal but not practical in a day and age of shrinking school budgets when they have to get the maximum use out of their facilities. A pretty Bermuda field that is not allowed to be used other than Friday nights does not give cash-strapped schools the most bang for their buck.

Nelson County is debuting a new synth-turf field this fall. You can read about it more here: link. It's a subscription site, but you can get a temp log-on to read the story.

The suggestions of removing the track by some posters is kind of funny. Where would you have your local track and field teams hold their meets once you did something so drastic?
I would put fans in the stands. Right now it is very difficult for a family of 4 to attend anything. HS football (and basketball) is drawing fewer and fewer students to regular season games. I would allow all students to attend games free if they go to that school or one of the feeder schools. It would be required that they have their student ID and have on a school spirit shirt from the Athletic Dept. to get in free. If you don't wear spirit shirts then buy a ticket. You could make the money on the T-shirts and hoodies which they will wear all year. Also they will spend money at the concession stand. Most students especially younger ones will have to have someone drive them. It may not work but I would like to see someone try it. Most playing sufaces are very good including my school.
For Perry Central, we need new (and larger) bleachers, a new field (demolish Dennis Wooton and flip the field around and install turf of reseed bermuda is my suggestion), a lastly a new pressbox (if you've ever had to climb on top of it you would agree with me). This is of course if I had unlimited funds to work with. :biggrin:
In the hot Kentucky weather, we as coaches sometimes need to push practice back in the day to keep our kids healthy. It would be really nice to have a few floodlights for us to use during night practice.

Coach Cook
Woodford County
Gitback Coach Wrote:I was hoping there were no Belfry fans with anything to "wish for" when it comes to their stadium. The Pirates have one of the nicest HS facilities I've seen anywhere.

I will admit, though, you guys certainly paid your dues for decades at Vippermann . . . as great as your current stadium is, that's how bad your prior one was.
Exactly home field advantage.. "The sand pit"
Prestonsburg needs TURF! The field is used for pratice and for games, both the middle school and high school use it. It is way too over used for the grass to stand a chance at looking good. By mid season, and somtimes earlier (depending on rainy weather games) the grass is gone and field is a mud pit. For a school that puts so much into its football program its crazy they have let this go. I understand that grass is traditional, and perfered by some. I would prefer grass too, if you had pratice fields to use and could keep it looking good, and not be playing in a mud/sand pit, but Prestonsburg just doesnt have those facilities.