Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pregame Rituals
I'd always joke around with my teammates about random stuff to keep me loose. Put my uniform on, lace up my cleats, take some tylenol and play the game. Afterwards, sack up my stuff and head for the showers then home. I just loved playing football and the oppertunity to shine under those lights every Friday night. I miss those days.
I still know who redneck is....my opinion hasnt changed. Good cover up though :lol:
Lets see, sometimes I went home to eat or sometimes I just ordered something. Then I would I would just sit around and talk to some friends, relax, then probably eat some more. I usually didn't get my stuff on until a little late because, it really didn't seem to get me more or less prepared just because I had tighter pants on and shoulder pads. Then I sat around and watched guys go crazy and smack theirselves on the head for some unknown reason, I guess so they would get down the field faster during kickoff and miss tackles or get blind sided. Or so they could let a punt almost roll to a stop, but then at the last second jump out and touch it just at the right moment where the other team could recover late in the 4th. Then I would strap up and play the game.
At pburg we are never allowed to leave the school before a game, unless of course there was no school on that particular friday, we would go into the fieldhouse and listen to Pink Floyd, pantera, and hank Jr untill 5 30, then our team chaplin, Arnold Turner would come in and have devotional with us untill 6 15, then we would get dressed and taped and warm up an hour before the game started, we would usually come b ack in at about 6 45 and sit in total silence untill the refs called for captains, man, am i ever gonna miss those days..............
ttt
MAn i wish i could play football my whole life
1 more year of high school football Hurley.

Posted Mon Feb 21, 2005 9:00 pm:

Hard to believe!
i always listened to AC/DC - Thunderstruck
got me pumped before every game i ever played...
ahhhh....loved the country tunes that would be blarein' from the speakers at the ole' hambley athletic complex....
I always watched a Rocky movie before playing a game....Mostly Rocky 4
well...lol....I always tie my left cleat in the locker room b4 we go up and then my right when we got on the fiels just b4 we stretch
because everyone knows that if u tie your cleats at the same time ur ability to make the play is limited due to the circulation loss........u gotta be kiddin me
hey they ask for rituals.......its just superstition......my first varsity game when i was a freshman,....i started and i was so nervous i forgot to tie my right cleet...and i had a pretty good game......so now i do it b4 everygame