Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
John Calipari Says Duke Will Not Play Kentucky
What???? I don't understand this. Kentucky's fanbase is what sets us apart from every single school and it is bull like this that displays how much the country knows of the passion that the state has from "their" team.
[SIZE="4"]
[COLOR="Blue"]Shelby Valley High School:
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
MaxPreps National Champions!![/SIZE][/COLOR][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
We play them on a neutral court in 2012 at Madison Square Garden.
UK will let the venom fly and Duke can bring the Cameron Crazies with their 1600 SAT scores.

Until then, both teams will just have to hope they meet up in the NCAA tourney.
zaga_fan Wrote:We play them on a neutral court in 2012 at Madison Square Garden.
UK will let the venom fly and Duke can bring the Cameron Crazies with their 1600 SAT scores.

Until then, both teams will just have to hope they meet up in the NCAA tourney.

Duke as a school=Impressive
Duke as a fanbase=Spoiled lil brats
[SIZE="4"]
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
^ Smart Spoiled Little Brats that have all of their teethe
^ I would also imagine that they know how to spell "teeth". Big Grin
Stardust Wrote:^ Smart Spoiled Little Brats that have all of their teethe

ah boys....
LClion4life Wrote:^ I would also imagine that they know how to spell "teeth". Big Grin

lol....
Off topic but I can't wait for the season to start already!! :redboxer:
if im not mistaken uk made it to the final four got beat out by uconn still no championship duke wins national championship in 2010 face it ur program and ur team will forever blow and blow hard u guys say oh will win this year oh will get it next year u guys may get a number 1 recruitin class but recruiting isnt everything its how good ur team is displined how cordinated and well determined to win that championship so when u come compare coach k to coach cal coach cal will never be on his level so yeah u guys can hate all u want but duke plays alot smarter basketball then uk does so hate if u want
:biggrin:
Wow. lol.
Duke will be trash this year.. Don't have ne clue what this guy up here is talking about.. They lost a lot.
Like I have told many of my Duke friends, wait until Coach K retires, then see what happens.

UNC's coach retired/passed-away and it took them a while to build back up. St. Johns was very mediocre for years after their legendary coach stepped aside. UNLV has done what after their great teams? You see how the story goes.

UK has had 4 coaches, (so far) win a National Championship, 5 have been to a Final 4.
DukeFan4life Wrote:if im not mistaken uk made it to the final four got beat out by uconn still no championship duke wins national championship in 2010 face it ur program and ur team will forever blow and blow hard u guys say oh will win this year oh will get it next year u guys may get a number 1 recruitin class but recruiting isnt everything its how good ur team is displined how cordinated and well determined to win that championship so when u come compare coach k to coach cal coach cal will never be on his level so yeah u guys can hate all u want but duke plays alot smarter basketball then uk does so hate if u want

I think most rational UK fans would acknowledge the stretch of basketball Duke has had in the past decade. In my opinion they are the team of the decade (2000s) and the only other team that may have a claim to that is UNC. Duke has solid teams year after year but as everyone has said, they know nothing outside of the winning ways of coach K. He will not be there forever but Duke will remain as one of the best traditions in college basketball because of him (as UK because of Rupp, etc.). The next person in line will tell alot as to how awesome this fanbase is.
[SIZE="4"]
LClion4life Wrote:^ I would also imagine that they know how to spell "teeth". Big Grin

Have you read post 39 from a Duke fan? They cant even use punctuation correctly. So spelling is out the window.
Benchwarmer Wrote:Have you read post 39 from a Duke fan? They cant even use punctuation correctly. So spelling is out the window.

Dukefan4life wouldn't be able to make it into Duke lol
I like that Cal calls them out. Ric Flair said it best "to be the man you gotta beat the man". I would love to see them do a home and home.......why would it be a bad thing. Going to Cameron and beating them would be sweet. I'm not like some people who think that crackerbox gym is intimidating. Duke does not play tough games out of conference. They are content to play UNC 2 a year and call that a tough schedule. One more reason to not respect them.
^ It's probably not a fair assessment to say dUKe's non conference is weak based on Non-Conference games Power Rankings:

2010: UK #4 - Duke #9
2009: Duke #1 - UK #5
2008: Duke #7 - UK #50
2007: Duke #9 - UK #192
Can anyone find Duke's 2011/2012 massive hard home schedule?
Benchwarmer Wrote:Can anyone find Duke's 2011/2012 massive hard home schedule?
Maybe it's top secret and Dickie V with Coach K does not want to let out the number one top rank home schedule yet.
DukeFan4life Wrote:if im not mistaken uk made it to the final four got beat out by uconn still no championship duke wins national championship in 2010 face it ur program and ur team will forever blow and blow hard u guys say oh will win this year oh will get it next year u guys may get a number 1 recruitin class but recruiting isnt everything its how good ur team is displined how cordinated and well determined to win that championship so when u come compare coach k to coach cal coach cal will never be on his level so yeah u guys can hate all u want but duke plays alot smarter basketball then uk does so hate if u want

BTW--

Where was Duke this year? Didn't see them in the final 4.

7 titles. Shutup.
Why not just play on a neutral floor. That should be solved fairly easy...I'd like to see a better excuse than UK fans and their venom.
Lookingatyou Wrote:Why not just play on a neutral floor. That should be solved fairly easy...I'd like to see a better excuse than UK fans and their venom.

Playing em in MSG next year, bub.

It's very hard to take you serious after this post.

Dictionary Home » Dictionary Definitions » teeth
teeth

listen (tēt̸h)» See teeth in thesaurus

noun
tooth

Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio.
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.

Dictionary Home » Dictionary Definitions » teethe
teethe

listen (tēt̸h)

intransitive verb ,
to grow teeth; cut one's teeth

Origin: ME tethen < tethe, teeth

Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio.
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.

:biggrin:
LWC Wrote:While we usually do not agree, I agree that a neutral court game would be best. Make it a local-neutral game (i.e Louisville one year, Charlotte one year)

I think that would be a great idea.... I think that a floor like somewhere in tn or virginia would be great too... Just to make a "neutral" floor...However we would have to consider the fan bases, the fans would have to travel all that distance for no reason though. I like the Louisville, charolotte idea though.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"