Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fantasy Baseball League
I vote live draft too
live draft!
3 to 1 so far in favor of a live draft, those who want a live draft what times are good to do this. Keep in mind we may not be able to get a good time.
i would say later on in the day....anywhere from like 5 to 12 on any day of the week would really be ok for me.
Evenings are bad for me and BTW a full league is 12 teams not ten.
well, i could really be available all day if evenings arent good, i have a very flexibel schedule.
Weekday evenings are fine with me....

A full league can be defined as 10...You don't "have" to have 12 teams in order to be a full league...10 is better anyways for player distribution....I hate playing in a 12 team league...
I vote for a live draft...
Right now I set the draft for Tue Mar 7 2:00pm, just throwing out a time right now. We can change it. Also League settings have not been changed, and if two more people want to sign up go ahead. 12 is the max limit for this league, and actually you can change it from 4 to 20 teams. Alfus is right, the more teams you have, the less number of quality of players you have. That can be a good thing or a bad thing, whatever way you look at it.
tuesday at 2 is ok with me....
2pm in the afternoon is impossible for me...that's the middle of a workday.
BTW...why don't we send a pm to all players in the league to vote for live or auto draft rather than the four who have voted for live now. If everyone is an equal member of the league let each vote for the type of draft. I'd like to see everyone who signed up to have a voice.
fox sports Wrote:2pm in the afternoon is impossible for me...that's the middle of a workday.
BTW...why don't we send a pm to all players in the league to vote for live or auto draft rather than the four who have voted for live now. If everyone is an equal member of the league let each vote for the type of draft. I'd like to see everyone who signed up to have a voice.

Actually one of the main reasons I picked 2pm was you said evenings were bad for you. Good idea about PM members.
We now have 11 players, we need one more.
im in :Thumbs:
LC99 Wrote:Actually one of the main reasons I picked 2pm was you said evenings were bad for you. Good idea about PM members.
Yep, some of us work and some of us work more than 40 hour weeks...2p is bad and evenings are bad.
Thank you, I thought it was a good idea also.
PMs to members allows all members of the league to have a voice instead of two or three trying to control everything.
We are now full with 12 players.
anytime for me is ok. i vote live draft
Any updates? Draft/No draft?
[quote author=alfus21 link=topic=18629.msg204417#msg204417 date=1141605077]
Any updates? Draft/No draft?
[/quote]

It looks like it will be a auto draft.  I have one person still left out and it is 6 to 5 auto, and most that voted live draft, said that auto is fine, so if it is a tie that will break it. 

Now what categories do we want to have in the league number of players, postions?  etc.
If someone else wants to join then they can take my place...The whole point of a league is to draft players, and try to make your team better than everyone elses...An auto draft is pure luck and anybody could end up winning...If anybody wants in let me know and you can take my place...
[quote author=alfus21 link=topic=18629.msg205316#msg205316 date=1141675384]
If someone else wants to join then they can take my place...The whole point of a league is to draft players, and try to make your team better than everyone elses...An auto draft is pure luck and anybody could end up winning...If anybody wants in let me know and you can take my place...
[/quote]
The whole point is to have a good time following a great game while trying manage the best team through an entire season...

What point would it be for You, Obviously someone who has played fantasy sports before to load up a team during the draft against players that have never played any type of fantasy game before and may not have a clue HOW to draft....

If you want to load up to create the best team do it through trades...
BTW...an auto draft is not "pure luck"...it is balanced, alternating selection process based on pre season rankings designed so every team will be at least balanced at the get go.......I plan to work some trades

I disagree that anyone could win based on an auto draft.
Well if you look at my fantasy profile, you'll see I'm a pretty distinguished player..I just dont like the idea of having to do an auto draft because you have no control over what you get..You can set your pre-rankings but that only goes so far...Its not hard to draft...Its a heck of a lot easier than an auto draft..You go in and pick who you want..Its not rocket science or anything..People would still be balanced, but people with actual baseball knowledge would have a slight edge...
Im with Alfus on this one. Live draft is the only way to go really.
Ill do it if ok
I'm going to stay...I'll just try to trade my way into getting a good team...But I really do wish people would reconsider the live draft...Thats the best part of any fantasy league...
[quote author=alfus21 link=topic=18629.msg205872#msg205872 date=1141699240]
Well if you look at my fantasy profile, you'll see I'm a pretty distinguished player..I just dont like the idea of having to do an auto draft because you have no control over what you get..You can set your pre-rankings but that only goes so far...Its not hard to draft...Its a heck of a lot easier than an auto draft..You go in and pick who you want..Its not rocket science or anything..People would still be balanced, but people with actual baseball knowledge would have a slight edge...
[/quote]

Congrats on being a distinguished fantasy player.

I disagree...people with baseball knowledge would have a HUGE advantage and people with baseball knowledge that have never played a fantasy league(there are some in the league) would be spanked from the beginning in a live draft.

Why punish people for knowing more about how the game works though?
I would love for it to be a live draft because I am confident I could pick a top 3 team but either way is fine.  If its not a money league then I'm just in it for the fun and it gives me some players to keep up with over the summer that aren't on the Reds.  I perfer a live draft but auto draft is fine too.
it would depend on what time and what day the draft would be for me
I too would love a live draft, because I too am confident in my knowledge of sports and especially the game of baseball. would be fun ot compete with you guys with the players that i myself picked.